Our chances of making the eight

Donald

Donald

QCup Player
Mar 25, 2013
Just wanted to see what you guys thought about our chances of making the eight this year..?

I just did the ladder predictor on NRL.com and going off current form we will need 30+ competition points to make the 8 this year.

My ladder looked like this. I didn’t favor the Broncos at all and we didn’t make the eight. We were ninth.

1. Rabbits
2. Eagles
3. Roosters
4. Storm
5. Bulldogs
6. Raiders
7. Warriors
8. Sharks
9. Broncos

The remainder of our draw looks like this. Going off our current form and that of the others I selected the following.

Warriors away (L) You would have to think that we will be without some of our origin players
Storm away (L)
Sharks at home (L) We will be without origin players
Bye
Cowboys away (W) Just
Knights away (W) Just
Dragons at home (W)
Eels at home (W)
Panthers away (W) just
Knights at home (W) just
Bulldogs at home (L)

From what I can see we either have to improve hugely to make the eight or we will be in ninth and miss out. This is all hypothetical of course but it’s a pretty accurate look at what may happen IMO.

Re: Our chances ofd making the eight

No chance.

i will support the team to the end but being realistic i just dont see it happening this year. 10th or 11th.

at least though.., if we did put together a dream run to scrap in the 8, it would mean we must be in some really good form that is capable of going deep in the finals. obviously a pipe dream.

Last edited:

Yeah I am still hopeful. I will always support the boys to the end but at THIS stage it doesnt look too good for us.

We might pull a Eels 2010 type run out of the hat....:biggrin:

I doubt we will be without any origin players for the warriors

I doubt we will be without any origin players for the warriors

I can see Hodges not backing up. Not sure if it was cramp or not but he looked like he strained his calf last night. Hannant (if he is selected), Parker, Thaiday and Gillet will play IMO.

I can't really see us making it either.

And if we do happen to make it, we'll be easy pickings for the big boys.

you put us down to beat the knights both times? not gonna happen. theyll beat us both times IMO.

the knights are fairly bad. admittedly we have been too. but we should beat those losers.

If we stick to current form then we will finish 9-15, if we improve a bit, it might get to 11-13, anyway u look at it, it will be a Broncoless post season.

I can't see them making it. In fact i think it'd be better if they flamed out spectacularly rather than only just missed the eight by a game or on differential. If the latter was to happen I can easily imagine excuses being made (rough Origin period, some unfortunate injuries, bounce of the ball in close games) and as a result nothing changing for next year.

I couldn't give a shit about making the eight this year. Even if we got there, this is no way in hell we'd make it past the first week.

And scraping into the 8 would just mask the inadequacies of this squad and coach and delay the inevitable.

Bring on 2014 without Corey Norman and a random off-season ex-Bronco veteran signing.

Also, change our ridiculous home jersey. You can only have a wanky jersey if you are winning.

We'll lose the panthers away imo.

yep, been saying it for years - id rather miss the 8 than scrape in and be bundled out without putting up a fight. we did it year after year and people, even on here, would say "we made the 8, what a successful year, every player deserves his spot! you cant win it every year.".

missing the 8 says that its not good enough. it means there were at least 8 teams better than you out of the 15 other teams. thats not acceptable.

Yeah I am still hopeful. I will always support the boys to the end but at THIS stage it doesnt look too good for us.

We might pull a Eels 2010 type run out of the hat....:biggrin:

Look, none of us have a crystal ball, and even if we did, WHO could predict what might happen in such a topsy turvy season such as this (i.e 2013). What I DO predict, however, is that these lads have turned over a new leaf, particular in regard to their perspective on just what IS achievable this year. There is too much talent amongst these lads to just throw it all away and not make some kind of line in the sand in terms of possible achievements in regard to finals footy.

I predict a new focus, a new way of approaching the remaining months of play and with this strategy devised by Hook what also needs to happen is buy-in by all stakeholders - support staff, fans etc etc.

Guys, we can help to make a difference by supporting the team and showing them we still believe IN them. Don't lose faith just yet. Not while there is still glimmers of hope that we can still be there come the time whips are cracking!

ROFL fans needing to buy in.

No, we don't. That's called blind faith. We buy in when we see for our own eyes that we are showing consistent improvement.

If our players visit the wizard of oz (thaiday and Norman heart and Wallace a brain). We could beat any one of those teams if the forwards hold their form and more consistently apply line speed. The only exception is probably the kiwis

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • broncsgoat
  • BruiserMk1
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • jd87
  • Organix
  • Dash
  • RolledOates
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.