NEWS Pies: I'm coping OK. I couldn't care less.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
After seven days of allegations, Badel hauls the accused to the stand. Seibold stands his ground:

“I’m coping OK."

Image0

Holding up fine.

“It’s not an easy job coaching the Broncos and it’s never nice losing this many games. We’ve lost six straight games and I’ve never lost that many in my career in a row, that’s brand new, but the longer you are in the game, the more likely that is going to happen. It happens to all coaches and players, but I’m holding up fine. I’ve got good perspective on things and in this job, you need to show some leadership."

“I’m working really hard to try and turn things around. We showed some glimpses of playing better for longer against the Warriors (in last week’s 26-16 loss). In the first 30 minutes, we were great defensively and really strong with how we went about our work. We lost our way in the second half, a bit similar to the Manly game, but I saw some signs of improvement."

IMG 4392

Public service announcement: we do NOT advise throwing darts at your fridge.

“It’s my job to provide some stability for the team. I am trying to simplify the message. The guys need to get away from football when they are not at training, it’s important they switch off and I encourage that. But when we are at training, we need to work hard and work smart and it’s a collective effort. We won‘t get out of this as individuals, it’s a collective effort to get better and it involves the players, the staff and myself.”

“It’s not for me to comment on how people think I coach or teach, I couldn’t care less about what they say about me, to be honest. When you lose, people want to make whatever assessments they want. I haven’t seen too much commentary because I tend to stay away from it, but in fairness, we have had a lot of injuries and it’s been tough to build the combinations we’ve wanted to build. In the first few rounds, we’ve had really good combinations but since the first two rounds, we’ve had constant changes to our team.”

<redacted due to male nudity>

“I’m not stepping back as head coach at all. It’s more me being able to see things over the top. We’ve had some gaps without staff with Ben Cross’s redundancy and Corey Parker not able to come back into the COVID bubble, so I’m making sure Peter and Kurt can take up the slack. There’s no change to what I’m doing as head coach. I’m not sure where the rumours come from but my role here hasn’t changed, I’ve just given my assistants a little more responsibility. My assistants are always hands-on at training. With ‘Crossy’ and ‘Cozza’ not being here, I’ve got Kurt Richards doing a bit more with the defensive side of things and Peter Gentle is looking after the attack side of things."

The depression we had to have.

McHunt

Last edited:
On what Seibold says above, I also noticed our tackling was a whole lot better during the Warriors game despite poor defensive reads by key players. In any case, any improvements will need to be built on over upcoming matches both in defence and attack for Seibold's assertions that things are turning around to ring true, which is as much on the players as on Seibold.

As for the post above, I don't really see that what looks like fat shaming has anything to do with our issues as a team nor any issues with Seibold's coaching. I reckon that's a bit over the top there @McHunt . Shall we also post pictures of Big Mal in his underwear? What's the relevance?

Last edited:
Please pm me any pics you've saved of Mal in his underwear.

Hang on ...how about this: not underwear but close enough for mine. A role model for kids and our younger players

Big Mal

Last edited:
I couldn’t care less about what they say about me
Not I couldn’t care less. A play on words perhaps but not overly correct. I’m not too happy with what’s going on at the moment either but let’s give him his due.

Not I couldn’t care less. A play on words perhaps but not overly correct. I’m not too happy with what’s going on at the moment either but let’s give him his due.
Literally what he said. He's coping okay, he couldn't care less about all the shit we're dumping on him. The story is about his feelings, not the team's performance.

The context is the reporter has been calling for him to quit or be sacked all week. Seibold's response is he doesn't give a ****, he's not even reading the press, and as far as he's concerned the team is going in the right direction. He's not going to do anything differently. He's also blaming "leadership," which is passing the buck onto Alex Glenn for last week's loss.

**** Seibold. 9/10 of us want to see the back of him.

Last edited:
So it's a dicks attack and gentle defence scenario?

On another note I thought coaches coached! He's got a guy doing attack and one for defence so wtf is he doing? In 18 months I haven't seen a single difference from the so called BennettBall other than it being an inferior product now.

Based on 1.5 years of history there is little to indicate that Siebs as a coach has had any impact on helping players with individual improvement at the Broncs, or showing any structure on the field, I noticed that in the two games I watched live last year, I was amazed they could go through the whole game and just look so disorganised as a team. Sure there might be a lack of vision at the top and random recruiting decisions.. but the things a coach actually controls... defensive and attacking structures... man management... getting people to buy into and commit to a plan, isn't the evidence on this all pointing to the same conclusion?

He also talks about not having the same team out there two games in a row and injuries (usual excuses that he gives while saying there are no excuses).

He is also responsible for so many of these changes.

So far:

Niu - fullback, bench hooker
Isaako - Fullback, winger, bench hooker, dropped but not
Oates - Winger, whinger, bench, second-row, centre (in game), dropped but not
Arthars - winger, centre
Farnworth - winger, centre
Flegler - prop / second-row
TPJ - Second-row, prop, lock (in game)
Joffa - Prop, second-row, lock, bench
Lodge - Bench, prop
Teo - Bench, second-row, centre (in game)
Dearden - Bench, back-up hooker, halfback (in game)
Bullemor - Bench, second-row, bench, dropped
Hoppa - Bench, second-row, bench, lock (in game), dropped

I mean, this is one of the dumbest teams out there, it is any wonder they have no structure or combinations when you (the coach) are throwing them under the bus by giving them absolutely no continuity while the one guy who could switch them on is playing like a cat (Milford)?

He also talks about not having the same team out there two games in a row and injuries (usual excuses that he gives while saying there are no excuses).

So far:

Arthars - winger, centre
Lodge - Bench, prop

I mean, this is one of the dumbest teams out there, it is any wonder they have no structure or combinations when you (the coach) are throwing them under the bus by giving them absolutely no continuity while the one guy who could switch them on is playing like a cat (Milford)?
And that's without mentioning the captaincy/leadership group farce and Glenn playing in the centres.

Even if we still beat the Dogs.

Wont change the fact, that this guy is still the biggest fraud there is.

So far:

Arthars - winger, centre
Lodge - Bench, prop

yeah it's a headscratcher huh.

"we have no combos"

*proceeds to toss up a list of players on in the air and plays them based on where they land*

"see i told you we have no combos"

A youngish mudguts coaching a professional football team doesn't exactly scream "PROFESSIONAL" imo. It more belches "heavy end of the buffet". Slants the perception like an icecream bowl being tipped towards a phlegmy-sounding throat to extract every last morsel, which I'm sure is not stretching the metaphor too much here, unlike Siebold's elasticated waistband.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Astro
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manofoneway
  • mitch222
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Volvo Driver
  • BroncosAlways
  • FACTHUNT
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • phoenix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.