Paul Gallen

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
Was last night's effort from Gallen the best performance of any prop ever at Origin level? I'm not trying to blow his horn, but I honestly can't recall any front rower turning in a performance like that.

Nah, but it was by far the best performance I've seen from Gallen. First time he's lived up to the reputation he seems to have got. Not only did he work hard, but every hit up and every tackle made an impact.

Agreed Cox.

For mine, it's on par with Mat Scott's colossal effort in Game 1.

Coxy said:
Nah, but it was by far the best performance I've seen from Gallen. First time he's lived up to the reputation he seems to have got. Not only did he work hard, but every hit up and every tackle made an impact.

Who's put in a more dominant display in the past?

dukey said:
Coxy said:

Matt Scott was up there in game 1, as Little Pete said.
1998, Game 3, Shane Webcke.
1994, Game 2, Glenn Lazarus. He killed QLD, how they gave MOTM to Harragon I will never know.

That's 2 in the past I believe were better, and one equal.

Backo in 88 was enormous as well.

Civoniceiva in Game 2 2006.

Steve Price 2005 onwards.

Gallen is up there but it's certainly not an undisputed choice for me.

Also Cox, I'd prefer Tired Pete. icon_thumbs_u

I'd prefer Coxy, but you seem to ignore that icon_thumbs_u

He was immense. The performance of the series so far IMO

A very good performance. Definitely in line for the Wally Lewis medal so far.

But the way they're carrying on, you'd think he was the only prop to pull 200m out ina performance: Price pulled numbers similar to that out quite regularly across his career. Maybe not as often at Origin level, but still a worthy contender for best Prop performances.

According to Big League 07

Steve Price's Game 3 2007 Performance was something like...

76 Minutes 24 Runs for 196m 5 Offloads

dukey said:
Coxy said:

If you are meaning from NSW, the answer is noone.

Kaz said:
dukey said:
Coxy said:

If you are meaning from NSW, the answer is noone.

Glenn Lazarus.

Yep. Gallen was friggin awesome too.

He's also dropped a lot of the dirty shit from his game too.

the guy is a machine. to play a full 80mins, make over 230 metres from 25 hitups and get in the 3 offloads he did is incredible. he is one of the best players i have seen, i just hate that hes from nsw

Big Pete said:
According to Big League 07

Steve Price's Game 3 2007 Performance was something like...

76 Minutes 24 Runs for 196m 5 Offloads
In that game we were down to 1 benchie IIRC so he was shouldering a pretty heavy burden too, no-one else to help him.

QUEENSLANDER said:
the guy is a machine. to play a full 80mins, make over 230 metres from 25 hitups and get in the 3 offloads he did is incredible. he is one of the best players i have seen, i just hate that hes from nsw

He's certainly approaching that level now, especially now he's dropped the grubbiness from his game as Nashy said.

I've always been a huge fan of Gallen, he's all heart and he's bloody tough.
NSW would of had no chance of winning yesterday without Gallen, I can't believe there was any argument on who was going to be captain this year, especially the bs about Pearce taking captaincy LOL.

80 minutes at prop with the quality he played with is something i haven't seen in years and years.
Bring Gallen to the Broncos.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • broncoscope
  • Lazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.