Panthers sack Anthony Griffin

you know what i think would be funny ...

The Tigers end up releasing Cleary (after receiving plenty of compensation from the Panthers) ... then sign hook.

then in the 2019 season the Tigers finish higher on the ladder than the Panthers

I want us to sign both Cleary’s now just to mess with Gould.

Haha, I love it . Hook just spat in the poisoned chalice that's being handed to Cleary.

Like that banned poster said, a season end reveiw needs to place WB under great scrutiny. All pressure will briefly vent with a gf win but anything short of that, well.

Rugby League in this country will be much better off and will improve overnight once Phil Gould ***** off. Both from the Pamthers and his commentary.

As for Griffin, it was a great story but you need to be wary of telling tales out of school. Yeah it's 'good copy' and it gives the soap opera another storyline and the slaughterhouse has another day to keep the lights on but blokes who tell it like it is need to be mindful.

Management tend to go for guys who accept their fate quietly and not rock the boat.

Mate Hook had every right to defend himself last night. The Panthers pretty much said he was incompetent, made out that he was the only problem at the club and had lost the whole locker room. Tell me what player fights back from the Manly and Raiders game if they don't give a shit about the coach? If Hook doesn't speak up to defend himself, he wouldn't get another coaching gig anyways as they would see him as a weak coach. Hooks sacking was purely because Gus wasn't getting it his own way so he engineered it to get his mate Ciraldo who is a yes man to take over and try and appease a halfback with a promise that his dad might rejoin the club and coach him.

Gould seems to be passing the buck to the Panthers chairman on The Footy Show.

Said Hook would've been sacked three months ago if the chairman had his way. Basically making out that he (Gus) kept him in the job.

The Channel 9 old wives club gang up on Griffin was the most unbalanced journalism I have seen in a long time. Terrible

Yep. Ten minute diatribe from Gould. Worth a watch on 9Now when it’s available [emoji897]

That Channel 9 Footy Show hit job on Griffin was so transparent and plain embarrassing. They had Gould loading up on Griffin, Fittler and Ryan Girdler (ex-Penrith players) and then they get Hannant on who hates Griffin because he dropped him to Intrust Super Cup. Ha ha they think people are stupid.

Last edited:
That Channel 9 Footy Show hit job on Griffin was so transparent and plain embarrassing. They had Gould loading up on Griffin, Fittler and Ryan Girdler (ex-Penrith players) and then they get Hannant on who hates Griffin because he dropped him to Intrust Super Cup. Ha ha they think people are stupid.

Some people are...

I really didn’t care until 9’s agenda. Especially when hanant came on. Ask Ben hunt or some one who cane through the 20’s

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • MrRobot
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • something
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • broncoscope
  • pennywisealfie
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • The True King
  • Midean
  • bazza
  • Mustafur
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Battler
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.