Paul Green no longer QLD origin coach

wasn't he responsible for those pea hearts being at the club in the first place? he has been there 3 years now, this would be a roster he has largely built
He was still saddled with alot of ivans contracts from 2017 for example you have packer sitting there growing mushrooms for 750k a year josh reynolds on big money and un able to keep the stupid shit out of his game.
Those two just there is close to 1.5 million out of your cap right there each year thanks ivan.

He was still saddled with alot of ivans contracts from 2017 for example you have packer sitting there growing mushrooms for 750k a year josh reynolds on big money and un able to keep the stupid shit out of his game.
Those two just there is close to 1.5 million out of your cap right there each year thanks ivan.

The problem is not the money itself, it is the fact they just cannot attract anyone good.

The problem is not the money itself, it is the fact they just cannot attract anyone good.
Kinda need the money to attract the players when you arnt in a position of power unfortunatly.
If i had the time i could likely go through and find more examples of ivans little gifts for the tigers over the last few years but im at work and at the end of the day **** the tigers :)

Kinda need the money to attract the players when you arnt in a position of power unfortunatly.
If i had the time i could likely go through and find more examples of ivans little gifts for the tigers over the last few years but im at work and at the end of the day **** the tigers :)

on 100% footy the panel (mainly Gus and Gal) were saying that one of the Tigers problems is that there is no one in that squad that can attract marquee talent. even if they throw $$$ at these superstar players, they still struggle to get them to sign. and they were right.

lets look at the bottom 4 clubs and all of them have a player/s that can attract 1 or 2 other marquee players, which you can then build from

their example was the Cowboys with Taumalolo and Holmes

the Bulldogs got Burton through their connection with Barrett, and they were able to in turn attract JAC/TPJ

We had Haas, and now we can add Reynolds and Capewell to the list

and the Tigpies really have nobody

Holy shit this is the best news I've read all week.

on 100% footy the panel (mainly Gus and Gal) were saying that one of the Tigers problems is that there is no one in that squad that can attract marquee talent. even if they throw $$$ at these superstar players, they still struggle to get them to sign. and they were right.

lets look at the bottom 4 clubs and all of them have a player/s that can attract 1 or 2 other marquee players, which you can then build from

their example was the Cowboys with Taumalolo and Holmes

the Bulldogs got Burton through their connection with Barrett, and they were able to in turn attract JAC/TPJ

We had Haas, and now we can add Reynolds and Capewell to the list

and the Tigpies really have nobody
Oh i am under no illusion that they dont have the players to attract the quality players,but if you have been hamstrung with shit contracts over the last 3 years it doesnt help your cause when quality players do come up

Will be intersting to see Hasting srole next year

I wouldn't rule Fatty out as a smokey for this role if no other candidates step up.

You don't give up the Queensland job incase you get a club gig. Green already has something in mind I am betting and has already started talks.

You don't give up the Queensland job incase you get a club gig. Green already has something in mind I am betting and has already started talks.

Yep I agree and I would imagine it’s between the Tigers (most likely) and Eels (less likely).

Why are the QRL reportedly handing a 3 year deal to a guy that’s never coached before?

I don’t understand the egerness to throw the keys to Slater when, as far as I know, he hasn’t done it at any level before?

He apparently only wanted a one year deal, which would mean if he had something lined up it would be for 2023.

Bennett has said he's not interested in the job.

Sounds like it's going to be Slater.

Bennett has said he's not interested in the job.

Sounds like it's going to be Slater.

Unless they ask him to do an interview of course. If they do that, he'll tell them to stick it.

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.