Phins $50k breach notice due to Mariner attempt

Is this the sort of stuff that costs an individual the tag of "Super coach"

???

Dolphin's CEO, Terry Reader, said:

“No. We’re a bit perplexed by this breach notice.

“We haven’t had a chance to read all the findings, we’ll have a look into it and respond in due course once we understand all the facts.”

Mariner's manager, Dixon McIvor said

“I am disappointed and shocked to be honest,” he said.

“I have said from the start that there was nothing in this. The NRL have obviously taken a different view from their findings.

“I have to accept it.

“It’s a bit odd now in regards to what we can do with any conversations we have with clubs.

“Is having a casual yarn with a club a breach? You can be pulled up for anything.

“I will stand by my comments and my word that the Dolphins did nothing wrong ... because if the Dolphins have done something wrong, then I have done something wrong, and I am adamant I did not break any rules.

“It feels a bit like being robbed. You go into your house knowing someone has violated you.

“There is this little blemish against my name and I’m not happy about it.

“I have to move onwards and upwards. I didn’t think anything was going to happen. I thought the investigation was done and gone, we haven’t heard anything for months.

“It’s a really odd decision.”

McIvor blasted suggestions the new expansion franchise tried to induce the Broncos sensation
“There was merely a discussion around what was happening with Deine Mariner going forward,” McIvor said.

“I confirmed at the time (to Brisbane) that there was interest in him, but the Dolphins knew he was contracted and we had complete transparency with the Broncos.

“Nothing ever eventuated beyond a basic discussion with the Dolphins.

“All I was looking at was where Deine’s future was in relation to the Broncos.

“At the time, there were several players sitting in front of him, including Tesi Niu and Herbie Farnworth, who had yet to join the Dolphins.

“Reece Walsh has just signed from the Warriors and Selwyn Cobbo wanted to be a fullback.

“There were a lot of areas where we asked the Broncos where Deine fits into the puzzle.

“Deine did not ask for a release.

“There were some discussions around potentially looking for a release, but it had nothing to do with who was offering what or where.

“Deine is a happy man at the Broncos and he doesn’t plan on going anywhere.”

Thats A 10 Ice Cream GIF

Love the salty tears

At the time, there were several players sitting in front of him, including Tesi Niu and Herbie Farnworth, who had yet to join the Dolphins.

This part is the best. Manager reckoned he stuck behind the two that ended up going to the club. Worked out very well for DM that’s for sure!!

Maybe manager was playing chess whilst we all played checkers and really delivered us the right result!

Dolphin's CEO, Terry Reader, said:

“No. We’re a bit perplexed by this breach notice.

“We haven’t had a chance to read all the findings, we’ll have a look into it and respond in due course once we understand all the facts.”

Mariner's manager, Dixon McIvor said

“I am disappointed and shocked to be honest,” he said.

“I have said from the start that there was nothing in this. The NRL have obviously taken a different view from their findings.

“I have to accept it.

“It’s a bit odd now in regards to what we can do with any conversations we have with clubs.

“Is having a casual yarn with a club a breach? You can be pulled up for anything.

“I will stand by my comments and my word that the Dolphins did nothing wrong ... because if the Dolphins have done something wrong, then I have done something wrong, and I am adamant I did not break any rules.

“It feels a bit like being robbed. You go into your house knowing someone has violated you.

“There is this little blemish against my name and I’m not happy about it.

“I have to move onwards and upwards. I didn’t think anything was going to happen. I thought the investigation was done and gone, we haven’t heard anything for months.

“It’s a really odd decision.”

McIvor blasted suggestions the new expansion franchise tried to induce the Broncos sensation
“There was merely a discussion around what was happening with Deine Mariner going forward,” McIvor said.

“I confirmed at the time (to Brisbane) that there was interest in him, but the Dolphins knew he was contracted and we had complete transparency with the Broncos.

“Nothing ever eventuated beyond a basic discussion with the Dolphins.

“All I was looking at was where Deine’s future was in relation to the Broncos.

“At the time, there were several players sitting in front of him, including Tesi Niu and Herbie Farnworth, who had yet to join the Dolphins.

“Reece Walsh has just signed from the Warriors and Selwyn Cobbo wanted to be a fullback.

“There were a lot of areas where we asked the Broncos where Deine fits into the puzzle.

“Deine did not ask for a release.

“There were some discussions around potentially looking for a release, but it had nothing to do with who was offering what or where.

“Deine is a happy man at the Broncos and he doesn’t plan on going anywhere.”
All just an extreme coincidence I’m sure…🙄

How did it take nearly a year for the nrl to investigate? Pathetic excuse for an administration.

I did lol when Mariners manager said "we had complete transparency with the Broncos."

If that was the case we wouldn't have lodged an official complaint

I did lol when Mariners manager said "we had complete transparency with the Broncos."

If that was the case we wouldn't have lodged an official complaint
Unless we baited them because we got fed up with the nrl letting old man Wayne do what he wants.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Old Mate
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • Strop
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Midean
  • Manifesto
  • Mister Wright
  • FACTHUNT
  • jd87
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.