NEWS Patience thins as Anthony Milford fights to save career at Brisbane

Anthony Milford can't play 3 positions at once.

He was starting to get his mojo back when Dearden was halfback. That combination needs to continue.

That's why I keep thinking that bloody AS was a complete moron at continually keeping Boyd (useless, piece of - you know) at 6 and Turpin (not his fault that Macca has a monopoly on 9) at 7. At least Turpins was trying to kick - Boyd was a complete passenger. Bloody hell even SOS with an injured knee would have been more effective than Boyd!

I've just spent the past hour smoking pot and day dreaming that I'm apart of the review committee within the club with a tonne of authority.

Boyd - Not even bothering to interview Darius. My only stipulation for being on the committee at all that I won't budge on is Boyd is gone. Not just the captaincy, out of the squad. He could have a solid gold tongue and it wouldn't make a difference. He will have just as much a right as anyone else to earn his way back in, but as of right now, he's done. Accept that or I'll resign and you can find someone who will agree with you. Good luck.

McC - "Andrew, you've played 261 games for the Broncos over the past 10 years, in that time what do you think has been your greatest achievement? And I would like to tell you up front mate, answering with Origin is not going to get you many points, lets me honest. To be frank mate, the club is now in a position where it is forced to ask itself if always average, never exceptional is good enough. If Week 1 of finals was any indication, clearly it isn't anymore. You've got the rest of this meeting to convince me otherwise."

Milf - "Milf, I'm gonna be as blunt as possible with you mate because I feel like we should be treating these meetings with a lot of frankness, given the circumstances. I'll ask you simply: As far as winning a premiership for the Broncos, do you feel you've checked out mentally? Depending on how you answer, we can organize your future right now this afternoon. You'll get your compassionate release, and we'll go our separate ways. If you still want to stick it out, then you need to help us help you get you back to your best, because right now, it isn't good enough for your wage mate, and I feel if you do wish to stick around, it would be a prudent and gracious move on your part to take a pay cut."

TPJ - "I love what you bring big man, but lets be honest, you're getting a bit of a free ride at the moment. You must clean up your game and deliver more consistent performances. Any extended stints on the sideline for incidents on the field next year are going to be frowned upon and eventually actionable."

Shibasaki - "I don't know what to tell you mate, I don't think you're up to it at this level and it will be my view that you be cut from the top 30."

Haas - "Another cocktail, sir?"

Fifita - "Yes certainly one moment, sir."

Turpin - "As far as I'm concerned, the 9 is yours to start the year, but I do have to be up front with you lucky charm, you're slipping into a role that has left a lot to be desired for way too long. It's a lot on the plate, but you'll have every chance to clean it off and make it yours. Work hard, you're gonna need to."

Bird - "You don't want to feel like you're getting a free pass for 2019, do you? Good, that's why you're a leading candidate for the leadership group. If you truly feel like you owe something to the club for all this time off, then get your ass into fullback and prove it."
Haas does not drink so maybe a mocktail.

I've just spent the past hour smoking pot and day dreaming that I'm apart of the review committee within the club with a tonne of authority.

Boyd - Not even bothering to interview Darius. My only stipulation for being on the committee at all that I won't budge on is Boyd is gone. Not just the captaincy, out of the squad. He could have a solid gold tongue and it wouldn't make a difference. He will have just as much a right as anyone else to earn his way back in, but as of right now, he's done. Accept that or I'll resign and you can find someone who will agree with you. Good luck.

McC - "Andrew, you've played 261 games for the Broncos over the past 10 years, in that time what do you think has been your greatest achievement? And I would like to tell you up front mate, answering with Origin is not going to get you many points, lets me honest. To be frank mate, the club is now in a position where it is forced to ask itself if always average, never exceptional is good enough. If Week 1 of finals was any indication, clearly it isn't anymore. You've got the rest of this meeting to convince me otherwise."

Milf - "Milf, I'm gonna be as blunt as possible with you mate because I feel like we should be treating these meetings with a lot of frankness, given the circumstances. I'll ask you simply: As far as winning a premiership for the Broncos, do you feel you've checked out mentally? Depending on how you answer, we can organize your future right now this afternoon. You'll get your compassionate release, and we'll go our separate ways. If you still want to stick it out, then you need to help us help you get you back to your best, because right now, it isn't good enough for your wage mate, and I feel if you do wish to stick around, it would be a prudent and gracious move on your part to take a pay cut."

TPJ - "I love what you bring big man, but lets be honest, you're getting a bit of a free ride at the moment. You must clean up your game and deliver more consistent performances. Any extended stints on the sideline for incidents on the field next year are going to be frowned upon and eventually actionable."

Shibasaki - "I don't know what to tell you mate, I don't think you're up to it at this level and it will be my view that you be cut from the top 30."

Turpin - "As far as I'm concerned, the 9 is yours to start the year, but I do have to be up front with you lucky charm, you're slipping into a role that has left a lot to be desired for way too long. It's a lot on the plate, but you'll have every chance to clean it off and make it yours. Work hard, you're gonna need to."

Bird - "You don't want to feel like you're getting a free pass for 2019, do you? Good, that's why you're a leading candidate for the leadership group. If you truly feel like you owe something to the club for all this time off, then get your ass into fullback and prove it."
That discussion with Milf could be had with the whole squad to some extent.
Do they want to be part of this team moving forward? Straight up... Contracted or not, do you want to fucking be here?
The players that survive this performance review should be questioned about their commitment. We need 100% out of this group.

Dearest Peter Shirley Gertrude Babel,
Thank you so much for your wonderfull recent torrent of sensationalist horse shit journalism. Take your extremely punchable rat face back to the refuse centre and take a long refreshing nap in your faecal trash nest.
You’ve earned it.
View attachment 6229View attachment 6229

What I find fascinating about Badel is he is an employee for Newscorp and Newscorp own the Broncos.

So either Newscorp are using their ownership to say whatever it wants about the club without retribution to get a headline and sell more papers or it’s happy letting it’s massive asset cop negative publicity and lose its value. Makes zero sense to me.

What I find fascinating about Badel is he is an employee for Newscorp and Newscorp own the Broncos.

So either Newscorp are using their ownership to say whatever it wants about the club without retribution to get a headline and sell more papers or it’s happy letting it’s massive asset cop negative publicity and lose its value. Makes zero sense to me.

It's not often I give any credit to Newscorp, but look at it this way: it would be a lot worse if the Newscorp media weren't up the clubs ass just like the rest.

Simply put, the club have fucked him. We didn't bother to go looking for a decent fullback and halfback to partner him when we had the chance, so it became an exercise in band aid solutions to stupid problems. He's been moved around more than any other player in the side. Nikorima was never going to be the answer and the club should have known that far earlier.

I also am now a believer that Milford was overpaid way too quickly. You don't give a player 1 million dollars after one good season, unless of course your recruitment and retention department is full of complete hacks.
Sometimes your hand is forced when there are no other halves around and 6 other clubs are lining up to pay him the same amount.
Can you imagine the shit storm if we had lost Milf because we offered 850k and another club pinched him for 1 mill

Yeah I guess drama and controversy grabs people’s attention more than the truth, and increases sales potential.. ..Must outweigh any other potential loses..
Maybe if memberships and other markers drop to a certain level they tell him to shift his writing more towards the positive.?.
Hail the all mighty dollar!

Last edited:

Puff puff give mate !

8d8e452a0450f80a2d7e0098227a6159.jpg

At least Milford hit his feature!

I am deeply disappointed with the display on Sunday. However I dont believe the criticism of Milf is fair. At fullback he was expected to create for outside backs as a half, provide all 5th tackle options and be present in support play while also doing the above. How many kicks do we see Tedesco,Tommy Turbo etc have to make.
When Milford got caught on the 5th did anyone notice the pathetic slow service from Boyd at dummy half. Where was Macaa???
When Milf played as a half he was expected to create every play with little to no threatening options to play to so he was heavily marked each time he has the ball.
Compare this to Luke Leary who has Tedesco out the back, Cordener on the short ball or direct to Latrell. All moving at speed on good lines all he has to do is hit one of them. Playmaking is all about creating doubt in the defence. To do this well you need to have threatening options to play to causing indecision and giving playmakers extra time.
Surround milf with a good fullback,a hole running 2nd rower and a strike centre outside him and he can be as good or better.

Yup. Milfs not the issue, he’s a gun. Put even a basic level of support around him and he’ll be back winning games for us at will.

Last edited:
he was internally identified as one of the chief culprits behind Brisbane’s shock 58-0 capitulation

I'm no fan of Milford for the most part but lol @ Badel. Get fucked, like you would know what the club is thinking let alone be privy to some sort of internal talk.

Garbage like this should be illegal to publish, it's straight up fiction pulled out of Rupert Murdoch's ass to sell some online clicks.

we are definitely going to loose players we don’t actually want to loose over these articles. They will just pop smoke milf fafita all coming off contract soon, yikes!

In 2015, IIRC, Bennett said he told Milford and Hunt to go out and have fun, play to enjoy, minimal structure, just run and pass, and support. That was the most brilliant piece of coaching relevant to the respective games of Milf and Hunt, Hunt who showed he can be diamonds and forget about the rocks, and yes, a real half with who Milf formed a terrific combinations.

Since then, the fun has been coached out of Milford, and the structures have strangled him

Seibold and everyone take note

Last edited:

Reminds of that scene from fight club.. except someone should be yelling to Macca “YOU ARE TOO FUCKING SLOW!!”

In 2015, IIRC, Bennett said he told Milford and Hunt to go out and have fun, play to enjoy, minimal structure, just run and pass, and support. That was the most brilliant piece of coaching relevant to the respective games of Milf and Hunt, Hunt who showed he can be diamonds and forget about the rocks, and yes, a real half with who Milf formed a terrific combinations.

Since then, the fun has been coached out of Milford, and the structures have strangled him

I still feel like something happened between milf and Hunt after 2015. Seemed like they hated each other and weren’t celebrating each other’s plays like they were in 2015. Maybe it was the money? Who knows but something was off.

I could watch that over and over. Makes me smile and reminisce about better times. What happened to our great club...

Active Now

• Dash
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosMan
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.