Paralympics

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Did it disappear???

Sorry if it didn't, I can't find it.

Anyways; how orsm was the relays!!!! Such different athletes, from different disciplines!

One of the relays, the Aussie team had a long jumper and our anchor was a shot putter!!! The big fella hung on to win us Bronze!!!!!LOLZ!!!

The Aussies got silver in the WC Rugby!

We are orsm.

Yeah - who deleted it??

But yeah - love the relays. Was laughing about the amputee one though cause the commentators were all worried we would get DQ because we didn't finish with the baton. And I'm screaming at the tele "They don't have to in the amputee relay they can request to not run with a baton if they have above elbow arm amputees in their team. You aren't very observant Heath (the first runner in our team) didn't even have the baton on the start line." The funniest thing was the chick commentator is an arm amputee sprinter herself who competed in a number of relays at Paralympics and World Champs - and she didn't even know that was the rule.

And yeah the WC Rugby. Seriously the US totally out-played us in the Gold Medal match and are definitely once again far and away the best team in the world. But the boys are totally stoked with the Silver (had a quick chat to a couple of them this morning). They went into the games expecting to finish anywhere from 5th - Bronze, so to get the Silver is totally awesome. _woohoo_

Finally beat Canada to take the Gold in the Men's WC Basketball as well icon_thumbs_u

And awesome marathon this morning. 10 guys came into the stadium pretty much together so basically a sprint finish after 42Km!!! So glad Kurt hung on to win it - he hasn't had the best games to that point.

Props to the whole Aussie team - they did awesome.

Were they 5th overall? I know they were this morning, but they may have been pipped?

Yep 5th overall with 23 Gold 29 Silver and 27 Bronze. Ukraine came from no-where to just pip us for 4th. China 1st, UK 2nd US 3rd

WC Rugby the biggest choke in history! Losing to the yanks! They don't even play (decent) rugby! :P

Does that American dude who had the docco made about him (Murderball?) still play for them?

Mark Zupan - yep, but he didn't even get on court during the GF, which surprised me. But yeah he's at the end of his career - I think he will be retiring very soon.

And Coxy - choke??!!! [icon_thumbs_do Shame on you. The yanks are THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT MURDERBALL!!! We weren't ever supposed to get to the Gold medal match, so a choke it certainly wasn't

and yes I know you were just fishing and took the bait just so I didn't disappoint you. It's the kind of good friend I am :-)

Unread

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • simplythebest
  • Old Mate
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • RolledOates
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.