NEWS Paul White puts Broncos on notice after copping medicine last season

Because he is currently applying for jobs in 2021 and needs to make sure people don’t forget who he is
The CEO doesn't talk to the media on record without the board telling them to first

Because he is currently applying for jobs in 2021 and needs to make sure people don’t forget who he is

he doesn't have to worry about that ...

he'll have plenty of offers due to the state he'll hand over the Broncos football club in (off-field, which is where his KPI's fall)

he'll have plenty of offers due to the state he'll hand over the Broncos football club in (off-field, which is where his KPI's fall)
Exactly.

I’ve said it before, White would walk into any similar chief administration job in Australian sport.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if the Roosters went after him to take over from Politis.

People can hate on White all they like, but the KPI’s he’s actually measured on are the ones the club is smashing out of the park.

I didn’t read the article, but how the **** is anyone meant to take this bloke seriously when he’s fucking off in 12 months. Just leave you fucking hack
And yet, if he didn't come out and say anything he'd be hung out to dry as well [emoji2955]

At the end of the day, all this 'talk' going on amounts to nothing. Results in 2020 is all that matters isn't it ?

Im sorry but I think some on here are giving White way to much credit, let’s be honest what’s he done that most couldn’t do running the biggest leagues club in the world.

He’s been handed they keys to a world championship winning Ferrari.

We currently have and had prior to him taking over:
- the largest memberships
- massive corporate support
- huge tv appeal/audience

On his watch he’s
- No premierships
- over paid long term contracts
- the worst finals loss in history
- the worst rooster we’ve EVER had

Not much of a positive legacy here

Im sorry but I think some on here are giving White way to much credit, let’s be honest what’s he done that most couldn’t do running the biggest leagues club in the world.

On his watch he’s
- No premierships

And he had the hide to give himself an extension at the end of the season, after our worst ever loss. Before the review had been done.

Last edited:

On his watch he’s
- No premierships

Why is the rooster so bad, does he crow too early, too late, not at all? Or does he attack the players at training?

And yet, if he didn't come out and say anything he'd be hung out to dry as well [emoji2955]

At the end of the day, all this 'talk' going on amounts to nothing. Results in 2020 is all that matters isn't it ?
He should leave now. No statements, no spin, no horse shit.

And he had the hide to give himself an extension at the end of the season, after our worst ever loss. Before the review had been done.
You really do not know how big companies operate do you? The CEO does not give himself an extension, that is a board decision.

You only want that because he sacked your god.

I don’t see the point in him hanging around collecting more than most players when we know he’s leaving. Just rip the bandaid off.

sacking Bennett is only one enormous **** up in a seemingly endless string of **** ups. I don’t care how we’re going off the field, parachute me into that job and I’d be a success.

On his watch he’s
- No premierships

I disagree. That would be Martin Kennedy.

Exactly.

I’ve said it before, White would walk into any similar chief administration job in Australian sport.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if the Roosters went after him to take over from Politis.

People can hate on White all they like, but the KPI’s he’s actually measured on are the ones the club is smashing out of the park.
Curious about the Broncs financial performance as I don't follow this at all. Did a quick google and it does seem promising, hard to know for certain as they would appear to have massive starting advantages over most other clubs, at least they have cash in the bank and are profitable.

Looking at the way the onfield and off field playing team and coaching performances have be going in recent years I am reminded of the Peter Lynch wisdom that 'You should only invest in companies so good than any idiot could run them, as sooner or later one will'

From all that I have read about amazing sport franchises and their sporting success you do need a solid back office. You also need an excellent culture that everyone buys in to and also an excellent coach and leader who has responsibility and ownership of team direction, the Broncs look to be lacking in these last 2 items. More of the same onfield for 2020 is the forecast.

Last edited:
You really do not know how big companies operate do you? The CEO does not give himself an extension, that is a board decision.
Yes!

The post you quoted only highlights the ignorance of some comments on here (and there have been several).

White is not the judge, jury and executioner.

No CEO (or similar) has control, outside of doing their job well and meeting their KPI’s, in whether or not their contract is extended.
[automerge]1573258649[/automerge]
I don’t see the point in him hanging around collecting more than most players when we know he’s leaving. Just rip the bandaid off.

sacking Bennett is only one enormous **** up in a seemingly endless string of **** ups. I don’t care how we’re going off the field, parachute me into that job and I’d be a success.
You can’t even present an unbiased, balanced perspective on an internet forum.

You’d be chewed up and spat out within minutes in a room full of executives. But certainly not for a lack of arrogance.

Last edited:

My grandma could run this club and gain a profit. She also wouldn’t have fucked the club in every other way

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.