Perese Gone

You know what, all this debate & speculation is fine, but if Perese is found guilty, he will be swapping his jersey for prison greens.
Do they wear green now? It used to be brown....just saying.

They arent exactly the same. Medical marijuana has a much, much lower level of THC so basically, you dont get high from it. You are correct though, the medical strains are higher in CBD. My brother who had a brain tumour did a clinical trial with Sativex and had great results with it. It didnt save his life, but we believe it did extend it. He was given six months to live when he started his trial and ended up living another 6 years.
Sorry to hear about your brother, but pleased he was able to extend his life this way. You are right that Sativex is a high CBD strain that's been licenced for prescription in the UK, but US dispensaries carry a much more diverse range of "medical strains" that are also highly narcotic. Actually, they are really quite strong.

You can read through the descriptions of some popular ones here:
But yes, we've digressed...

Last edited:
CBD high marijuana isn't effective for every condition, for example chemo patients need higher THC content to stimulate appetite. I think CBD is over-marketed as a cure-all, and I think medical marijuana itself is over-marketed for medical reasons.

When just about every Prime Minister and President has smoked cannabis, but we still can't get an effective legal safe way of obtaining it, then I think the policies are not working as pragmaticly and for the people as it should.

With a prohibition setup, the dealers are better off maximizing THC. THC is what presents the biggest risk to people it's what makes driving behind the wheel less safe, it's what can trigger a psycosis in vulnerable people. That said any drug/alcohol/traumatic event can cause psycosis with a vulnerable person. We cannot use the worst examples for the smallest % sample and use that to justify prohibition, other wise peanuts would be illegal, we've got to look at the population as whole. There are Teachers, Doctors and engineers who are all life long cannabis users, people that you respect but you'll never know because of the shame and stigma surrounding it.

Similar to how bootleggers would push whiskey over beer. All prohibition is taking away from people is choice, and if they get caught then their dignity. At the end of the day, the demand isn't going away.

Last edited:
CBD high marijuana isn't effective for every condition, for example chemo patients need higher THC content to stimulate appetite. I think CBD is over-marketed as a cure-all, and I think medical marijuana itself is over-marketed for medical reasons.

When just about every Prime Minister and President has smoked cannabis, but we still can't get an effective legal safe way of obtaining it, then I think the policies are not working as pragmaticly and for the people as it should.

With a prohibition setup, the dealers are better off maximizing THC. THC is what presents the biggest risk to people it's what makes driving behind the wheel less safe, it's what can trigger a psycosis in vulnerable people. That said any drug/alcohol/traumatic event can cause psycosis with a vulnerable person. We cannot use the worst examples for the smallest % sample and use that to justify prohibition, other wise peanuts would be illegal, we've got to look at the population as whole. There are Teachers, Doctors and engineers who are all life long cannabis users, people that you respect but you'll never know because of the shame and stigma surrounding it.

Similar to how bootleggers would push whiskey over beer. All prohibition is taking away from people is choice, and if they get caught then their dignity. At the end of the day, the demand isn't going away.

One set of rules for the ruling class, another for everyone else.

Perese has plead guilty to:

supplying a dangerous drug.
possessing $5600 obtained from the supply of drugs
possessing the pain killer Tramadol

he was sentenced to an 18 month supervision order and 100 hours community service; no conviction was recorded

he was sentenced to an 18 month supervision order and 100 hours community service; no conviction was recorded

Considering what other players get away with these days, he'll probably still have a career in the NRL.

What are we thinking, only allowed to resume playing once his supervision order and community service is complete? Maybe a 5-10 game suspension on top of that as well.

He'll be a very lucky man to come out of this without being sacked.

If we let dudes that glass their girlfriends and heavy DUI's play the game again, then we can move on from this.

If Packer and Lodge can play again, then surely Perese should have that path forward too.

If we let dudes that glass their girlfriends and heavy DUI's play the game again, then we can move on from this.

If Packer and Lodge can play again, then surely Perese should have that path forward too.

Sure but like those players he'll have to do his time.

he won't be banned for life by the NRL ... I doubt he'll remain with us though.

and he'll have to serve his time like Lodge did, the problem he has is that unlike Lodge Packer etc ... he was still getting used to the the intricacies of rugby league (especially in defence) after switching codes, so will be a risk for any club that signs him

Tramadol is shit. I’ve used it for chronic pain and I can’t believe anyone would willingly take it recreationally.
My wife had it for her thyroid issue and said it gave her fucked up dreams.

I was sadly disappointed that it didn't give me anything. Oxy on the other hand is fun stuff.

Tramadol makes me glitchy. It gives me some side effects that are similar to MDMA, but not the fun ones.

Oxy took some time to get off last year with the broken leg. Very addictive, but yeah, it was fun.
Can definitely see how they can be addictive, my only issue with oxy was it binds you up like a mofo. like shitting concrete pylons

They said in the story that his contract had already been terminated, not sure how right that is though.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.