RUMOUR Payne Haas 10yrs

Corey Parker represented himself and took unders his whole career for the good of the club. He made a fucking good living and had a hell of a career.

Reading this and remembering articles about Lockyer's last contract where he too negotiated with the club as he did not wish to play beyond his use-by date or handicap the Broncos.

Champions who won premierships...LOVED THE CLUB and took unders, makes me sad 😭 😭

I often wonder why they use managers they just have to pay them a cut anyway! Surely they know what they’re worth and everyone wins club gets a better deal and you make more money….instead everyone just gets agitated because managers are scum and drive prices up with sneaky tactics.

Payne didn't look too happy.
Certainly doesn't seem happy that TPJ was let go.
A lot of talk about NRL being a business.

Worrying.
He looks like a guy who’s a bit over it.

Milf
Coates
TPJ
Fifita
Niu
Lodge
Dearden

Are all good friends of his that have been pushed out pretty unceremoniously (deserved or not). Losing every week despite being one of the best players in the comp. Spud Walters as his coach - while his mates are getting to work with Belly, Cleary/Ciraldo, Holbrook.

The club showing no respect for contracts but then asking Payne to be loyal and respect his contract.

I’d be pretty off it too to be fair. Hopefully there are some good personalities in the team next year that will make him feel more loyalty and happiness. A far improved win rate. Might be enough to hold on to him.

if he was off contract next year there’s no way we’d keep him come November.

Milf
Coates
TPJ
Fifita
Niu
Lodge
Dearden

Are all good friends of his that have been pushed out pretty unceremoniously (deserved or not). Losing every week despite being one of the best players in the comp. Spud Walters as his coach - while his mates are getting to work with Belly, Cleary/Ciraldo, Holbrook.

The club showing no respect for contracts but then asking Payne to be loyal and respect his contract.

I’d be pretty off it too to be fair. Hopefully there are some good personalities in the team next year that will make him feel more loyalty and happiness. A far improved win rate. Might be enough to hold on to him.

and the media brought up most of those guys many times in order to upset him (maybe even to drive a wedge between him and the club, who knows) ... especially TPJ. i lost count of the amount of times they asked about him leaving

the only role the board will have is to approve/deny the request ... all the negotiations will be done through DD/Ikin
Then the board have a 50% chance of making the right call.

and the media brought up most of those guys many times in order to upset him (maybe even to drive a wedge between him and the club, who knows) ... especially TPJ. i lost count of the amount of times they asked about him leaving
Yeah defiantly tried to bait a story out of him. He played it smart

Milf
Coates
TPJ
Fifita
Niu
Lodge
Dearden

Hey @theshed
That list isn't really accurate though in terms of players being pushed out

Milf - will see out his full contract
Coates - has chosen to leave
TPJ
Fifita - has chosen to leave
Niu - hasn't left
Lodge
Dearden - chose to leave (may not have received an offer but was touring Cowboys facility way before)

It's only Lodge and TPJ

So much salt in this thread. Try and have some positivity?

season 13 GIF

Hey @theshed
That list isn't really accurate though in terms of players being pushed out

Milf - will see out his full contract
Coates - has chosen to leave
TPJ
Fifita - has chosen to leave
Niu - hasn't left
Lodge
Dearden - chose to leave (may not have received an offer but was touring Cowboys facility way before)

It's only Lodge and TPJ
I meant more from his perspective. Milf has been dropped and told he’s not wanted, Dearden was very poorly handled, Coates dropped.

I meant more from his perspective. Milf has been dropped and told he’s not wanted, Dearden was very poorly handled, Coates dropped.
Dearden wasnt poorly handled. He didnt get a contract because he couldnt wait for the new CEO to start.

It was his choice to rush out and sign the first thing anyone put in his face. Probably because the longer he stayed in first grade the more everyone would realise hes not worth handing a contract to.

Dearden wasnt poorly handled. He didnt get a contract because he couldnt wait for the new CEO to start.

It was his choice to rush out and sign the first thing anyone put in his face. Probably because the longer he stayed in first grade the more everyone would realise hes not worth handing a contract to.
Not his contract his career. Seibold threw him to the wolves too early and Kev couldn’t make up his mind with pointless chopping and changing. Completely mismanaged

Not his contract his career. Seibold threw him to the wolves too early and Kev couldn’t make up his mind with pointless chopping and changing. Completely mismanaged
Ahh ok. My mistake. I was just going by your original comment which spoke to his list of mates being pushed out.

But! My point still stands.

And I honestly cant remember too much of the seibold days. Seems like soo many loses ago that they all just mush together. If you told me that every game from 2018 finals onwards ended in a 46-6 loss i would believe you.

The Rorters will end up getting him, you watch. The media will be wanking themselves silly over the glorious narrative of a NSW superstar returning to play for a NSW club and we will be torched once again for losing an elite player regardless of what the contract ends up being.

the only role the board will have is to approve/deny the request ... all the negotiations will be done through DD/Ikin
The board would not be involved in signing off on this, that really only falls to the CEO.

It's the board's job to evaluate the performance of the executive staff, answer to shareholders and ensure the company complies with it's ASIC obligations. They have no formal role in approving playing contracts no matter how big they are.

The board would not be involved in signing off on this, that really only falls to the CEO.

It's the board's job to evaluate the performance of the executive staff, answer to shareholders and ensure the company complies with it's ASIC obligations. They have no formal role in approving playing contracts no matter how big they are.
The board would have the verbal guidance on this sort of deal as its such a large and extra ordinary contract. The guidance would be on financials, risk, budget scope etc.

Ikin has already said this deal will need to go to the board to be signed off on ... are you calling Ikin a liar

Ikin has already said this deal will need to go to the board to be signed off on ... are you calling Ikin a liar
Thats right. It is going to the board and obviously the media are looking to agitate for their paying interests. There is no doubt that individuals in the media are paid operatives, receiving brown paper bags to push a narrative. We can all bet the clubs pushing to upset Payne and be the one to receive him with open arms, on unders no less.

The NRL needs to enforce the cap and set Paynes market value at what it is 800k at the least. Because if he leaves us with years left on his contract it a blight on the game. How can a bottom dwelling club pick themselves up if they cant even negotiate with their star players years before there off contract without the media agitating for other clubs interests and claiming other clubs have money ect for him, its despicable.

Thats right. It is going to the board and obviously the media are looking to agitate for their paying interests. There is no doubt that individuals in the media are paid operatives, receiving brown paper bags to push a narrative. We can all bet the clubs pushing to upset Payne and be the one to receive him with open arms, on unders no less.

The NRL needs to enforce the cap and set Paynes market value at what it is 800k at the least. Because if he leaves us with years left on his contract it a blight on the game. How can a bottom dwelling club pick themselves up if they cant even negotiate with their star players years before there off contract without the media agitating for other clubs interests and claiming other clubs have money ect for him, its despicable.

Welcome to the NRL, where generating grabs, talking points and headline circle jerks is more important than the integrity of the game.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.