NEWS Payne leads the way

Since returning from suspension Payne Haas has been BHQ's player of the round 3 out of 4 weeks:

“Kevvie said at the start of the year, no-one is safe here. You have to play well to keep your spot, if not you will get shown the door and get kicked out of the team. It shows where Kevvie is.”

“It is up to us, it’s not always the coach’s fault. I believe Kevvie is a good coach and he is the right man for this club. It’s us players (to blame) ... we haven’t been performing as a team and I feel like we have let Kevvie down a lot. From the start of this week, we have to get the job done.”

BHQ Best 4

“I can’t comment on whether I get a longer-term deal. I’m just doing the best I can right now. We have a lot of strengths here at the Broncos, we have seen some positives this year but we strengthen a few positions. Every top-four team has a dominant playmaker. That is not something that has just dawned upon me, I know it’s a key area for us to address and that’s what we are looking to do. I honestly believe we aren’t too far away as a club.”

BHQ Best 5

“No one here at the Broncos wants to be a loser. You always think about the success of the past, it is frustrating and it’s hard to be going through this. I have all the faith in the boys to turn things around, but we have to stay patient.”

BHQ Best 7

“Tyson Gamble is a non-stop talker. He is a good talker and that’s what we need in the team with our halves, we need some direction and Tyson is the man to do that and let Milf do what he wants. ‘Milf’ had a good performance against Mackay and he has been rewarded for that. He is back now and did a good job (for Souths Logan), he kept his head up and kept working hard. It’s good to have someone like him back in the team. Everyone knows what Milf can bring but we have to create space for him and it’s up to us forwards to do that for him.”

"Tom leaving is pretty disappointing. He is a good young talent. He played halfback at the age of 18 here, which is pretty big. To lose someone like him who has come up through the system is pretty hard. It is pretty frustrating and hard, but I have all the faith in the boys and the coaching staff that they will get it done and turn it around."

McHunt

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Just make him captain now.

I dont think he is captain material tbh, his off field behaviour shows he isnt learning his lessons so far. I'd be wary about putting any more pressure on any of these younger players, they dont need that added responsibility. I'd be looking at Lodge or Pangai tbh, i think we need a slightly older head at the moment. Nobody is ideal right now.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I wish he could get a bit of mongrel and physicality into his game. He has pretty much everything else you want from a prop in the modern game.
I think that will come with a few more seasons especially if he continues to play origin.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Is the sad truth.

Well, as much as it will probably piss people off, Glenn is the right option now. I'm not saying he is a good option, or he is a good on field captain, but he has the experience to handle the criticism and pressure of the job. A leader is something we have to bring in at the end of the year, then we can get them nurturing the other, younger leaders in the squad.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Every time someone says they feel sorry for Haas I have no sympathy for him. The bloke has let the fans and his team mates down in the off season just as much as they’ve let him down by not pulling their weight. Love him on the field despite the fact he’s a bit of a pillow at the moment, but his off field attitude and antics leave a lot to be desired. Has a lot to improve on

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Every time someone says they feel sorry for Haas I have no sympathy for him. The bloke has let the fans and his team mates down in the off season just as much as they’ve let him down by not pulling their weight. Love him on the field despite the fact he’s a bit of a pillow at the moment, but his off field attitude and antics leave a lot to be desired. Has a lot to improve on
Nah i don't agree mate.
He is a young bloke who had one too many and yelled at the cops.

He isn't beating his misses, he isn't doing coke or drink driving, he isn't getting caught shagging chicks in nightclub toilets, he isn't beating people up or using homophobic slurs.

His one indiscretion came on the back of his brother dying, and is compounded by seemingly being the only bloke in the Broncos team who is busting his ass week in week out and being paid less than others who are not putting in anywhere near as much effort.

Big Payne gets a pass for me, and i love him as a Bronco.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Nah i don't agree mate.

He isn't beating his misses, he isn't doing coke or drink driving, he isn't getting caught shagging chicks in nightclub toilets, he isn't beating people up or using homophobic slurs.

His one indiscretion came on the back of his brother dying, and is compounded by seemingly being the only bloke in the Broncos team who is busting his ass week in week out and being paid less than others who are not putting in anywhere near as much effort.

From an on filed point of view though, imagine losing him, we'd have no one worth anything other than Herbie and Bullemor who still are a lot of potential even though showing more promise than most others.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
From an on filed point of view though, imagine losing him, we'd have no one worth anything other than Herbie and Bullemor who still are a lot of potential even though showing more promise than most others.
Yea we cant lose him, TPJ as well.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Nah i don't agree mate.

Nah, can’t agree at all. My sister is a cop and knowing there’s ***** like him out there who threaten (not just yell at) them I can’t support him. He was someone I was all in on but there’s no denying he’s let the club down numerous times now

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
He is one of our worst off field, but I think we can all agree since 2019 he has been our best player easily.

I do worry though, if he was at a good team he would be considered the best prop the game has ever seen, we struggle for ball and he still nearly averages 200 from the middle, the guy is a freak of nature.

but yes I think personally he is a dickhead and needs to work on that.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Nah i don't agree mate.

He's had more than one indiscretion. Let's face it, him yelling what he did at the cops is as bad as Staggs homophobic slur.

Then you have him losing his learners licence due to racking up too many demerit points, then him driving unlicensed, then getting caught out texting at the wheel while driving unlicensed.

On top of that it's not a good look him being in Bali with Fifita when he had his drama ( no evidence he did anything though ) and his run in with the NRL integrity unit. Great player, but at the moment he is a deadset dickhead who, like Staggs, can't stay away from trouble.

Unread

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • Lostboy
  • sooticus
  • Dexter
  • Galah
  • Painin the Haas
  • Strop
  • Dash
  • maddo
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.