Pick the WCC 2017 Side

Another important facet to gauge is offloads and Arrow will kill McGuire in this department once he is confident in playing NRL

im finding it hard to fathom how mcguire and arrow are being compared.

mcguire is an establised origin player with 150+ nrl games and arrow is a prospect with less than 20 nrl games to his name. this talk about arrow having an offload doesnt compare with mcguires leg speed and footwork, which is an nrl pre requisite.

i think we will see fai travel to the u.k for the wcc, whether he plays or is 18th/19th man this will show he has progressed in the pecking order.

McGuire is on the precipices, either he'll graduate and become the next Corey Parker or will remain at his current level and become the next Hannant.

If it's the latter, Bennett has to consider the future. Have we seen everything this 08 batch is capable of? Is it time to move on and usher in a new culture?

It was a tough choice in 1990, even tougher in 96 and in 17 it hasn't gotten any easier.

mcguire is in talks at present i believe for a new contract an a hefty pay rise. so i would imagine he will be required.

Am pretty concerned with the centre and winger depth coming our system at the moment.

Hope over the next over the next couple of years Shibasaki can get better defensively and learn to draw and pass because it looks like he will be our best long term left centre option.

As I said, McGuire will start in the 13 but unless he works on his defence the middle third is going to be a serious concern for the Broncos.

Despite his inexperience, Arrow's defence is stronger. He may not be the better all-round pick in 2017, but moving into 2018, 2019, 2020 I'm confident in Arrow being the better option at 13.

I guess going into 18, 19, 20 there is going to have to be a decision as to what type of lock we are going to go with.

Assuming TPJ keeps progressing and is ready to start and play longer minutes we are going to have to decide do we want a Taumalolo style lock with playmaking ability and x factor or go for Arrow who is more of a steady player with strong defence, long minutes and hopefully down the track offloads.

Our forward over the next few years is going to be changing a fair bit over the next few years and it will be interesting to see how it ends up shaping up like.

broncos should play jamayne isaako in WCC. Saturday night trail game he was kicking for goal in game. Kahu is one main goal kicker. Milford is not good goal kicker. Today the goal kicking is very important. If Kahu miss any game who gone be kicker.

I want Pangai Jr moulded into the lock position he is a gun.

When it comes to the squad I think we will send a full strength team and a few maybes, that's why Sua and Moga 2 players that can push a spot should be selected.

I hope that Big Joe gets to start in the side to see how he goes to see if he can be run on.

It is weird that the squad hasn't been announced yet.

Very weird, our squad of 18 leaves today for England and we still don't know who's in it.

I'll be more interested in seeing the squad for the trial against the Jets on Saturday.

If I were to take a punt on the 2 squads -

WCC squad:

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Mead
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Ofahengaue
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Glenn
15. Sims
16. Ese'ese
17. Pangai Jr
18. Fai

Jets trial squad:

1. Isaako
2. Shibasaki
3. Seve
4. Moga
5. Pearson
6. Murphy
7. Scarlett
8. Molo
9. Waddell
10. Funaki
11. Su'A
12. Love-Henry
13. Arrow

14. Cronin
15. Lavea
16. Barr
17. Rockley

Presumably unavailable: Marshall, Opacic, Nikorima, Dodds, Terupe.

We'll know about it later today, yesterday, the club wanted the attention to be on Boyd.

If I were to take a punt on the 2 squads -

WCC squad:

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Mead
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Ofahengaue
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Glenn
15. Sims
16. Ese'ese
17. Pangai Jr
18. Fai

Jets trial squad:

1. Isaako
2. Shibasaki
3. Seve
4. Moga
5. Pearson
6. Murphy
7. Scarlett
8. Molo
9. Waddell
10. Funaki
11. Su'A
12. Love-Henry
13. Arrow

14. Cronin
15. Lavea
16. Barr
17. Rockley

Presumably unavailable: Marshall, Opacic, Nikorima, Dodds, Terupe.

Arrow is in the England squad I'll give you that hint.

Active Now

• Allo
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Spooky1013
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • cento
  • pennywisealfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • Ozired
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Bongo
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.