#PenaltySharks

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
The recent bullshit about PenaltyBroncos had me wondering about penalties received and where we stood historically. I decided a little research and tabulation was required and I was surprised by some of the results of my endeavours. I went back to 2000 so this is only the last 18 years including the first 11 rounds of this season.

I totalled penalties received, a stat over which no team has any real control.

The referees darling team surprised me, Cronulla!!

Cronulla : 3138

Cowboys : 3110
St George : 2997
Parramatta : 2991
Westigers : 2989
Canberra : 2988
Souths : 2985
Melbourne : 2981
Penrith : 2956
Manly : 2873
Newcastle : 2845
Warriors : 2824
Bulldogs : 2819
Roosters : 2817

Last of all THE BRONCOS !!! with 2816.

I found it quite surprising that such famous clubs as the Roosters and Canterbury were our closest neighbours on the list. I left out the Gold Coast as they did not have the full eighteen years and with Souths, I filled in their total with the season averages for their absent years.

Please, someone start a PenaltySharks meme going for Facebook and let's start sharing !!!

Nice work Huge, i have been hoping somebody would do the research and find out who the real darlings of the comp are.

The recent bullshit about PenaltyBroncos had me wondering about penalties received and where we stood historically. I decided a little research and tabulation was required and I was surprised by some of the results of my endeavours. I went back to 2000 so this is only the last 18 years including the first 11 rounds of this season.

I totalled penalties received, a stat over which no team has any real control.

The referees darling team surprised me, Cronulla!!

Cronulla : 3138

Cowboys : 3110
St George : 2997
Parramatta : 2991
Westigers : 2989
Canberra : 2988
Souths : 2985
Melbourne : 2981
Penrith : 2956
Manly : 2873
Newcastle : 2845
Warriors : 2824
Bulldogs : 2819
Roosters : 2817

Last of all THE BRONCOS !!! with 2816.

I found it quite surprising that such famous clubs as the Roosters and Canterbury were our closest neighbours on the list. I left out the Gold Coast as they did not have the full eighteen years and with Souths, I filled in their total with the season averages for their absent years.

Please, someone start a PenaltySharks meme going for Facebook and let's start sharing !!!
Who was driving the train while you were working that out?

Who was driving the train while you were working that out?
Amazingly prescient! I was and yes, I gathered the data and through the night, in driving rain I multitasked !

LOL all he will say in reply assuming he doesn't block you is that the other teams are more worthy of penalties.

I had a thought about this, and while we have received the least, we only receive .7 fewer penalties per game (assuming 24 per season) than the team that receives the most over an 18 year sample. That to me doesn’t indicate any real bias.

It does put to bed the [HASHTAG]#penaltybroncos[/HASHTAG] rhetoric though, not that it ever had any real basis.

I had a thought about this, and while we have received the least, we only receive .7 fewer penalties per game (assuming 24 per season) than the team that receives the most over an 18 year sample. That to me doesn’t indicate any real bias.

It does put to bed the [HASHTAG]#penaltybroncos[/HASHTAG] rhetoric though, not that it ever had any real basis.
Yes, absolutely correct and I knew that from the start. I never expected that over 18 years we'd be too far from the field. I'm going to look at the penalties against to see where we sit. What would you think, where would we be ? Top,middle or bottom, which area do you reckon we'd be closest to ?

I don't really care if the Broncos lose a penalty count 7-6 just if those 13 calls are correct.
Is there a stat that looks at the % of correct calls for each team. If not, there should be.

Yes, absolutely correct and I knew that from the start. I never expected that over 18 years we'd be too far from the field. I'm going to look at the penalties against to see where we sit. What would you think, where would we be ? Top,middle or bottom, which area do you reckon we'd be closest to ?

I think we’d be towards the bottom of the list. We’ve been well coached and disciplined for the majority of those years.

Exactly.....train "drivers", pffftt

Hit a button and start watching your favourite movie.
Yes, that's the desired position. The truth is the implementation of the robotic driver has proved extremely challenging. So far my employer has spent 10 years and $1,500,000,000....1.5 billion dollars to get it working and for the last two months it's been switched off due to ongoing technical issues and safety concerns. In other words ,they're still being driven by humans despite the stories drip fed to the shareholders ,stock exchange and media. Unsurprisingly the drivers are more efficient with a 10% spike in production during the same period. It's actually quite possibly the greatest waste of money in australian business history.

Nah, I can't be bothered trying to circumvent the penalty broncos garbage. Take it in your stride. Being hated so strongly that they literally have to make up lies to hang shit on us is the most satisfying thing of all.

They're the alt right of the Rugby League world. Just point and laugh.

Nah, I can't be bothered trying to circumvent the penalty broncos garbage. Take it in your stride. Being hated so strongly that they literally have to make up lies to hang shit on us is the most satisfying thing of all.

They're the alt right of the Rugby League world. Just point and laugh.

This. Laugh my arse off every time. Good to have the above information thought to jam in their faces.

My mates who sprout the anti bronco shit on FB are.....wait for it....... parra fans. So yeah lol

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • Battler
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Xzei
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.