Paul Gallen

As great a talent as he is I just don't believe they suit our culture and they're better off staying one club players for the sake of the game.

I'm big on developing our own players and I believe our backrow is great just the way it is.

Besides, wouldn't it be weird to see the NSW captain play for a Qld club side?

He has taken his grubbiness out of the game that is for sure - certainly not like before... it seems lately he has been letting his football do the talking.

Massive game - can't say it has been the most dominate, I've seen Pricey pull similar performances... but best NSW forward performance for a long loooooooong time.

The only thing about Gallen is - you have to know when to step back so you can let the halves play... I dont think that will be a problem for NSW though.

blurch! If I read one more love fest about how wonderful Paul Gallen is and how he is the toughest ever player in the history of the universe I will vomit.

Until this year he was the 2nd biggest grub of all time only after Ben Elias. [icon_shru [icon_non

And he was always a grub, but to his credit he has cleaned up his act in a big way.

mrslong said:
draggx said:
And he was always a grub, but to his credit he has cleaned up his act in a big way.
Indeed. But, the way they're carrying on....

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6085164056

WTF?

That article is ridiculous. They're acting like they have never seen a good prop before. Don't get me wrong, Gallen played awesome in game 2 but ffs, our props have been absolutely dominating for the last couple of years, have they not been watching?

Qld props have been dominating. This is a whole new thing for NSW.

Who was the last good prop for the Blues? Paul Harragon? Glenn Lazarus?

Harragon was an overrated cat.

Luke Bailey was always good I thought - especially earlier on where he was outplaying Webcke.

Consistently great, Lazarus or the Chief who unfortunately suffered the commentator's curse.

Lazarus was a machine. He's the only one that you can really rate along side the big Petero, Webcke & Price.

You couldn't put Gallen in with that class yet imo. His game was outstanding....but he hasn't even won a series yet.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • FACTHUNT
  • Organix
  • broncs30
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Morepudding
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ezpz
  • rj9
  • Alec
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Midean
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.