PLAYER Payne Haas Discussion

You serious?

Yes. Not sure what angle you are trying to take here but if you are taking the 'that's racist' one I can assure you that's not whats intended. The comparison was purely to do with his head shape and nothing to do with the colour of his skin. If he was any other colour I would be saying the same thing.

It's actually pretty sad that I have to clarify that in this politically correct world we live in.

Last edited:
Yes. Not sure what angle you are trying to take here but if you are taking the 'that's racist' one I can assure you that's not whats intended. The comparison was purely to do with his head shape and nothing to do with the colour of his skin. If he was any other colour I would be saying the same thing.

It's actually pretty sad that I have to clarify that in this politically correct world we live in.

A pretty safe rule is to not compare people to apes. Even if you didn’t mean it as racism, it is.

A pretty safe rule is to not compare people to apes. Even if you didn’t mean it as racism, it is.

Unfortunately how other people interpret what I'm trying to say is out of my control. And probably not something to be concerned about.

....Uhhh, I have some bad news for you buddy.

It's actually pretty sad that I have to close arify that in this politically correct world we live in.

Whatever you say, bud.

tbh I never even knew ape was a racist term until the Adam Goodes thing.

Yes calling a person an ape isn’t the smartest thing but, I don’t think he was saying it intentionally to be racist. Tongue and cheek fellas

Last edited:
Unfortunately how other people interpret what I'm trying to say is out of my control. And probably not something to be concerned about.

I’m no SJW, and I’m not really offended by it, but just letting you know that people will be. If you say something in the future you’ll get called out on it again. I know you didn’t mean anything by it, but it’s not just today’s snow flakes that choose to get offended by it. Comparing people of colour to monkeys has been a way of denigrating them for a long time which is why it’s not accepted today.

Whatever you say, bud.

Yeah I'm not sure why I would start a thread praising a bloke when I am harbouring racist thoughts regarding him. You are entitled to believe whatever you like but mate.
[automerge]1558155653[/automerge]
I’m no SJW, and I’m not really offended by it, but just letting you know that people will be. If you say something in the future you’ll get called out on it again. I know you didn’t mean anything by it, but it’s not just today’s snow flakes that choose to get offended by it. Comparing people of colour to monkeys has been a way of denigrating them for a long time which is why it’s not accepted today.

Whilst I think some people are incredibly precious I do understand where you are coming from.

Apologies to Payne Haas and anyone else I may have offended.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not sure why I would start a thread praising a bloke when I am harbouring racist thoughts regarding him. You are entitled to believe whatever you like but mate.

With the extremely well documented historical use of ape comparisons as racial denigration, the very recent controversies of “ape” comparisons in Australian sport, and the not-so-subtle racial undertones of the King Kong character, my original reply “you serious?” wasn’t necessarily suggesting that you are racist. It was more the fact that you couldn’t understand why others hadn’t already made King King comparisons. The level of ignorance to wonder why no one else was dumb enough to make similar comments is incredible. No one else has made similar comments because most people are aware of the very obvious racial insensitivity.

And the argument that you praised his sporting ability and therefor can’t be racist is another glaring example of how clueless you actually are. Ironically the King Kong story line is literally about a powerful “savage” that gets dragged into white society and marched out before crowds of whites to gawk in awe of his size and strength. And despite his sympathetic qualities, he is never viewed as anything but an ape who exists solely for their entertainment. How fitting.

From now on Payne is to be known as Mr. X

Last edited:

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Morkel
  • Organix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • Fatboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • bazza
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.