OFFICIAL ORIGIN: QLD WINS. HOORAY. NOW LET'S GET BACK TO THE FOOTY

Since we're coming into Origin season, we might like to think about how it's going to affect our playing roster and recovery time. Here is the schedule, and how it will impact us.

IMPACTROUNDDATEOPPONENT
Missing players17Sunday, July 10Dragons
Origin 3Wednesday, July 13
Backing up: 3 days18Saturday, July 16Titans

We have 2 remaining games to be affected by representative matches:

Dragons in Round 17
Broncos missing
Kurt Capewell
Corey Oates
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan
Tommy Flegler (replacement)

Dragons missing
Ben Hunt

Titans in Round 18
Broncos possibly resting
Corey Oates
Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan

Titans possibly resting
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

ORIGIN 3 SQUAD : QLD

Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Pat Carrigan
Corey Oates
Tommy Flegler (18th man)

NSW ORIGIN 3: NSW
No Broncos

I think Cowboys Murray Taulagi must be close to getting a run on the wing, giving the form he's in..
I highlighted Murray's form last year saying he'd be such a valuable asset to pick up. He's kicked on even further this year.

Wally picks Coates, Cobbo, Capewell and wouldn't say no to Oates. Locky throws Pat and Flegler into the mix:

I can't see how Coates gets in over Cobbo. Slater yadda yadda, it's his first year coaching and his reputation is on the line, I don't think he'll select on bias.

I don't know, maybe I'm being biased but Coates offers nothing you want from an elite winger other than finishing. Shit defence, makes no metres, doesn't create chances on his own. Origin is absolutely a game of field position and X Factor and Coates offers nothing there.

With Fidow getting some wing games before origin I think it's between him and Oates/Cobbo.

Coates would be my 4th choice.
But but but...Xavier can jump really high and that looks good when he almost catches the ball every time!

A big game from Staggs would have likely sealed an Origin debut.

But after tonight, I'm not sure he'll be selected now. He was poor in that first half, especially defensively.

It was a bit disappointing to see considering the occasion. Indigenous Round, I was expecting big things. But Titans were causing him all sorts of trouble.

Is Flegler going to be suspended for the hip drop?

A big game from Staggs would have likely sealed an Origin debut.

But after tonight, I'm not sure he'll be selected now. He was poor in that first half, especially defensively.

It was a bit disappointing to see considering the occasion. Indigenous Round, I was expecting big things. But Titans were causing him all sorts of trouble.
Him and Cobbo were bad defensively. Cobbo caught way out of position. Staggs still should be picked though, unless they go with Wighton at left centre and Crighton/Staggs fighting for right.
Corey Oates has to be on one wing for Qld
He needs to be first winger picked.

Is Flegler going to be suspended for the hip drop?

Was it Flegler they put on report?

I thought it was Walters. I couldn't really see which player was put on report.

Was it Flegler they put on report?

I thought it was Walters. I couldn't really see which player was put on report.

Almost certain it was Flegler. Dude was jogging away looking at the ref with the "not again" face we're used to seeing.

It was Flegler. It didn't look bad, but with his record he could cop a month.

Nothing in it. Should be a fine only, but with priors, not so sure.

As long as the spine remains unchanged which looks likely, Broncs will do well throughout the Origin period.

Flegler doesn't deserve an origin jersey, and we also really need him next game so I hope he doesn't get picked.

Haas/Carrigan/Cobbo/Staggs/Capewell should be certainties for origin. Oates should be but I don't think he will be picked. Flegler shouldn't be, but I think he will be picked.

Either way I think we're going to be at least 6 players short, maybe 7.

Raiders will almost certainly be missing Papa and Wighton who are their two best players at least but we'll be up against it.

If Reynolds plays I think we'll win, I can't see us winning without him.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Justwin
  • MrMoore
  • broncsgoat
  • Redux
  • Skathen
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • Battler
  • Volvo Driver
  • Brotherdu
  • Bronx48
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.