"Overcoached statistical rubbish" - Ennis

Bennett got to a GF and played finals every year, if seibold bombs and we come in 10th do we still trust the system?

Yes.

If he bonds 2 years in a row, do we give him another chance?

It depends on the results and the form, game to game. If there is consistent, measurable improvement, combinations are building, the team is committed and leaving everything on the field, then yes. If not, then I'd agree they should reevaluate.

Bennett has been one of the best coaches ever , that's why you give him time. So should we give seibold the same luxury ?

Bennett was given time and didn't deliver. More than that, his team didn't noticeably improve over the last three seasons. They were inconsistent. They often had a poor attitude. And they rarely showed up when it mattered most. You might be happy with that. I wasn't. The board obviously wasn't. Just because he was great doesn't mean he's above criticism, and that he should have been allowed to continue indefinitely, not producing results. Old school Bennett certainly didn't subscribe to that policy himself, although recent Bennett has been a little more lenient in that regard.

But yes, we should allow Seibold the same 'luxury', time to build his own team and install his own culture and structure, and to actually prove whether or not it works.

Yes.

It depends on the results and the form, game to game. If there is consistent, measurable improvement, combinations are building, the team is committed and leaving everything on the field, then yes. If not, then I'd agree they should reevaluate.

Bennett was given time and didn't deliver. More than that, his team didn't noticeably improve over the last three seasons. They were inconsistent. They often had a poor attitude. And they rarely showed up when it mattered most. You might be happy with that. I wasn't. The board obviously wasn't. Just because he was great doesn't mean he's above criticism, and that he should have been allowed to continue indefinitely, not producing results. Old school Bennett certainly didn't subscribe to that policy himself, although recent Bennett has been a little more lenient in that regard.

But yes, we should allow Seibold the same 'luxury', time to build his own team and install his own culture and structure, and to actually prove whether or not it works.

I agree we need to give him time, it is a young team and you can't expect miracles. But we also need results at some point , and imo we can't wait 2 or more years for that.

Even if we were sitting pretty on the ladder and made the finals, there are a couple of people on this board that would still want Seibold sacked.

Because he isn't the so called messiah Wayne Bennett.

Rubbish

If Seibold actually manages to get rid of Boyd and Macca, I'd definitely be willing to give him more time, even if we don't make the top 8 this year.

giphy.gif

Any other elite organisation wouldnt tolerate failure and we shouldnt either.
If missing the top 8 is the collateral damage to restructuring the side, fixing the spine and setting a clear vision and direction for sustained success then I would call 2019 a successful one.
If Nick Politis adopted your approach, Robinson would’ve got the boot after the wooden spoon. They will be entrenched in the top 4 for the next decade.
This needs to be our plan also

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Hoof Hearted
  • The Don
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Xzei
  • broncs30
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • peter09
  • Allo
  • LittleDavey
  • Jazza
  • ezpz
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.