Pick Kevvie's round one team with odds

Yep, you guys are all good judges. That predicted line up cost me 25g. Kevvie had privately complained to me that his contract was the lowest in the NRL so I thought, here's an opening and as they say, the rest is history.

1 Selwyn Cobbo (Give him a go until Tesi Niu returns)
2 Herbie Farnworth
3 Kotoni Staggs
4 Brenko Lee
5 Jordan Pereira
6 Billy Walters
7 Adam Reynolds
8 Payne Haas
9 Cory Paix
10 Pat Carrigan
11 Kurt Capewell
12 Jordan Riki
13 Kobe Hetherington

14 Ezra Mam
15 Corey Jensen
16 Ryan James
17 Tom Flegler

18 Corey Oates
19 Tyson Gamble
20 TC Robati
21 Brendan Piakura
22 Jake Turpin

This is actually a really difficult team to select this year. Really good depth

2 Herbie Farnworth
3 Kotoni Staggs
4 Brenko Lee
5 Jordan Pereira
6 Billy Walters
7 Adam Reynolds
8 Payne Haas
9 Cory Paix
10 Pat Carrigan
11 Kurt Capewell
12 Jordan Riki
13 Kobe Hetherington

14 Ezra Mam
15 Corey Jensen
16 Ryan James
17 Tom Flegler

18 Corey Oates
19 Tyson Gamble
20 TC Robati
21 Brendan Piakura
22 Jake Turpin

I like it, very very close to what I personally would go with too.

2 Herbie Farnworth
3 Kotoni Staggs
4 Brenko Lee
5 Jordan Pereira
6 Billy Walters
7 Adam Reynolds
8 Payne Haas
9 Cory Paix
10 Pat Carrigan
11 Kurt Capewell
12 Jordan Riki
13 Kobe Hetherington

14 Ezra Mam
15 Corey Jensen
16 Ryan James
17 Tom Flegler

18 Corey Oates
19 Tyson Gamble
20 TC Robati
21 Brendan Piakura
22 Jake Turpin

Flegler is suspended for 3 NRL matches . Expect him in rnd 4 .

2 Herbie Farnworth
3 Kotoni Staggs
4 Brenko Lee
5 Jordan Pereira
6 Billy Walters
7 Adam Reynolds
8 Payne Haas
9 Cory Paix
10 Pat Carrigan
11 Kurt Capewell
12 Jordan Riki
13 Kobe Hetherington

14 Ezra Mam
15 Corey Jensen
16 Ryan James
17 Tom Flegler

18 Corey Oates
19 Tyson Gamble
20 TC Robati
21 Brendan Piakura
22 Jake Turpin

I like it. Only changes for me would be Tupein at 9 Paix on the bench while Ezra develops in cup. I’d bring Robati in the for the suspended Flegler.

Not the most exciting side but defence should be good and it’s well balanced.

For what it’s worth, Denan Kemp said he would go this line up:

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Pereira
6. Walters
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki/Robati/Piakura
13. Hetherington

14. Paix

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Pereira
6. Walters
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki/Robati/Piakura
13. Hetherington

14. Paix

I like it, but I don't think Oates is making the side for any reason other than experience at this point. He has been quiet as a mouse in both trials.

Robati absolutely deserves first crack in the 12, I already rate him higher than Riki who would be a good addition to the bench.

I like it, but I don't think Oates is making the side for any reason other than experience at this point. He has been quiet as a mouse in both trials.

Robati absolutely deserves first crack in the 12, I already rate him higher than Riki who would be a good addition to the bench.
Strong kick returns.

I agree with Robati. Seems far more well rounded than Riki who I think would be best as impact off the bench. Could be a weapon outside Reynolds though.

Strong kick returns.

I agree with Robati. Seems far more well rounded than Riki who I think would be best as impact off the bench. Could be a weapon outside Reynolds though.
Yeah I don’t quite agree with that call. Riki to still start for me. Finished the year well and I thought that right edge defence was atrocious on the trial. Whilst Jordan will likely be on the right and Reynolds won’t be as erratic as Kelly I still think you reward Riki and play Robati off the bench cause in my personal opinion he is just as good as a middle and his impact off the bench is amazing. Not much in it but still. Definitely both them before Brendan at this stage.

Yeah I don’t quite agree with that call. Riki to still start for me. Finished the year well and I thought that right edge defence was atrocious on the trial. Whilst Jordan will likely be on the right and Reynolds won’t be as erratic as Kelly I still think you reward Riki and play Robati off the bench cause in my personal opinion he is just as good as a middle and his impact off the bench is amazing. Not much in it but still. Definitely both them before Brendan at this stage.
Yeah won’t argue with you about that. Robati is a better bench option because he is good if not better as a middle. Riki Staggs and Cobbo is a pretty loaded edge for Reynolds to play with in attack.

I think you could see the impact working with gillett had on riki's defence. His lateral movement and pressure from the inside really improved. Given our defence on that side in the trial, i think reynolds and riki will help that.

yep completely agree, Riki is a better edge player and Robati is strong at both. also Riki adds some pace on the edge.
Also think Farnworth next to Staggs and Brenko inside Pereira, Farnworth has said he wants to be on the right but he ain't moving Staggs so wing it is.

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Pereira
6. Walters
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki/Robati/Piakura
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
Huh? 16 players and no props on the bench? Robati Riki Piakura second rowers? And Carrigan having to play long minutes on a less than perfect preparation.

Active Now

• marw
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.