Paul Green no longer QLD origin coach

good, he's shit.

Queensland are on the lookout for a new coach after Paul Green has dropped a bombshell on the Maroons by quitting as Origin coach.
The Queensland Rugby League will begin a formal search for a new coach following the resignation of Green, who has opted not to seek re-appointment for the 2022 campaign.

Green suffered a drama-charged 2-1 series loss this season, with the Maroons rocked by a number of scandals including the Ronaldo Mulitalo eligibility saga and the Jai Arrow Covid breach affair.

The likes of Wayne Bennett, Mal Meninga, Billy Slater and Cameron Smith are sure to be considered for the coaching post as the Maroons look to reclaim the Origin shield in 2022.

It is understood the QRL wanted greater certainty from its Origin coach and is seeking a longer-term contract than the 12-month deal this season handed to Green, who has aspirations to return to a head-coaching role in the NRL.

“After much consultation and discussion post the Origin series, both the QRL and I have decided to move in different directions,” Green said.

“The basis for this is simple, the QRL wants to ensure that they have certainty around the Origin coach not wanting to pursue an NRL head coach job, and whilst I could give them that certainty for the 2021 series, I cannot guarantee that this would be the case in the future.

“We all understand the dynamics and volatility around NRL club head coach roles and ultimately, that is where I see myself when the right opportunity opens up.

“I agree with the QRL’s desire for stability in the Origin coach job and to that end, I felt compelled to be transparent with my broader plans and thus this decision. I have loved every minute of this job as it is every Queenslander’s dream to coach this team.

Thank god. He just wasn't up to it. I wouldn't be surprised to hear he's Tigers bound. Poor bastards.

If we use the Peter Sterling and co line of thinking(Coates for example) Green is a former SOO coach and I can't believe Queensland would just let him go without a fight.

Wayne would be my guess

He wants to coach the new QLD team though and QRL want a long term commitment which I don’t think Wayne will go for.

QLD fans everywhere

Tumblr f28ee113ae9fe02e412be5ecac651438 500a939f 400

you have to wonder if he's been sounded out for an NRL job.

there were rumours earlier in the year about the Eels sounding him out.

not to mention that Madge is a dead man walking

Shame really for madge,they should be looking at the pea hearts playing for the club

Shame really for madge,they should be looking at the pea hearts playing for the club

wasn't he responsible for those pea hearts being at the club in the first place? he has been there 3 years now, this would be a roster he has largely built

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.