Phil Gould must be sacked by Channel 9

Re: Phil Guild must be sacked by Channel 9

They don't hate each other at all they are very close friends. Those arguments they do are just plain retarted and stupid. They obviously think that they've got some comedy routine going when they do it.

I don't know who told you that, but the way Rabs talks about Phil on Triple M would suggest this friendship is the only joke.

Re: Phil Guild must be sacked by Channel 9

I don't know who told you that, but the way Rabs talks about Phil on Triple M would suggest this friendship is the only joke.

In the 30 years of Origin DVD Rabs was doing a monologue about Origin and describing some of the great players and coaches that he has seen at this level. He said Gus was his friend and sidekick.

It's at 2.25

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, so he's probably lying on Triple M when he speaks most passionately. I think I'll trust what I've heard and the tone over a DVD promoting league where he is doing his job.

It was actually refreshing not to hear Gould last night.

Wally is definitely as bias if not more so but he doesn't get anywhere near the amount of words in edgewise so the telecast feels a lot more neutral as a result.

With Gould, it feels like he's borderline coaching from the box and he doesn't tell the story of the game at all. I still remember the decider in 2011 where Gould was treating Queensland's dominant period as this great moment of NSW resilience and a great challenge for them.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.