Palmer Wapau

M

markmac

BRL Player
Apr 21, 2008
Just wondering why Palmer isn't getting a run in the trials? Is he injured? The mans got to get a run someday soon! If Ashton Sims can get a run and captain the team in a trial then Palmer's gotta get a run IMO.........

Hurt his back at training a few weeks back, not to serious, should be ready to go by round 2 or 3

Cheers BroncoMatt, I'm just hoping he gets a chance this year. Do you know how his pre season has been besides this injury? is he bigger or leaner? quicker etc?

markmac said:
Cheers BroncoMatt, I'm just hoping he gets a chance this year. Do you know how his pre season has been besides this injury? is he bigger or leaner? quicker etc?

Training full time with the Broncos squad has done him wonders, he is looking lean, mean & super fit icon_thumbs_u

I can't wait to see him have a crack at the NRL

A cpl of QCup games on telly, I'm not saying he's can't play.. but i think a lot of the calls over the last year for him to be thrust into the 17 have been fairly premature..... all because he gets a writeup in the paper.

I think you'll find the likes of BroncoMatt who have been singing his praises have done so having watched him play for a number of years. They'd also be well aware Queensland Cup is several steps below NRL, but you can only do well in the grade you're in.

He'll get an opportunity at NRL level this year. Just have to see if he grabs it with both hands, and if the Broncos show patience for enough games for him to settle (not a one off go on the bench and then dump him).

I understand that Coxy.

Nothing against him as a player, he's obviously got a lot of raw talent. i just think last year on face value it would have been a bit of a gamble. From memory he missed a chunk of the preseason/season? with injury.. seems the sort of player that would probably need a good offseason a full season on the paddock to get fit enough, especially to do himself justice at NRL level

Palmer is sensational to watch. I get down to a fair few Fin games and he always produces magic somewhere along the way. And I'm not even a fin fan!

Cheers for the info broncomatt..... Palmer for bench 2009!!!

Unread

Active Now

• maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.