NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

I think it's reasonable to suggest to Payne that we can abide by his requests if he takes a paycut. Afterall, why should he profit from the things that are sacrilegious? I guess you'll soon find out where his loyalties are.

My view may be somewhat controversial to some but ultimately I think we should do nothing about alcohol or gambling advertising. It is entirely about choices and we, the consumers get to make the only important decisions.

We have the first choice and our decision is incontrovertible.

We don't have to listen, we can choose to ignore, delete. Gambling and alcohol are not necessarily bad for us as both can be enjoyed without dire consequences. Both are also entirely separate entities ( choose your descriptions here ) as both would exist even in sports absence.

We need only ensure advertising companies don't negatively impact the running of rugby league.

I think Haas should take his blossoming roadshow to another club and I'd remove him quickly. To me he's well into a career that will be punctuated by controversy and the timing of those future catastrophes could derail an attempt on a grand final victory. He might be worth all the bother but if I were deciding? Gone yesterday.

Even when he takes a massive pay cheque. We can't aspire to be an inclusive game and then draw the line when it comes to religious beliefs such as this. It's a tad bit hypocritical.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean he doesn't have that right. I don't see why this bothers people, anyway. He doesn't want to take part in the advertising, it's hardly a big deal. It doesn't affect anything.

what's hypocritical is taking a large amount of money knowing where it comes from then whinging about fulfilling your obligations (which are more than just playing rugby league).

the honourable thing for him to do would be to turn down the huge pay cheque and find a profession where the money doesn't come from alcohol or gambling.

Even when he takes a massive pay cheque. We can't aspire to be an inclusive game and then draw the line when it comes to religious beliefs such as this. It's a tad bit hypocritical.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean he doesn't have that right. I don't see why this bothers people, anyway. He doesn't want to take part in the advertising, it's hardly a big deal. It doesn't affect anything.

It certainly should affect his pay packet. I can't stand gambling advertising, hate it with a passion and on its own, this is a non-issue from Haas and if it were anyone else, I would applaud it. However this guy wants a squillion dollars a year from a game that gets said squillions unfortunately from alcohol and gambling advertising. So he wants his money that comes from these agencies but does not want to advertise them.

So if he really wants to do this for his religious reasons that's fine but he should also be affected proportionately with his wage as part of it will come from these agencies. It wouldn't be that hard for the NRL to make a calculation about it either. Let's say 20% comes from gambling or alcohol, then his wage should be 20% less.

I bet you (ironic I know) he won't be up for that.

Am I missing something or wasn't Payne involved in a drunken incident with Kelly?

I think it's about then society too, the "aussie way" is to have a beer, have a punt, etc

We obviously respect people from where ever they come from or whatever they believe in but you can't walk into a society and make demands that go against the normal, at that point you start to rub people the wrong way
This topic has some of the worst takes I’ve seen. This is so dumb no disrespect

That probably makes what Haas did even worse.

C'mon......Kelly stood on his shoes FFS mate

Seth Meyers Go Time GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I dunno. Exclaiming fit in or **** off to a Muslim for pushing back on promoting gambling and alcohol is a bit loaded..

Hold up.

1)He chooses to play a sport with major gambling advertised. This revenue helps pay his wage.
2)He chooses to play a sport with alcohol advertised. This revenue helps pay his wage.
3)ANY club that employs him, will have a bar, TAB, sponsorship etc all part of the revenue that sustains that club.

It should also be understood that Islam gives him the freedom to be around such things. It's his interpretation setting the scene here. If he is serious about these lines about his faith - this sport is not for him.

You disagree that your typical aussie working class man enjoys a beer and a punt?
They also used to enjoy smoking in the car with their kids, using homophobic slurs, and given the misses a slap around. What’s your point?

Gambling and alcohol abuse are the 2 biggest scourges of our society and countless working class men have ended their lives due to both of them.

Yeah **** off Payne Haas if you can’t be a good ol’ workin class Aussie, go back to…Newcastle!

Hold up.

1)He chooses to play a sport with major gambling advertised. This revenue helps pay his wage.
2)He chooses to play a sport with alcohol advertised. This revenue helps pay his wage.
3)ANY club that employs him, will have a bar, TAB, sponsorship etc all part of the revenue that sustains that club.

It should also be understood that Islam gives him the freedom to be around such things. It's his interpretation setting the scene here. If he is serious about these lines about his faith - this sport is not for him.

And women should’ve chose a different career path if they didn’t want to blow Harvey Weinstein

And women should’ve chose a different career path if they didn’t want to blow Harvey Weinstein

I have no idea how sexual assault relates to Payne Haas, alcohol, gambling, money, contracts etc.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Bish
  • eggstar10
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Rookie Alan
  • Cavalo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • sooticus
  • Volvo Driver
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Porthoz
  • broncos4life
  • Manifesto
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • broncoscope
  • Santa
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.