Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Patience thins as Anthony Milford
fights to save career at Brisbane

Peter Badel,
The Courier-Mail
September 17, 2019 4:49pm

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't remember one month within the past 2 years where the Broncos weren't in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. The media are certainly to blame for being contemptible shit stirrers....but the club has to be blamed too. They've left themselves wide, WIDE open for all this.

White and co need to go.

We would have been better off keeping Hunt.

I actually thought the same thing about Hunt on Sunday night. I felt dirty for thinking it. The truth is, Milford just hasn't risen to the level of player any of us thought he would, especially after his fantastic 2015 form. WTF has happened to him. He was the next coming when we got him from Canberra. Such a disappointment when you look at his past 4 years here.

Last edited:
OMG!!!!!

WHERE ARE THE KNIVES FOR ANDREW MCCULLOUGH. Once again he gets off scott free. MAYBE, if Milford were to recieve nice crisp passes from dummy half instead of slow plodder hospital passes he would play better.

Yes, I know that Milf is the highly paid one, but lets at least give him a suitable dummy half. Look at what Keary and Cronk are getting from Verrills ffs. Just quick clean passes. That's all he need.

I actually thought the same thing about Hunt on Sunday night. I felt dirty for thinking it. The truth is, Milford just hasn't risen to the level of player any of us thought he would, especially after his fantastic 2015 form. WTF has happened to him. He was the next coming when we got him from Canberra. Such a disappointment when you look at his past 4 years here.

Simply put, the club have fucked him. We didn't bother to go looking for a decent fullback and halfback to partner him when we had the chance, so it became an exercise in band aid solutions to stupid problems. He's been moved around more than any other player in the side. Nikorima was never going to be the answer and the club should have known that far earlier.

I also am now a believer that Milford was overpaid way too quickly. You don't give a player 1 million dollars after one good season, unless of course your recruitment and retention department is full of complete hacks.

Last edited:
Anthony Milford can't play 3 positions at once.

He was starting to get his mojo back when Dearden was halfback. That combination needs to continue.

If I were Seibold I'd be asking Milf to his face if he's mentally checked out. Just straight up, you can be polite about it. If he is really that frustrated, he'll react with relief when given the chance to be frank. If he feels a new environment would be the best thing for him then all the best to him.

I don't care how much potential you have, if your head isn't here, then you aren't here. This is a footy club, not a safehouse for troubled teens. We can use his dosh to extend the likes of Fifita and Staggs long term.

Last edited:
Anthony Milford can't play 3 positions at once.

There is a bit of truth in that but ATM he can't play one position at once.
I can't believe how slow he is these days. He go absolutely smashed 3 times on Sunday he was simply too slow on his feet.

There is a bit of truth in that but ATM he can't play one position at once.
I can't believe how slow he is these days. He go absolutely smashed 3 times on Sunday he was simply too slow on his feet.

Having 4-5 hours of sleep after a night out on the pokies will make anyone look and feel sluggish in a high energy game.

I've just spent the past hour smoking pot and day dreaming that I'm apart of the review committee within the club with a tonne of authority.

Boyd - Not even bothering to interview Darius. My only stipulation for being on the committee at all that I won't budge on is Boyd is gone. Not just the captaincy, out of the squad. He could have a solid gold tongue and it wouldn't make a difference. He will have just as much a right as anyone else to earn his way back in, but as of right now, he's done. Accept that or I'll resign and you can find someone who will agree with you. Good luck.

McC - "Andrew, you've played 261 games for the Broncos over the past 10 years, in that time what do you think has been your greatest achievement? And I would like to tell you up front mate, answering with Origin is not going to get you many points, lets me honest. To be frank mate, the club is now in a position where it is forced to ask itself if always average, never exceptional is good enough. If Week 1 of finals was any indication, clearly it isn't anymore. You've got the rest of this meeting to convince me otherwise."

Milf - "Milf, I'm gonna be as blunt as possible with you mate because I feel like we should be treating these meetings with a lot of frankness, given the circumstances. I'll ask you simply: As far as winning a premiership for the Broncos, do you feel you've checked out mentally? Depending on how you answer, we can organize your future right now this afternoon. You'll get your compassionate release, and we'll go our separate ways. If you still want to stick it out, then you need to help us help you get you back to your best, because right now, it isn't good enough for your wage mate, and I feel if you do wish to stick around, it would be a prudent and gracious move on your part to take a pay cut."

TPJ - "I love what you bring big man, but lets be honest, you're getting a bit of a free ride at the moment. You must clean up your game and deliver more consistent performances. Any extended stints on the sideline for incidents on the field next year are going to be frowned upon and eventually actionable."

Shibasaki - "I don't know what to tell you mate, I don't think you're up to it at this level and it will be my view that you be cut from the top 30."

Haas - "Another cocktail, sir?"

Fifita - "Yes certainly one moment, sir."

Turpin - "As far as I'm concerned, the 9 is yours to start the year, but I do have to be up front with you lucky charm, you're slipping into a role that has left a lot to be desired for way too long. It's a lot on the plate, but you'll have every chance to clean it off and make it yours. Work hard, you're gonna need to."

Bird - "You don't want to feel like you're getting a free pass for 2019, do you? Good, that's why you're a leading candidate for the leadership group. If you truly feel like you owe something to the club for all this time off, then get your ass into fullback and prove it."

Dearest Peter Shirley Gertrude Babel,
Thank you so much for your wonderfull recent torrent of sensationalist horse shit journalism. Take your extremely punchable rat face back to the refuse centre and take a long refreshing nap in your faecal trash nest.
You’ve earned it.

Last edited:
I've just spent the past hour smoking pot and day dreaming that I'm apart of the review committee within the club with a tonne of authority.

Boyd - Not even bothering to interview Darius. My only stipulation for being on the committee at all that I won't budge on is Boyd is gone. Not just the captaincy, out of the squad. He could have a solid gold tongue and it wouldn't make a difference. He will have just as much a right as anyone else to earn his way back in, but as of right now, he's done. Accept that or I'll resign and you can find someone who will agree with you. Good luck.

McC - "Andrew, you've played 261 games for the Broncos over the past 10 years, in that time what do you think has been your greatest achievement? And I would like to tell you up front mate, answering with Origin is not going to get you many points, lets me honest. To be frank mate, the club is now in a position where it is forced to ask itself if always average, never exceptional is good enough. If Week 1 of finals was any indication, clearly it isn't anymore. You've got the rest of this meeting to convince me otherwise."

Milf - "Milf, I'm gonna be as blunt as possible with you mate because I feel like we should be treating these meetings with a lot of frankness, given the circumstances. I'll ask you simply: As far as winning a premiership for the Broncos, do you feel you've checked out mentally? Depending on how you answer, we can organize your future right now this afternoon. You'll get your compassionate release, and we'll go our separate ways. If you still want to stick it out, then you need to help us help you get you back to your best, because right now, it isn't good enough for your wage mate, and I feel if you do wish to stick around, it would be a prudent and gracious move on your part to take a pay cut."

TPJ - "I love what you bring big man, but lets be honest, you're getting a bit of a free ride at the moment. You must clean up your game and deliver more consistent performances. Any extended stints on the sideline for incidents on the field next year are going to be frowned upon and eventually actionable."

Shibasaki - "I don't know what to tell you mate, I don't think you're up to it at this level and it will be my view that you be cut from the top 30."

Haas - "Another cocktail, sir?"

Fifita - "Yes certainly one moment, sir."

Turpin - "As far as I'm concerned, the 9 is yours to start the year, but I do have to be up front with you lucky charm, you're slipping into a role that has left a lot to be desired for way too long. It's a lot on the plate, but you'll have every chance to clean it off and make it yours. Work hard, you're gonna need to."

Bird - "You don't want to feel like you're getting a free pass for 2019, do you? Good, that's why you're a leading candidate for the leadership group. If you truly feel like you owe something to the club for all this time off, then get your ass into fullback and prove it."
That’s awesome. Spot on too.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Browny
  • Skyblues87
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Redux
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Porthoz
  • Battler
  • The Don
  • NSW stables
  • Xzei
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.