NEWS Patrick Cardigan is not happy

Former caretaker captain and pin-up model, Patrick Cardigan said:

“It’s pretty clear if you want to be a Bronco, you have to win a footy match. (Kevvie) just addressed everyone and it was quite clear. For some of us, our performances haven’t been up to scratch. Kevvie is a passionate Bronco and he knows what he wants to see in that jersey. He said he hasn’t been seeing that so with that will come changes and I’m fully supportive of Kevvie making those decisions for where we want to go to this season.”

Hs l400

Questionable hands (the sequel)

“I haven’t been that happy with my own performance. I’ve probably drifted away from the standard I was at last year. A good thing for me is that I’ve only had three or four games so far and I know where I want to be. I’ve had chats with Kevvie about what I want to achieve and where he thinks I can get to and he’s the best man to help me improve."

“Individually, I’m not quite happy with where I’m at (but) Thursday is a good opportunity for me to get back with Payne (Haas) and some of the other guys and put in a performance that I’m happy with.”

McHunt

The hype is real. He's the least of our worries. Just the normal ups and downs any player has whilst learning their trade. Believe in the Cardigan.
Pretty much this. I can remember defending Sua , Arrow etc on here, and seeing similar feedback. Now they are both origin performers in a team that is prelim final at worst.

Rather have those 3 than tpj, lodge and haas tbh.

Queenslanders who don't do dumb shit on weekends>>>dickheads who all want a million bucks to be feather dusters and no passion.

Sry some **** has to say it.

Interesting that he specifically references Haas... wonder if he was struggling at the start of the year thinking he had to carry a bit of extra load, considering it was basically only those two that turned up in the whole forward pack

I would still like to see him in the prop rotation instead of the 13, but I think TPJ on an edge meant he was always getting the 13 jersey.

I hope that even though he's wearing the 13, that Asiata ends up playing 50-60mins there and Patty can ease into a 40-50mins spell across the middle rotation

Pretty much this. I can remember defending Sua , Arrow etc on here, and seeing similar feedback. Now they are both origin performers in a team that is prelim final at worst.

Rather have those 3 than tpj, lodge and haas tbh.

Queenslanders who don't do dumb shit on weekends>>>dickheads who all want a million bucks to be feather dusters and no passion.

Sry some **** has to say it.
Sua was always going to be a great player. I was fucking spewing when we let him go...One of those guys that just has presence on the field. I think he might have been a bit relaxed with his rehab because he came back pretty underdone but Seibold could have managed him better instead fucking him around for a few weeks and then fucking him off! He’s got his body right this season and is a wrecking ball!! To have him in our system with Riki, TPJ and Piakura fighting fir a spot would have been awesome.

Is @Wolfie here? Haven’t seen him for a while. Maybe he blocked me. Or maybe he’s gone off cardigan

The hype is real. He's the least of our worries. Just the normal ups and downs any player has whilst learning their trade. Believe in the Cardigan.
Yeah he's got a bit of a second year syndrome happening (i know its not technically his second year, but last year was his breakout).
Lots of players have a dip after their rush to regular first grade becomes "a normal thing". He just needs to keep building on what he is good rather at than try and be something he is not.
He is not a tackling enforcer (though he did use to hit hard enough). He is not a great offloader or passer.
What he is, is a good running prop with a terrific workmate and a very solid defender.
I think trying to be dynamic in his play, perhaps playing heavier.and having perhaps less influence among those around him have had a negative impact on his self-confidence.
He is still a fine player and his work ethic and attention to detail will see him through it. A bloke like webke, in his ear, would be a pretty good place to start, talking him through it all.
I'm not saying he can't add some strings to his bow but people forget he has risen prematurely as a prop turned into a lock and like any young man facing set backs when things stop working, the riled up emotions of youth play upon them. He is more mature than most but he can't change what he is biologically and at that age things like love and disappointment become far more devastating than to someone even 2 or 3 years older.

Yeah he's got a bit of a second year syndrome happening (i know its not technically his second year, but last year was his breakout).
Lots of players have a dip after their rush to regular first grade becomes "a normal thing". He just needs to keep building on what he is good rather at than try and be something he is not.
He is not a tackling enforcer (though he did use to hit hard enough). He is not a great offloader or passer.
What he is, is a good running prop with a terrific workmate and a very solid defender.
I think trying to be dynamic in his play, perhaps playing heavier.and having perhaps less influence among those around him have had a negative impact on his self-confidence.
He is still a fine player and his work ethic and attention to detail will see him through it. A bloke like webke, in his ear, would be a pretty good place to start, talking him through it all.
I'm not saying he can't add some strings to his bow but people forget he has risen prematurely as a prop turned into a lock and like any young man facing set backs when things stop working, the riled up emotions of youth play upon them. He is more mature than most but he can't change what he is biologically and at that age things like love and disappointment become far more devastating than to someone even 2 or 3 years older.

When you watch his interview you can see he clearly isn't happy with himself and his form and isn't trying to make out its good enough. Good thing I thought is he is acknowledging his is probably trying to do too much and he just needs to concentrate on his own job in the team.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Brocko
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Justwin
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Scorchie
  • lynx000
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.