Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Paul White puts Broncos on notice
after copping medicine last season

Peter Badel,
The Courier-Mail
November 8, 2019 6:00pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul white is keen to give the same old players another chance of finally getting it all together. There will be no signings or changes to the squad I bet. Oh wait we did bring back his favourite player who has no shoulders.

Paul white is keen to give the same old players another chance of finally getting it all together. There will be no signings or changes to the squad I bet. Oh wait we did bring back his favourite player who has no shoulders.

you realise people have contracts right ... there can't be mass changes

I really hate all this talk from the management about everyone being held accountable.

If they were, some key people associated with the recruitment and retention committee should be on their fucking bikes.

It's textbook deflection when they should be taking ownership and responsibility. They're asking the coach and players to take responsibility yet they are the ones that have created a shit situation with some of these horrendous immovable contracts they've handed out.

I think it's 50/50 whether by 2021 we will start to see some daylight from these horrendous contracts considering Boyd, Macca, Milf and Bird all have player options for 2021... I actually want Milf to stay and think Bird was overpaid with no real plan on where the **** he will actually play.

We all sit and hope that Boyd has this magical 15 game criteria to trigger his next player option... and Macca could just flat out Kahu us with another $400k sitting on the cap next year

Last edited:
Be better guys! (walks away fist pumping and saying to self, 'Nailed it!')
Giphy 11

Be better guys! (walks away fist pumping and saying to self, 'Nailed it!')

Paul White explaining to Seibold how to interact with the media and what to say.

This is bullshit. It’s just more talk after years and years of talk. I thought for sure we’d see some action after that drubbing in the finals, but no... They didn’t sack anyone, we’re likely to field the same crap players (and now with Kahu) and the brilliant minds who paid overs for Boyd, Milford, Kahu, Macca, and Bird are still running the show. I’m finding it hard to find any enthusiasm for next season when so much of last season seems to be carrying over. Yuck.

Sneak peak behind the White - Boyd convo:

$olid $ign of leader$hip for the Bri$bane Bronco$.

Of which he, the board and Bennett generously, graciously and charitably handed out without any regard to the future.

Yes but those contracts don’t say the respective players can’t be dropped. Or do they...?

Yes but those contracts don’t say the respective players can’t be dropped. Or do they...?

we can't drop them outside the top 30 ... meaning we are limited to what moves we can make.

The Broncos were never going to let this play out in the media.

They do what every other company does. They give generic answers and deal with shit behind closed doors.

It's only been a month since the season finished.

The Broncos were never going to let this play out in the media.

They do what every other company does. They give generic answers and deal with shit behind closed doors.

It's only been a month since the season finished.
My issue is why is he even talking.

Peter Badel has clearly been on holidays, because he's all of a sudden put 3 articles out in a day (and there has been nothing from him when NAS was done in Bali), and the quotes from White don't appear to be from previous interviews.. so potentially he's decided to talk to the media on record.

There's also been very little negative pressure on the Broncos from the media in recent times (because Badel has been on holidays and there's like 2 news articles on the front page of BHQ outside of Gillette's retirement)... so there is no real need for the CEO or the board to be talking to the media to clarify anything.

So why has he decided to come out and talk to someone in the media after nothing has happened, promising the same shit and putting the pressure back on the players and coach in the infancy of preseason (the players don't even have a football in hand), when all of the issues with the team seem to be around decisions made by the recruitment and retention team...

Last edited:
My issue is why is he even talking.

Peter Badel has clearly been on holidays, because he's all of a sudden put 3 articles out in a day (and there has been nothing from him when NAS was done in Bali), and the quotes from White don't appear to be from previous interviews.. so potentially he's decided to talk to the media on record.

There's also been very little negative pressure on the Broncos from the media in recent times (because Badel has been on holidays and there's like 2 news articles on the front page of BHQ outside of Gillette's retirement)... so there is no real need for the CEO or the board to be talking to the media to clarify anything.

So why has he decided to come out and talk to someone in the media after nothing has happened, promising the same shit and putting the pressure back on the players and coach in the infancy of preseason (the players don't even have a football in hand), when all of the issues with the team seem to be around decisions made by the recruitment and retention team...
Because he is currently applying for jobs in 2021 and needs to make sure people don’t forget who he is

Active Now

• Galah
  • NSW stables
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.