Peter V'landys

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
V'landys is set to hand Sydney and South Sydney an exemption by granting Sonny Bill Williams and Joseph Suaalii permission to participate in their respective club's seasons. Ordinarily neither player would be allow to play, but V'landys believes it's in the code's best interest that they flout the rules.

Personally I'm fine with this sort of flexibility and if these moves generate more interest then so be it. I just hope the same courtesy is extended to other clubs.

The other story making the rounds is that Gus is set to receive a 'Mr Fix It' role in the NRL. I'm not sure what kind of title that is, executive manager? However, Gus is being brought into over-see the management of the game and it's being speculated that Gus will make some major reforms to the development pathways. Don't be surprised to see the U/20s return or some form of a national reserve grade.

Gus is an extremely divisive character in Rugby League. I personally find his perspective interesting, but I believe a few of his points are regressive and I don't think he knows what's happening beyond his own backyard. What might work for Sydney, might not work for Townsville or Auckland.

Everything V'landys does strikes me as someone trying to make a quick buck.

A Lyle Lanley if you will.

I probably haven't been paying close enough attention though.

The SBW-Roosters thing is laughable and got meme’d into existence.

Gus, for all his faults and whinging at times, is still one of the best football guys in the system. The one undeniable positive he has is that at his core he wants the game to succeed for the good of itself. He loves it and would love it if even if made no money.

People think he hates Brisbane. Every time we are a topic, he talks about us equally with jealousy but also respect. It’s why he’s consulted us in the past and modelled the Panthers resurgence on what he learned.

Last edited:
The SBW-Roosters thing is laughable and got meme’d into existence.

Gus, for all his faults and whinging at times, is still one of the best football guys in the system. The one undeniable positive he has is that at his core he wants the game to succeed for the good of the itself. He loves it and would love it if even if made no money.

People think he hates Brisbane. Every time we are a topic, he talks about us equally with jealousy but also respect. It’s why he’s consulted us in the past and modelled the Panthers resurgence on what he learned.
Maybe we should hire gus to remodel the club based on our old selves that he learned from.

Nick Politis may as well have V'landy's job. He commands far more power than the likes of Isaac Moses ever did. This comp exists to stroke the Roosters ego.

Last edited:
Nick Politis may as well have V'landy's job. He commands far more power than the likes of Isaac Moses ever did. This comp exists to stroke the Roosters ego.
Yep, they may have lost a few early battles, but 25 or so years on, it certainly looks more and more like the NSWRL/ARL are finally winning the war. We'll be back to a suburban Sydney tinpot sport in no time.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • GCBRONCO
  • RodF
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Bish
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • LittleDavey
  • broncsgoat
  • sooticus
  • KeithustEndaf
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • bazza
  • Charlesstor
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.