VOTE PAYNE HAAS is BHQ Player of Round 16

Who is your player of the round? (Pick 3)

• Corey Oates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jamayne Isaako

• Brodie Croft

• Alex Glenn

• TC Robati

• Kobe Hetherington

• Cory Paix

• Jesse Arthars

• Jordan Riki (reserve)

• Xavier Willison (reserve)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Pick your three best players from Sunday afternoon's match against the Cronulla Sharks and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes on Wednesday.

Note: donkey votes will not be counted.

Congratulations to Dave Donaghy, MVP of Round Fifteen.

BHQ Best 15

LEADERBOARD

Tevita Pangai Junior363
Payne Haas343
Matthew Lodge203
Herbie Farnworth190
Jamayne Isaako182
Jake Turpin102
David Mead92
Tyson Gamble82
Xavier Coates78
TC Robati68
Tesi Niu67
Albert Kelly63
Anthony Milford62
Jordan Riki59
Corey Oates57
Brodie Croft28
Rhys Kennedy25
Selwyn Cobbo21
Kobe Hetherington19
Tom Dearden18
John Asiata17
Thomas Flegler15
Jesse Arthars12
Ethan Bullemor11
Cory Paix11
Ben Te'o7
Patrick Carrigan6
Alex Glenn3
Richard Kennar2
Danny Levi2
Dale Copley2
Keenan Palasia2
Karmichael Hunt1

Haas.
Nui.
Staggs.

edit: special mention to Gamble, Kobe and Glenn and Herbie.

How good is to have Staggs make it through the game no dramas. He looked fucking excellent, fast and fit like he never missed a beat.

Thank you Vlandys for making sure he was fully recovered with the 2 week enforced rest.

Haas, Staggs and Gamble

Haas and Niu are the obvious ones. Turps was excellent aside from when he got stripped. Likewise Hetherington.

Tough this week, it was a real team effort. I chose:

Haas
Turpin
Staggs

But Kennedy, Niu, Bullemor, Gamble, heck nearly everyone put in. Even Croft looked like he was playing for his life. Proud of this team.

haas staggs niu, but everyone deserves a vote.

I noticed turpin showing a little more deception at dummy half today; looking one way and going the other, shaping to throw inside balls but going outside, drawing the markers etc. We looked a much better team for it. It meant our forwards were not being picked off by the markers and gave room for the halves.

I really like how direct gamble plays, it forces our players to run onto the ball.

Just very simple things that make a significant difference in our performances.

I noticed turpin showing a little more deception at dummy half today; looking one way and going the other, shaping to throw inside balls but going outside, drawing the markers etc. We looked a much better team for it. It meant our forwards were not being picked off by the markers and gave room for the halves.

I really like how direct gamble plays, it forces our players to run onto the ball.

Just very simple things that make a significant difference in our performances.
We did go the blind side a fair bit which was nice to see.

I really wish we would go the blind side on get out sets.

There are play the balls inside your own 10-20m line where the defence absolutely loads up on the first receiver, but the smart play is for the dummy half to dummy and then go down the blind.

It's almost always a 1v1 against the first marker, but only if they don't fall for the dummy. If the markers go the wrong way it's an easy 10m, likely quick ptb and suddenly you have a roll on instead of getting belted inside your own 20m for 3-4 tackles.

Kennedy did it numerous times to us today and is something the storm and roosters look to do.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Tim K
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.