Pets... dogs rule!

GCBRONCO

State of Origin Captain
Gold Coast
hehe staffies are awesome but dumb as shit.
Couldn't be as dumb as the Shih Tzu we had growing up that decided it would be a great idea to bark it's head off right in front of a giant kangaroo we labelled Arnie(yeah doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out why) and in turn cut it's stomach open with a kick, thankfully it survived.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Couldn't be as dumb as the Shih Tzu we had growing up that decided it would be a great idea to bark it's head off right in front of a giant kangaroo we labelled Arnie(yeah doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out why) and in turn cut it's stomach open with a kick, thankfully it survived.
I've never actually owned one but had a few mates that did. They were constantly worried they would get stolen because staffies don't even care who their owner is. They will just run and jump in a car if someone calls them over to it and just go along with the new "owner".

Sproj

International Rep
I've never actually owned one but had a few mates that did. They were constantly worried they would get stolen because staffies don't even care who their owner is. They will just run and jump in a car if someone calls them over to it and just go along with the new "owner".
Staffies are stocky idiots. Their owner is food but they are super placid.

Pugs are their own bosses, they go wherever they want, such self-entitled dogs. Haha

Kimlo

International Captain
Brisbane
Haha, this reminds me of a story when I was early teens. Had a staffy for about 8 years, one day there was a huge thunderstorm and I went outside to grab the dog. Couldn't find him, so me and mum jump in the car to see if we can find him, about 100metres down a staffy on the side of the road looks exactly the same. I call him "get over here boy", he jumps straight in the car, I head home, run to grab a towel to dry him and what do you know. My staffy was in my brother's room the whole fucking time haha.

The other staffy could pass as a twin but deadset, I called and the dumb **** ran straight over to me and jumped in the car no hesitation so naturally I had no doubt it was my dog. We found the original owner and got him delivered back.

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
So the dog we've been looking after, we've been thinking about taking him to a shelter but I was wondering if that could potentially backfire on us in a legal way?

We were only meant to be looking after the dog for a month or two while he found another place, but it's just been one big **** around and it got to a point where shit almost hit the fan and it almost got physical after he came around demanding money etc. There was a whole bunch of shit before that but that was sort of the breaking point for us.

At one point there, he was jumping the fence at 1 in the morning and knocking on my window to wake me up just to try and see if I had a smoke.

After that we told him we had enough, we don't want him around here anymore so we gave him a few weeks to sort out his shit or we're taking the dog to a shelter. He actually had someone that was willing to go out of their way to help him, give him a place to stay, food, clothes and help him find a place of his own but he got kicked out because he didn't like being told what to do.

So enough is enough. We're taking the dog to a shelter because he is living on the streets again and we just can't have a dog here anymore. We can't give the dog the care he needs full time.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
No idea from a legal point, but it's worth posting up on one of those lost pet groups for advice, and you'd likely find someone on there who would take the dog if legal too.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
So the dog we've been looking after, we've been thinking about taking him to a shelter but I was wondering if that could potentially backfire on us in a legal way?

We were only meant to be looking after the dog for a month or two while he found another place, but it's just been one big **** around and it got to a point where shit almost hit the fan and it almost got physical after he came around demanding money etc. There was a whole bunch of shit before that but that was sort of the breaking point for us.

At one point there, he was jumping the fence at 1 in the morning and knocking on my window to wake me up just to try and see if I had a smoke.

After that we told him we had enough, we don't want him around here anymore so we gave him a few weeks to sort out his shit or we're taking the dog to a shelter. He actually had someone that was willing to go out of their way to help him, give him a place to stay, food, clothes and help him find a place of his own but he got kicked out because he didn't like being told what to do.

So enough is enough. We're taking the dog to a shelter because he is living on the streets again and we just can't have a dog here anymore. We can't give the dog the care he needs full time.
To surrender a dog they would probably need records of all it's shots and any other veterinary issues. Not sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.