Parker Out For A Month

K

kimlo_

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2008
COREY Parker thinks he might have to miss playing in round one next year after injury again struck him down.

Parker (pictured) missed eight weeks after dislocating his wrist in the 2007 season opener, and fate has chimed again with scans today ruling him out for up to a month.

Parker is out of the WOW Brisbane Broncos’ match against the Roosters this Friday after tearing the posterior cruciate ligament in his knee scoring a try last weekend.

He joins fellow forward Joel Clinton on the sidelines, who will be out for a similar period with medial ligament damage.

“I aren’t having much luck with round one,†said Parker today.(lol I aren't :P)

“I did it when I scored, and kicking the goal afterwards felt unusual. I swung my foot through but it felt like it was still behind me.â€Â

David Stagg and Sam Thaiday will be the new Broncos in the pack, with David Taylor and Nick Kenny chosen to be replacements on the bench.

Ben Hannant has been named at prop after scans today cleared him of major damage to his Achilles tendon. He is still rated only a 50 per cent chance of playing against his old club at Aussie Stadium.

Lockyer will start at five-eighth after he came off the bench in last week’s 48-12 shellacking of the Panthers, his first match back from a knee reconstruction.

Lockyer looked good when he came back, scoring a try after putting Justin Hodges through a gap.

Hodges joked it was a relief to have him back after the Broncos experimented last year with different players at number six.

“After having blokes like Sam Thaiday and Tonie Carroll playing there it is good to play outside someone who can pass,†quipped Hodges.

Broncos team to play the Roosters:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Reece Robinson
3. Steve Michaels
4. Justin Hodges
5. Darius Boyd
6. Darren Lockyer ©
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. PJ Marsh
10. Sam Thaiday
11. David Stagg
12. Ashton Sims
13. Tonie Carroll

Reserves:

14. Shane Perry
15. David Taylor
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Nick Kenny

Two first choice forwards out for a month, what do you guys think. Do we have good depth to cover them properly and is wallace any good at kicking. Do you think these 2 injuries will have any significant effect?

broncos will miss his leadership in the forwards. Carroll and thaiday will really have to step up and take charge this week.

Ohh FFS! :mad:

Least it isn't 2 months like last time!

Well in a way, It might be a blessing in disguise. The fact that two first choice forwards are out for a month means we get the chance to give up and coming boomers a chance to shine and if they broncos can win say 3/4 games by then, we will have two top class players back which can only help the team :D I don't know about you guys, but i'm very optimistic about the broncos this season, reckong they will hit top 4, mainly for the fact that we have peter wallace, BUY OF THE YEAR IMO. He was fantastic now darren can weave his magic and inject himself into the game when he sees something. GO BRONCOS 08!

Well one injury we can handle even 2 or 3 OR 4 but lets just hope we don't have another injury crysis and lose all our key players again. IMO Inform broncos, injury free PREMIERSHIP 08

kimlo said:
Well one injury we can handle even 2 or 3 OR 4 but lets just hope we don't have another injury crysis and lose all our key players again. IMO Inform broncos, injury free PREMIERSHIP 08

Sounds good to me!

2 injuries to both of our front line players, Clinton and Parker. In such an inexperianced pack this is gonna hurt us against the Roosters. I feel for Parker, round one curse hits again.

Will hurt us heaps considering were up against the best or one of the best forward packs this week. I still think the boys can win it for us though, I just hope roosters don't use cheap tactics again to injure lockyer like with wing.

kimlo said:
Two first choice forwards out for a month, what do you guys think. Do we have good depth to cover them properly and is wallace any good at kicking. Do you think these 2 injuries will have any significant effect?

Yes corey will be a big loss but Clinton. Personally i think clinton is a little soft and is not the player everyone is making him out to be.

^ He played last year for another team too remember.

Aussie said:
^ He played last year for another team too remember.

I don't think anyone would argue his form in recent seasons hasn't matched the form that saw him into the rep scene and a change of environment can do a player the world of good especially when it comes to form issues, the present day Panthers is hardly the most ideal environment for an out of form player(very easy to stay that way at a club thats been bottomdwellers for a number of seasons) to respond IMO and 20 minutes of football at a new club is hardly an indication of his future performance at the club.

Clinton will never be a Civo but he has potential, which he showed when the Panthers won the Premiership, to be one of the top props in the game again.

Yes his form fell away big time but so did Penrith and this year it looks like the Panthers will be shit again.

Clinton is in the right environment to be successful again, he will do a very good job for our team.

totally sucks that parker is out, huge blow but After tonights game i'm pretty impressed with the forwards and how they went...wasn't exactly end of the world for us

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Spooky1013
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncs30
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.