VOTE PAYNE HAAS IS BHQ Player of Round 5

Who is your player of the Round (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scratch that our starting middle forwards and Asiata aren’t the problem... Riki needs a little more consistency but it’s his 10th game and Glenn just needs to **** off he does **** all... Flegler is the biggest fucking liability on this team and does not deserve the money he is on and Carrigan needs a Stint in q-cup and he’ll probably join that not the problem group
Yep you're right. Don't need Carrigan anymore, he is surplus. Lexxie has to be there by default and Teo has not been bad so far. Riki prob needs a rest off the bench/ISC for Bully or Piakura to come in to keep spots competitive amongst the young-uns

Well after this game and it changes from week to week the side we are running out next year would be:
1. (Hynes)/Farnworth
2. Coates
3. Farnworth/(Opacic)/(**dependent on resignings** GAGAI)
4. Niu
5. Oates/Isaako/Cobbo/(?)
6. Staggs
7. (Reynolds)
8. Haas
9. (Starling)/(I don’t know somebody new)
10. Lodge
11. Pangai Jnr/Piakura
12. Riki
13. Asiata/ Pangai Jnr
14. Turpin
15. Piakura/Asiata/Pangai Jnr
16. Carrigan
17. Kennedy

18th Man: Bullemor

Spine needs a definite shake up, I’m at the stage where it’s **** Tom he can leave, **** Milford, respect Isaakos effort tonight but **** him at fullback and definitely **** Turpin as starting hooker (don’t mind him on the bench, good defensively and could play lock or even halves if needed be). I think signings wise it’s the same things we have discussed

Let me know if you think any differently

Well after this game and it changes from week to week the side we are running out next year would be:
1. (Hynes)/Farnworth
2. Coates
3. Farnworth/(Opacic)/(**dependent on resignings** GAGAI)
4. Niu
5. Oates/Isaako/Cobbo/(?)
6. Staggs
7. (Reynolds)
8. Haas
9. (Starling)/(I don’t know somebody new)
10. Lodge
11. Pangai Jnr/Piakura
12. Riki
13. Asiata/ Pangai Jnr
14. Turpin
15. Piakura/Asiata/Pangai Jnr
16. Carrigan
17. Kennedy

18th Man: Bullemor

Spine needs a definite shake up, I’m at the stage where it’s **** Tom he can leave, **** Milford, respect Isaakos effort tonight but **** him at fullback and definitely **** Turpin as starting hooker (don’t mind him on the bench, good defensively and could play lock or even halves if needed be). I think signings wise it’s the same things we have discussed

Let me know if you think any differently
You suggest starting Starling at 9, who's best game is coming on and causing an impact, and playing Turpin 14 where his best assets are great defence and crisp service...Yeah you thought that through.

Niu isn't a first grader, I don't think he ever will be.

Best use of Flegler is to start him. Get his timing right early. We need two functioning high rate props on at all times or certainly until the game is busted open our way late in the match.

I know I say it a lot but we have to have two forwards available in every set to run hard. I know we had Riki, Coates, Nui, Mead and Kennar making early hitups but we had sets when that's just about all we had, no forwards in place after the kick through.

That period, after one of our back three fields the ball needs work. Two things, our on field general needs toquickly get those two big forwards back onside and secondly, we should give them more time to start the territory battle.

We're expecting and getting too much hitup grunt work from the guys least qualified and later on their attacking prowess is depleted from getting bashed. Smarter control at a reduced pace. Better timing. Right guys doing the hard stuff.

Turpin does not provide crisp service.
Not even close.

He's a terrific competitor and I admire how much he's squeezing out of the comparatively limited talent he does have because he plays miles above his weight, but he's honestly probably not even in the top half of Dummy Halves in the competition and until we significantly improve this position I'd suggest we're going to be firmly rooted to the bottom 8.

Turpin does not provide crisp service.
Yeah, he does. Constantly hitting in front of his target and on the chest. Definitely needs to work on his long ball and pass selection, but in our spine Turpin is the least of our worries.

Yep you're right. Don't need Carrigan anymore, he is surplus. Lexxie has to be there by default and Teo has not been bad so far. Riki prob needs a rest off the bench/ISC for Bully or Piakura to come in to keep spots competitive amongst the young-uns

I’m not sure how you can watch what happened when TPJ, Haas, and Lodge were off the field and think Carrigan is surplus. Croft, Flegler, and Teo should be dropped for Carrigan, Kennedy, and Bullimore.

Yeah, he does. Constantly hitting in front of his target and on the chest. Definitely needs to work on his long ball and pass selection, but in our spine Turpin is the least of our worries.

I'm pulling my head in over Turps and Isaako. It's the inexperience in the spine that is at the heart of our woes. And the lack of a genuine leader. We really only have 1 experienced playmaker. No team gets by on that, with a rookie 1, 7 and 9.

Put Glenn on the bench, make Asiata captain and start him when he is needed most

You suggest starting Starling at 9, who's best game is coming on and causing an impact, and playing Turpin 14 where his best assets are great defence and crisp service...Yeah you thought that through.

Niu isn't a first grader, I don't think he ever will be.
Crisp service? Take the blinkers off.

These are literally things he doesn’t do!

Didn't you notice how many times Dearden was catching the ball above his head? Awful service from Turpin last night. Also took too long to pass to forwards who were actually running hard and fast.

Didn't you notice how many times Dearden was catching the ball above his head? Awful service from Turpin last night. Also took too long to pass to forwards who were actually running hard and fast.

What happens when you're pressured by a rushing defence. It's no one player that's at fault here. This is all on the club.

How many times did a player run in support of Haas when he got the ball?

Zero. Big problem, or rather, one symptom of a much bigger problem.

What happens when you're pressured by a rushing defence. It's no one player that's at fault here. This is all on the club.

In the instances I remember, the defence wasn't quite rushing. Had plenty of time, but Dearden had to sacrifice pace to catch the ball above his head which had a flow on effect to the rest of the play. It happened a few times when we actually had a few tackles and were close to the Rabbits try line.

How many times did a player run in support of Haas when he got the ball?

Zero. Big problem, or rather, one symptom of a much bigger problem.

No one supports anyone. It's like each and every one of them is indicating 'that's not my job'. My thoughts last night were these blokes are like boring robots. I think they are trying to stick to what is being drilled into them ie, keep it simple, at the expense of what should be obvious and instinctual - follow the ball, support the runner in attack.

In the instances I remember, the defence wasn't quite rushing. Had plenty of time, but Dearden had to sacrifice pace to catch the ball above his head which had a flow on effect to the rest of the play. It happened a few times when we actually had a few tackles and were close to the Rabbits try line.

No one supports anyone. It's like each and every one of them is indicating 'that's not my job'. My thoughts last night were these blokes are like boring robots. I think they are trying to stick to what is being drilled into them ie, keep it simple, at the expense of what should be obvious and instinctual - follow the ball, support the runner in attack.

I think you are being too harsh. These kids are in no way ready to take on quality like Souths. They were gone in terms of confidence and composure after about 20 minutes into the game.

You are right that he is the least of the worries in the spine, however that is like saying that smaller hole in the Titanic is the least of our worries compared to that much bigger one over there. They are all problems and all need to be replaced / fixed.

I think you are being too harsh. These kids are in no way ready to take on quality like Souths. They were gone in terms of confidence and composure after about 20 minutes into the game.

There was a very encouraging comeback though prior to half time. Then they let that lazy try in and the field goal and there was no coming back from that.

Turpin, Dearden and Milford should be going themselves at least once every time we are close to an opponents try line. Turpin probably could have got over last night but just kept shuffling the ball one out. I thought he was okay in defence, big Macca numbers but at the expense of his attack and service, which was ordinary.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Fitzy
  • Stix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.