NEWS Piehole: lol, I'm staying

Surely there must be one in the English super league worth a look at?
Holbrook and O’Brien are going ok all things considered.
Maybe there’s one more?
Noble? Probably the best super league coach who still has not gotten too old. In management at wolfpack who aren't playing.

It's looking more and more likely that Ikin and Paul Green will be at the club from 2021.
Walters not being considered for the role nor is he on the shortlist for the Cowboys coaching gig.

Source?

Acknowledging Green has won a premiership and been to another grand final and has a fairly decent record with the Cows my biggest concern would be what part did he actaully play?

I personally don't think his sucessfull cowboys teams were known for brilliant game plans and tactics from a coaching point of view. I'd more Rememebr those succesfull teams as been driven by brilliant playmakers in red hot form in the sense of Thurston and morgan. And a pretty bloody handy forward pack including JT and matt scott. I believe the cows probaby achieived what they should have given the roster. Throw in there a two year streak of zero injuries which you could maybe credit to the coaching staff.

Walters i believe has done an ok job with QLD. Looking at our team on paper the last few years i would argue that NSW should have blow us off the park but apart from one disappointing match we have always been in the games and won our fair share. I think given the players he has, Walters has done a good job. And from memory he gave the team a decent little serve after post performance.

I see Walters as an itch you just have to scratch, he's like that girl in uni who always had eyes on you and vice versa but the stars never aligned. Until he gets a fair and reasonable go (which by all accounts he didn't in the interviews in 2018) he will always be brisbanes big "what if". Give him two year's with a strict top 8 finish both years subject to review post both seasons.

Dearden needs to harden up .
Twice I saw him take easy options when the ball was in dispute . Allowed the opposition to gain possession and momentum .
I always appreciated the way D Lockyear competed for the ball .Always securing loose balls . His Aussie Rules exp as a kid would have influenced that I reckon . AFL the ball is always in dispute . Rugby League we think more in its their turn then its ours . The stripping of the ball this season and has helped change that status quo .

But any opportunity for the opposition to steal possession should be snuffed out quick smart .

Dearden needs to harden up .
Twice I saw him take easy options when the ball was in dispute . Allowed the opposition to gain possession and momentum .
I always appreciated the way D Lockyear competed for the ball .Always securing loose balls . His Aussie Rules exp as a kid would have influenced that I reckon . AFL the ball is always in dispute . Rugby League we think more in its their turn then its ours . The stripping of the ball this season and has helped change that status quo .

But any opportunity for the opposition to steal possession should be snuffed out quick smart .
Yea DL did that...as a mid 20's adult with years of NRL experience. Dearden is a teenager with a handful of games.

Yea DL did that...as a mid 20's adult with years of NRL experience. Dearden is a teenager with a handful of games.
Agreed.

In the context of what a shit show 2020 has been for the Broncos, the halfback who has played less than 10 NRL games is quite literally the least of our concerns.

Particularly when some of our veterans have dished up far worse over the past couple of seasons.

Agreed.

In the context of what a shit show 2020 has been for the Broncos, the halfback who has played less than 10 NRL games is quite literally the least of our concerns.

Particularly when some of our veterans have dished up far worse over the past couple of seasons.

I also think hes shown a lot of courage and enthusiasm. He takes the line on and commits defenders a lot.

How Trent Robinson does it when it needs to be done. No bullshit from Trenty. As it should be when changes are needed.

"Roosters coach Trent Robinson says the NRL's leading point scorer Kyle Flanagan will take his axing "on the chin"

" ... I thought it was time for Kyle not to play," Robinson said. "He can come back and work on a few things that he needs to keep developing. That is the call for this week."

Acknowledging Green has won a premiership and been to another grand final and has a fairly decent record with the Cows my biggest concern would be what part did he actaully play?

I personally don't think his sucessfull cowboys teams were known for brilliant game plans and tactics from a coaching point of view. I'd more Rememebr those succesfull teams as been driven by brilliant playmakers in red hot form in the sense of Thurston and morgan. And a pretty bloody handy forward pack including JT and matt scott. I believe the cows probaby achieived what they should have given the roster. Throw in there a two year streak of zero injuries which you could maybe credit to the coaching staff.

Walters i believe has done an ok job with QLD. Looking at our team on paper the last few years i would argue that NSW should have blow us off the park but apart from one disappointing match we have always been in the games and won our fair share. I think given the players he has, Walters has done a good job. And from memory he gave the team a decent little serve after post performance.

I see Walters as an itch you just have to scratch, he's like that girl in uni who always had eyes on you and vice versa but the stars never aligned. Until he gets a fair and reasonable go (which by all accounts he didn't in the interviews in 2018) he will always be brisbanes big "what if". Give him two year's with a strict top 8 finish both years subject to review post both seasons.
This is pretty spot on.

How Trent Robinson does it when it needs to be done. No bullshit from Trenty. As it should be when changes are needed.

"Roosters coach Trent Robinson says the NRL's leading point scorer Kyle Flanagan will take his axing "on the chin"

" ... I thought it was time for Kyle not to play," Robinson said. "He can come back and work on a few things that he needs to keep developing. That is the call for this week."

Excellent player management right there.

It also helps when the Roosters, like Melbourne, can slip virtually any of their young halfbacks into their side and they will fit straight into their 'systems'

How i envy those sides.....

He won 2 GFs at Wynnum and was on the coaching staff at Brisbane 2006 and Roosters 2013
He also won the Brisbane Rothmans Medal and the Sydney Rothmans Medal as a player.
He has a pedigree and is certainly smart enough to adapt his coaching style if that was a problem.

I'm not sure why people keep saying they don't want him without giving an explanation.
I'm not saying he is a quick fix or even a fix just that he has a history of winning.
Kevvie and Green are the standouts if they pull the trigger on pies.

I'd be more surprised if he isn't here next year than if he is.

BMD Brisbane Broncos has a ring, yeah ?/

Last edited:

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.