VOTE PAYNE HAAS IS BHQ Player of Round 5

Who is your player of the Round (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Pick your three best players from Thursday night's match against the South Sydney Rabbitohs and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes on Tuesday night.

Congratulations to Payne Haas, winner of Round Four. Well played!

BHQ Best 4

BHQ Best 3
HBHQ Best 2a
BHQ Best Round one

LEADERBOARD

Herbie Farnworth126
Jamayne Isaako86
Jake Turpin78
Tevita Pangai Junior63
Xavier Coates58
David Mead54
Jordan Riki54
Anthony Milford50
Payne Haas43
Tesi Niu34
Tom Dearden12
Matthew Lodge10
Rhys Kennedy6
Patrick Carrigan4
Ethan Bullemor4
Ben Te'o4
Brodie Croft2
John Asiata2
Alex Glenn1
Thomas Flegler0

Most of the starting forwards all did well tonight. That is all...

It's hard to award 3.

Haas 3
Lodge 2 - Because he wasn't shit
Isaako 1 - Someone has to get the third point I guess.

Haas 3
Kennar 2 (Because he was rubbish but not as rubbish as I thought he would be)
Asiata 1 (I remember him doing something that looked almost ok)

Hass, Isaako, Asiata

Teo ran well tonight. Always looked safe and got some quick play the balls but we did **** all off his efforts.

3-Haas: Easily our best all night... will runaway with the BHQ player of the year at this rate

2-Isaako: Our best spine player and best back on the night. Was safe as houses under the bomb. Couple of shit kicks, but that's not his job to begin with.

1-TPJ: Strong first half, but then didn't see him again for fucking ages. What happened to the 3 stints?? He could've easily come onto the field for a stint just after half time when it was Flegler, Teo and Asiata, and then come back off when Haas was due back on.

3. Haas - great go forward, every team would love to have this guy in their engine room. Add an offload and abit more uumpff and he runs through half the opposing team.
2. Isaako - played angry and ran the ball back with vigour. The old Jamayne would have let in 2-3 tries, terrific positional play to diffuse Souths kicks.
1. Lodge & TPJ - wish I was the half/hooker on the back of these guys (with Haas) powerful runs. Clear as day now, the forwards are not the problem.

Edit: tempted to give Isaako the 3, he dosen't break that tackle and score...we get a big fuckin ZERO

Pretty tough to pick 3.

3 - Haas pretty clearly our best, and I don't recall any bad defensive misses

2 - Turpin again really strong defensively, 56 tackles and only 1 miss, but while he keeps making 50+ tackles he isn't going to be able to offer much in attack. Needs to do more kicking and put away that long loopy pass.

1 - Lodge - Had a poor opening but had a really strong 10min period, and the rest of the team sucked that much it earns him a point.

Isaako, Dearden and TPJ all had good moments, but matched them with some absolute rubbish.

3- If Haas doesn’t win this for the whole season, someone else is going to play out of their skin.
2- Isaako. How good is it to have someone so reliable under the high ball? He is a good player, I’d love to see him in the centres with a quality fullback leading the way.
1 - TPJ. Did everything he could to get suspended tonight. Was just lucky he didn’t connect with his ‘frustration’ plays.

Haas is carrying this team on his back. Gee that sounds familiar. He will be burnt out by Round 15.

3. Haas - great go forward, every team would love to have this guy in their engine room. Add an offload and abit more uumpff and he runs through half the opposing team.
2. Isaako - played angry and ran the ball back with vigour. The old Jamayne would have let in 2-3 tries, terrific positional play to diffuse Souths kicks.
1. Lodge & TPJ - wish I was the half/hooker on the back of these guys (with Haas) powerful runs. Clear as day now, the forwards are not the problem.

Edit: tempted to give Isaako the 3, he dosen't break that tackle and score...we get a big fuckin ZERO
Scratch that our starting middle forwards and Asiata aren’t the problem... Riki needs a little more consistency but it’s his 10th game and Glenn just needs to **** off he does **** all... Flegler is the biggest fucking liability on this team and does not deserve the money he is on and Carrigan needs a Stint in q-cup and he’ll probably join that not the problem group

I think:
3. Haas - not even close, puts in so much effort, would still love an offload and passing game to be added on tho
2. Isaako - he’s played well a few times now but still I think we need a new fullback maybe a wing spot is open for him if he wants
1. Lodge, Pangai & Asiata: as well as haas they are a rock to the team, with these 4 you can rely on them time after time and again they all chipped in, in their own different ways

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.