OFFICIAL ORIGIN: QLD WINS. HOORAY. NOW LET'S GET BACK TO THE FOOTY

Since we're coming into Origin season, we might like to think about how it's going to affect our playing roster and recovery time. Here is the schedule, and how it will impact us.

IMPACTROUNDDATEOPPONENT
Missing players17Sunday, July 10Dragons
Origin 3Wednesday, July 13
Backing up: 3 days18Saturday, July 16Titans

We have 2 remaining games to be affected by representative matches:

Dragons in Round 17
Broncos missing
Kurt Capewell
Corey Oates
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan
Tommy Flegler (replacement)

Dragons missing
Ben Hunt

Titans in Round 18
Broncos possibly resting
Corey Oates
Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan

Titans possibly resting
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

ORIGIN 3 SQUAD : QLD

Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Pat Carrigan
Corey Oates
Tommy Flegler (18th man)

NSW ORIGIN 3: NSW
No Broncos

Lebanon play Jamaica, Ireland and NZ in their group for the WC.

They are a pretty good chance of making it to the knockout stage.
Top 2 from each group qualify right?

I think they'll make be 2nd for sure if the NRL teams let Lebanon pick players.

Jamaica could be decent level, there is plenty of Jamaican background english players in the Super League plus Dominic Young from Newcastle said he would play for them.

But Lebanon will have Moses who is probably the best 7 outside of Australia and NZ.

Yeah top 2 from each group.

If they finish 2nd in their group, they will play Australia in the QF. Australia's group has Fiji, Italy and Scotland.

Is it a different format to previous Cups? I sure hope so. That three from one group and one from everyone else was absolutely stupid.

Also, Australia is ranked 4 in the world. Haha

England has to be a chance to not even make semis. Australia, NZ and Tonga are shoo ins and if Samoa get their best squad out there, they’ll also beat England. If Fiji get Koroisau, they’ll also be hard to beat.

Jamaica could be decent level, there is plenty of Jamaican background english players in the Super League plus Dominic Young from Newcastle said he would play for them.

But Lebanon will have Moses who is probably the best 7 outside of Australia and NZ.
Full strength Lebanon have a really good 1/6/7 combo.

1. Jacob Kiraz
6. Adam Doueihi
7. Mitchell Moses

Is it a different format to previous Cups? I sure hope so. That three from one group and one from everyone else was absolutely stupid.

Also, Australia is ranked 4 in the world. Haha

England has to be a chance to not even make semis. Australia, NZ and Tonga are shoo ins and if Samoa get their best squad out there, they’ll also beat England. If Fiji get Koroisau, they’ll also be hard to beat.
No lopsided groups anymore, the top 4 teams are all in different groups(total 4 groups)

Interesting though that a Australia vs New Zealand final is impossible, they are both heading towards a Semi final clash with all the other good sides(England, Samoa and Tonga) on the other side of the draw.

Since England are hosting they gave them the easier route my guess.

20220622 212809

Good sportsmanship from both teams.

Keen as for the weekend's games.
NZ vs Tonga should be a beauty.

No lopsided groups anymore, the top 4 teams are all in different groups(total 4 groups)

Interesting though that a Australia vs New Zealand final is impossible, they are both heading towards a Semi final clash with all the other good sides(England, Samoa and Tonga) on the other side of the draw.

Since England are hosting they gave them the easier route my guess.

I actually think it is simpler than that. NZ is currently ranked 1 and Australia 4, hence they meet in the Semis. England and Tonga are 2 and 3.

Gotta say that it's pretty disappointing that NRL.com didn't have any updates or news on this match at last check. No live scoreboard, no match report yet. Aren't they wanting to build the sport? I had to come here to see the final score because I missed the game from abroad.

Good old Mackay repping a few Maltese boys. Yeah they own half the farms in Mackay.

Surprised TMM didn't make the Kiwi's 17, I thought he would be the obvious 14 if they went with Manu at fullback(I certainly would have him ahead of Foran), but it should help him having a rest going forward for our team.

Knew Riki wouldn't make it.

Awesome to see Lebanon and Malta getting some more promotion, albeit live updates would have been better.

Side note, cracking to see Cheika steal some of the boys from Shute Shield and bring them this exposure in league - a mate of ours didn't even tell us he got the call up and scored a couple of meat pies, the prick!

Hopefully it helps build the community and grassroot levels.

Is anyone else concerned that we only have one player playing tonight for QLD? We used to have half the team.

Is anyone else concerned that we only have one player playing tonight for QLD? We used to have half the team.
That great development club the Roosters have the same amount I believe. We have 3.

Also, no... if anything, the past 10 years when we have had 10 in the side has shown us its completely irrelevant. You either buy them when they become good anyway (eg roosters mentality, although they've done it a bit earlier lately) and save on scouting and overall benefit to the game with no punishment and all the benefit to you, or you pick the right 3 or 4 with good timing.

Not really because I think Donuts is starting to instil a bit of a Melbourne approach to development. Identify the ones you want to build around and keep them, anyone else is just a bonus. Also, you will notice that one of the Roosters of course is one of our former kids surprise surprise. Mariner and Te Kura are going to be something special anyway. Packer, well he's the interesting one because although he isn't playing, he is also extremely promising.

Surprised TMM didn't make the Kiwi's 17, I thought he would be the obvious 14 if they went with Manu at fullback(I certainly would have him ahead of Foran), but it should help him having a rest going forward for our team.

Knew Riki wouldn't make it.
Actually Riki has kind of made the team. He's the "replacement." Te Maire is a "reserve."

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Hoof Hearted
  • LittleDavey
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • bazza
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.