Perese Gone

A single hydroponic plant could produce a pound of bud, which would put you squarely in the dangerous drug trafficking camp. You're allowed to grow two of them in the ACT.

Trafficking has nothing to do with the quantity of drugs you have. You could have 10 kilos of bud and it wouldn’t by itself make you a drug trafficker.

There has to be evidence of ‘carrying on the business’ of supplying a dangerous drug. Having stock is a business-like activity at law, I admit. But sheer quantity isn’t enough.

Last edited:
Yes. Looks like Schedule IV drugs are classed as "restricted" rather than "controlled." Other jurisdictions (such as the UK) class Schedule IV as a "controlled substance." How that semantic distinction translates into a grade of possession charge, you might have a better idea.

So given that he's been charged with a "controlled substance" it's likely to be schedule 8, which are the ones most commonly "abused," ie recreational drugs like cannabis and cocaine, but also the gamut of painkillers like codeine, oxy, hydocodone and antidepressants like Xanax.

I would be inclined to hold back on calling him a child murderer until we find out exactly what drug it is.

Pretty sure he has been charged with possession of a ‘controlled drug’ not a controlled substance, as a controlled substance charge needs to allege that a person was in possession of a prohibited combination of controlled substances, of which I haven’t seen any allegation of, though it would quickly pin-point what he was up to, if he were...

Don’t know where you are getting your schedules from, but neither Cannabis (Schedule 2 DMA) or ‘Cocaine’ (Schedule 1) are in schedule 8...

Pretty sure he has been charged with possession of a ‘controlled drug’ not a controlled substance, as a controlled substance charge needs to allege that a person was in possession of a prohibited combination of controlled substances, of which I haven’t seen any allegation of, though it would quickly pin-point what he was up to, if he were...

Don’t know where you are getting your schedules from, but neither Cannabis (Schedule 2 DMA) or ‘Cocaine’ (Schedule 1) are in schedule 8...
I used the NSW list. I thought QLD, NSW and Vic were much the same. Mustn't be:

Pretty sure he has been charged with possession of a ‘controlled drug’ not a controlled substance
You guys with your fancy words. Isn't the term "substance" an umbrella term that includes "drugs" and in practice is literally "drugs" or a component thereof?

Last edited:
March 9 is court appearance and turns out Perese has been dabbling in part time work for some guy in Woodford Prison.

Maybe I am naive but I would have thought a guy in jail wasn't the best boss.

Well that’s him done then

Giphy

the kids put himself, the club and his family in a awkard position; cant blame Brisbane for doing what they did here.

I hope he gets the help he obviously needs and can turn his professional career and life around...

I would like to know the scale of what he has a actually done wrong before I pass too much judgement. If it is as bad as what the charges make out then yeah he is farken idiot.

The PoPo aint stupid and dont have time to waste. They have little care for the once a year punter on their birthday sharing a gram with their mates, as the sheer existence of the law is enough to scare them off from distribution and or buying and selling - and the price.

To be charged quickly means they would have a fair wack of evidence, which would include texts, calls and other collected evidence and certainly wouldn't be a once or twice helping a mate get some fun stuff for a party a favour. Hes toast.

For those curious:
Alcohol - controlled substance - taxable - bad for body but legal.
Codeine - bad for kidney and liver - cooked down goes from IV to VIII - that's why codeine is always paired with paracetamol to legally have it available and prescribed easier.
Benzo/Oxyco - Group VIII as they are straight and medically addictive, the legal cleaner/safer and lower dose version of heroin essentially.
Cocaine - there's no room in the law for it - ironically its structure is so close to caffeine its not funny.
Caffeine - legal as coffee/energy drinks etc, yet drug in pure powder form at certain volume, but minmal effects on the body medically. Funnily enough can now be synth into a mono of cocaine. Can kill you as straight power in low doses.

Last edited:
I hope he has a second chance in the future. If we can let guys who bruise their girlfriends play again, or drug cheats play again, there is zero reason not to let Perese play again after some rehabilitation.

Yes. Looks like Schedule IV drugs are classed as "restricted" rather than "controlled." Other jurisdictions (such as the UK) class Schedule IV as a "controlled substance." How that semantic distinction translates into a grade of possession charge, you might have a better idea.

So given that he's been charged with a "controlled substance" it's likely to be schedule 8, which are the ones most commonly "abused," ie recreational drugs like cannabis and cocaine, but also the gamut of painkillers like codeine, oxy, hydocodone and antidepressants like Xanax.

I would be inclined to hold back on calling him a child murderer until we find out exactly what drug it is.

In Qld ‘controlled substances’ aren’t illegal by themselves. You can lawfully possess iodine, or red phosphorous and even pseudoephidrine, if lawfully prescribed.

However you can’t possess them in combination because there is only one reason someone would possess all 3 of those substances.

Hence why they are ‘controlled’ by legislation and called ‘substances’. Individually none are illegal and apart from pseudoephidrine they aren’t drugs either. I suppose the legislators feel the difference is drugs are meant for human consumption and substances aren’t.

Hence why they are ‘controlled’ by legislation and called ‘substances’. Individually none are illegal and apart from pseudoephidrine they aren’t drugs either. I suppose the legislators feel the difference is drugs are meant for human consumption and substances aren’t.

They're still behind current research in regards to cannabis. The Hotels and Alcohol lobby want to keep it non-recreational for as long as possible, and thats a shame for the poor people risking their welfare to supply a demand that will never ever ever go away. Missing so much tax, tourism and employment stimulus.

Seeing the minister of health refer to it as a 'dangerous drug' just hurts.

I think we'd see a less off season schenanigans if the boys were allowed to toke instead of the far more dangerous yet legal recreational alternative.

They're still behind current research in regards to cannabis. The Hotels and Alcohol lobby want to keep it non-recreational for as long as possible, and thats a shame for the poor people risking their welfare to supply a demand that will never ever ever go away. Missing so much tax, tourism and employment stimulus.

Seeing the minister of health refer to it as a 'dangerous drug' just hurts.

I think we'd see a less off season schenanigans if the boys were allowed to toke instead of the far more dangerous yet legal recreational alternative.

Under controlled medical supervision as with any other medicine, sure. But un-regulated, self-administered ‘therapy’?

Not for mine.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • Skyblues87
  • Mister Wright
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.