NEWS Pies will not budge

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Don't bother grilling innocent bystander Peter Gentle on the five long years of torment Anthony Seibold has promised to inflict on the Broncos, he says Pies is still committed “One hundred per cent:"

“I haven’t heard anything different. I haven’t seen him waver from that for one moment. This is just a little personal issue he has got at the moment but he is back in a fortnight and we are good to go. I don‘t think many coaches have been through this, but at the end of the day I am only filling in for ‘Seibs’. He is back in two weeks, he is still calling all the shots."

“We had him propped up on a chair in a meeting this morning on a zoom call. I am only filling in, it‘s not as if Seibs is gone totally. It (coaching from home) is a welcome distraction for him. I talk to him many times a day, the staff get together each afternoon and we catch up on zoom. He is getting all the training footage so he is able to cut it up and plan the sessions."

“He is coaching from afar, I am there just carrying out his wishes, which is what we do anyway. It‘s been pretty seamless at the moment with Seibs working at arm’s length, a few of the older players have stepped up and helped during the week.”

Fallen hero Darren Lockyer calls the club’s season a “train wreck” but fall guy Gentle plans to soldier on and hopefully deliver the team's fourth win this season:

“It is not for me to agree with that. All I want to do on Saturday night is get a win for Seibs and our fans. A lot of things have happened this year. What else can I say?”

McHunt

Last edited:
Don't bother grilling innocent bystander Peter Gentle on the five long years of torment Anthony Seibold has promised to inflict on the Broncos, he says Pies is still committed “One hundred per cent:"

“I haven’t heard anything different. I haven’t seen him waver from that for one moment. This is just a little personal issue he has got at the moment but he is back in a fortnight and we are good to go. I don‘t think many coaches have been through this, but at the end of the day I am only filling in for ‘Seibs’. He is back in two weeks, he is still calling all the shots."

“We had him propped up on a chair in a meeting this morning on a zoom call. I am only filling in, it‘s not as if Seibs is gone totally. It (coaching from home) is a welcome distraction for him. I talk to him many times a day, the staff get together each afternoon and we catch up on zoom. He is getting all the training footage so he is able to cut it up and plan the sessions."

“He is coaching from afar, I am there just carrying out his wishes, which is what we do anyway. It‘s been pretty seamless at the moment with Seibs working at arm’s length, a few of the older players have stepped up and helped during the week.”

Fallen hero Darren Lockyer calls the club’s season a “train wreck” but fall guy Gentle plans to soldier on and hopefully deliver the team's fourth win this season:

“It is not for me to agree with that. All I want to do on Saturday night is get a win for Seibs and our fans. A lot of things have happened this year. What else can I say?”

McHunt
"If i was being 100% honest, we've both bitten off way more than we can chew". That's all I want to hear.

Last edited:

McHunt
Coaching from afar - I guess that's better than him coaching up close as that hasn't been working

Why isn’t alex Glenn coach this week

Well I guess all the white on away jerseys is useful for something after all

5cf99557c53b561596c659ee72d18e3d.jpg

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.