Origin Sucks

Not quite the same as being born in one state and supporting the enemy......

Yes, but people have their reasons

As stated, I am in Adelaide

If I was still following AFL I could not follow the Crows because of the hypocritical media and annoying supporters

A small example if I may ........

1 week the Crows lost by 20 points

Headlines read "Crows go down in thriller"

Next week they win by the exact same margin

Headlines read "Crows slaughter opposition"

Granted, a small example, but this type of hypocritical biased 'journalism' crammed down my throat week after week after week, combined with the arrogance and sheer annoyance of the Crows fans I have as friends make me hate the Crows so much - I get great joy when they lose :)

Not putting words in anybody's mouth, but perhaps some NSW folk are so annoyed by similar things they cannot tolerate NSW

Just a thought :)

Quite frankly, I would consider any NSW born person getting p!ssed off at the blues and supporting QLD, to be a major victory (and laughing point too)

Hi Fourex,

I didn't watch the origin matches in fum-ball

Nobody in aussie rules took origin seriously - they were just joke matches that some administrator thought might make money

wrong!

You didn't watch.....hmmmm. Thought you once treated GAYFL like a religion?

Anyway,

I've spent a few years in Adelaide and from my experience South Australians supported the origin concept quite well. Much the same as their QLD counterparts, South Australia had spent years watching Victoria raid South Australian clubs of there best players for bigger money and the chance to play in the "VFL"........

again, and this is from my experience, nothing satisfies a South Australian more than beating a Victorian.

Yes, but unlike in rugby league, once South Australia got its own club in the AFL, and it won comps pretty early on, Origin became irrelevant to them. When the 2nd Adelaide team did the same, Origin was dead and buried.

In league, it's remained relevant to most despite the success of the Broncos....possibly because of the easybeat nature of the Cowboys, Crushers, Giants/Seagulls/Chargers/Titans for the most part.

Took the Crows 6 yrs to win a comp.......

The point is, as a enthusiastic supporter of the fumble ball game in South Australia and knowing the "feeling" that existed between S.A and Victoria

any South Australian worth his salt would have been supporting his State team.

You didn't watch.....hmmmm. Thought you once treated GAYFL like a religion?

Anyway,

I've spent a few years in Adelaide and from my experience South Australians supported the origin concept quite well. Much the same as their QLD counterparts, South Australia had spent years watching Victoria raid South Australian clubs of there best players for bigger money and the chance to play in the "VFL"........

again, and this is from my experience, nothing satisfies a South Australian more than beating a Victorian.

I did treat it like a religion

I had the team I supported, and went to their game every week - rain, hail, shine - no matter how far away, no matter what

It was more than religion, it was a way of life to me

And yet despite all that, I didn't watch the SA Vs Vic origin

Please do not infer that it wasn't that serious to me just because I didn't care about origin

Aussie Rules people follow a team

Rugby Legue people follow a team AND a state

Origin is the be and end all in League but was a joke in Aussie Rules

I understand you have spent some years here, and your experience is valid

I have spent 44 years here, and my experience is also valid

I grew up with family and surrounded myself with friends who lived and breathed Aussie Rules

None of us gave a crap about the origin

Took the Crows 6 yrs to win a comp.......

The point is, as a enthusiastic supporter of the fumble ball game in South Australia and knowing the "feeling" that existed between S.A and Victoria

any South Australian worth his salt would have been supporting his State team.

So I am not worth my salt?

Why does it have to be this way?

On what basis do you believe it is acceptable to tell someone who has lived in SA all of his 44 years, that he is not worth his salt as a South Australian, because he doesn't feel a certain way about a certain topic - a way that you, a temporary resident, believes is the 'right' or 'proper' way to feel?

We're all on the same team here; why are we so quick to attack each other?

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • IceWorks
  • bert_lifts
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • KnToad
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Kev_Guz
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.