NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

He's classily saying Haas's manager is a moron.
That’s how I took it

i might do it differently to Dave Donaghy and Payne’s agents might do it differently to some competent agents

that Weidler piece is comical .. So the Broncos should agree to Haas’ request for a performance clause that, each September, has the potential to leave the club with a $1million hole in their salary cap for the following season?? Come on now. Good clubs aren’t held to ransom like that.
We all know the Weidler is Nassar’s mouthpiece so the club should call their bluff and tell them that we will put in those clauses but will need to leave the money as he is currently paid to cover ourselves. Surely that won’t be an issue as this isn’t about the money…

This is exactly what’s happening. Payne would have been on the phone to them saying you told me everyone would be on my side so now they are scrambling to try to invent other issues and Weidler is their puppet. Give it a few days and if the narrative still isn’t their we will get the race/religion card.

If that happenes we should just cut our ties with him. We have been nothing but supportive with him even when he was being a complete tool.

Agreed that the excuses are coming in thick and fast as this whole saga has backfired hugely on the Haas camp.
However, the club should genuinely be looking at putting in an off field clause if any new contract. is agreed/signed.
How many weeks has this bloke cost us in the last 3/4yrs due to his many off field incidents? If they want a performance clause (which is laughable) it is only fair the club put in some off field clauses.
I'd start with docking a % of his wage at every incident in which he brings the club into disrepute.
See how much he likes clauses from there..

The bloke in the "advertisement" cannot seriously think anyone with any sort of level of respect for themselves would watch that and think "oh my god, get me a pen"..

He looks so unco in everything, the way he talks, his body language.. at least pay someone who doesn't look like they have the intellectual capacity of a synthetic pot plant

The bloke in the "advertisement" cannot seriously think anyone with any sort of level of respect for themselves would watch that and think "oh my god, get me a pen"..

He looks so unco in everything, the way he talks, his body language.. at least pay someone who doesn't look like they have the intellectual capacity of a synthetic pot plant

He's a stooge for Nasser. Consider the IQ of the people who they target, they are young, dumb, impressionable, and more often than not have landed in a bit of trouble so are vulnerable.

It's like the Nigerian Prince emails, with the spelling mistakes. If you're not fooled by them and can spot it at ridiculous, you're not their intended target.

How would you rather spend $1.2 million?

1. Payne Haas

2. Damien Cook ($700k) + Victor Radley ($500k)
We already have a suspension magnet in flegs, don't need another in radley. Would sign him 20 years ago tho.

Shame on you, how dare you attack synthetic pot plants.

Who the **** does he think he is? No club is giving him $1.2m with ridiculous performance clauses. The entitlement is unbelievable, he wants everything on his terms, in his favour. Why would the club even want an extension at this point?

DD should tell his manager that contract talks are now ceased and we no longer want him beyond 2024. If Haas doesn’t perform or his management play more games it’s only going to hurt him because he will be playing qcup.

So, according to Weidler, it’s not about the cash at all.

Haas wants to be able to get out of his deal if they don’t make the top eight in year one of his new deal, or in year two if they don’t make the top six, and in year three if they don’t make the top four.

He goes on with more drivel about how the Broncos should kowtow to him but I won’t bother.
Does anyone have the article for this? That is an insane request.

We already have a suspension magnet in flegs, don't need another in radley. Would sign him 20 years ago tho.
Well I don't mean literally these two. But this should give you an idea of how far $1.2 million goes. It buys you an elite playmaking 9 and an Origin contender lock.

We already have enough props without Payne, and a couple more on their way up in the lower grades. We really don't need him. And if we were to keep him, he's worth $700k and that's being generous.

The only positions we're weak in today is 9 and 6/7. We need elite experience there for 1-2 seasons.

1. Te Maire - good enough. And if not, Selwyn looms.
2. Corey - elite. Good for at least another season.
3. Kotoni - elite.
4. Herbie - solid. Good for another season at least. Deine Mariner awaits.
5. Selwyn - elite. If he takes fullback, we have options. See above.
6. Tyson - decent stopgap. Ezra by season end, which will add pressure to Adam, but so be it.
7. Adam - elite, but aging. Could become a problem if we don't have a game managing 6/7 to partner Ezra. Tyson is good enough to cover injury, but not replace him.
13. Patty - borderline elite.
9. Cory/Billy/Jake - serviceable only. We only need one of them, and we only need them as depth.
8, 10, 11, 12 - embarrassment of riches under Kurt Capewell's leadership. Least of our problems. At least one is elite, and at least another is borderline elite. Jordan and TC need to lift, which they will.
14 - the sooner Blake Mozer can fill in for 10-15 minutes, the sooner we move towards our premiership.

Kevvie's done the right thing by his son. He's proven he's up to NRL standard. He can honestly share the credit for helping lift the team from wooden spooners to top 4. But he's served his role, padded his resume, and it's time to move on. He needs to get on the phone to the Catalans and pulls some strings.

Paix was the hooker we needed, but he's not the hooker we need, and even if we get the hooker we need none of our 9/14's can bring the energy we want off the bench. We'd be better off with Granville, who is a genuine nuisance in that role. Mozer should be on the bench learning the ropes, if nothing else. He will be our 9.

We only need one of Albert/Tyson. Tyson has won that one. If he wants to stay on a depth player's wage, we should keep him around.

If we wants to be the highest paid prop because he is (in his management's opinion) the best in the league, I wonder if they are so confident in that rationale that if he is not the best performing middle forward In the league for that round he gets paid less (and gets paid comparable to that of a middle forward that performed similarly, so example he did not play as well as sailii havili (souths reserve who scored a try, ran more metres and made more tackles in less minutes)) this week, so he should get paid less than havilli is on.). Also, if he is injured or suspended as he does not contribute that week he does not get paid that week?

That seems to align with their justification. I wonder if they are agreeable as it only seems fair.

If this is true, he needs to be moved on. His head has got too big. Be hilarious if he ends up at the Dogs.

Gotta love the standard Weidler defence piece as commanded by Khoder Nasser.

What an insane request. He wants 1.2m, but also the ability to just walk out if the team doesn't make top 4. Guess what buddy, the team won't make top 4 if they're paying you such a high salary.

Performance clauses are not uncommon in the NRL, they happen more than people think.

But to say the issue is around performance? I don't buy it. He wants the money.

Speaks volumes that fletch and Hindys parody segments of Elite Sport Management look so much more legitimate than that fucking video

Active Now

• Stix
  • jd87
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • RolledOates
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.