Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dingbat? :wowzers:
Take it outside? :coxy:

Roberts will play wing at best, with Merritt at FB.
Despite the age difference, there is no way you can even begin to compare one with the other. You're making the assumption Roberts will take the leap from a rookie player with speed and little more, to a proven first grader and international as Beale.

FTR, I'd prefer Beale to Barba as FB, because the latter in defense is merely a bad statistic!

lols but you were the one who did compare them which prompted my initial reply. Flip flop.

I reluctantly compared them at same age, and even then that is a long bow.

I'm aghast that you're willing to write off one of the more promising rookies around who hasn't even seen half a season of first grade. May I ask why? Funnily enough, were you not one of the many on here who used to rubbish Beale?

Yes, I rubbished Beale, but in my defense I never did when he played fullback or even winger, which I don't think is his best position. As a centre however, he was well below par, and I called him on it.

I'm not writing Roberts off, but I'm also not of the opinion that he's one of the most promising youngsters out there. The Broncos have 4 (yes, four) fullbacks better than him imo.

If I, by some cosmic rotten irony, was a 5(c)uff$ manager, and Beale was on the market; I'd definitely try to get him!

It's not fair to compare Roberts to an 18 year old Beale.

Totally different environments and Roberts didn't have to deal with the setbacks Beale had to.

With that said, Roberts is definitely a talent. However, he needs to cut the crap before anybody can get too carried away.

Of course Beale currently sh!ts on him - he's three years older you dingbat. It is useless comparing them given they are very, very different players. However lets say we were to. IMO Roberts has shown a little more than what Beale had at the same age. He's a far better ball player and has him slightly in running to boot. He will follow a similar path to Barba, however it's all contextual. Souths need to decide upon his best position which looks like fullback for at least the following few years. Merrit has shown his best football is without doubt on the wing.

Souths would be one of the last teams looking for a fullback.

that is al just wrong, just wrong. Especially merritts best position being wing... just wrong

He's a pinch hitter at fullback. Whereas he is one of the best wingers in the comp'.

Looks like it might be Hodges last season for the Broncos.
Off to the superleague.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • Broncos Maestro
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Wild Horse
  • Johnny92
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • MrRobot
  • Astro
  • MrTickyMcG
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • cento
  • Broncosgirl
  • Aldo
  • Pablo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ell.d33
  • Dash
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.