Player physiques - Pre Season

View attachment 6642

Coates & Arthars looking stronger

I don't mean any disrespect but my word it is as though Inglis died and was reincarnated as Coates. I predict this youngster to be Dally M centre of the year within 3 years max. Will also finish his career as our greatest centre along with Pearl. This man has the body of Adonis. He must be a starting centre some time this year. What an athlete! He is the man/player I am most excited about in 2020.

Last edited:
I don't mean any disrespect but my word it is as though Inglis died and was reincarnated as Coates. I predict this youngster to be Dally M centre of the year within 3 years max. Will also finish his career as our greatest centre along with Pearl. This man has the body of Adonis. He must be a starting centre some time this year. What an athlete! He is the man/player I am most excited about in 2020.

I reckon he might get a big chance this year. If he trains well, he will no doubt get a spot first up

Yeah and I hope he’s tied up on at least a 3 year deal.

I thought he'd be selected for the Kumuls. What happened there?

If Turpin is going to be starting hooker then he needs to put on a little more weight.

Just because a player looks fit and like Inglis does not mean anything really. Those tries / almost tries he scored flying the way he did are extremely promising but his defense was appalling. Let's hope he has improved out of sight there because he and Farnworth are super exciting.

I reckon he might get a big chance this year. If he trains well, he will no doubt get a spot first up

I don't see him displacing Staggs, Bird or Boyd yet.
But super super excited to see him get a run.
Honestly wouldn't surprise me if he starts on the wing though and plays there until Bird inevitably gets injured.

Yeah if you saw Turps posts on insta the other day there’s no way he’s not in shape. Might have just had a bit of a blowout for his birthday.

His haircut does no favours for his head/face shape either

Nah it is just standard pre-season methodology. Younger guys need to train longer to build bulk / endurance, etc.
Spot on. Also by default the more experienced guys tend to finish their seasons later with Rep commitments etc so they get to come back later too.

Why did the younger blokes have to report back to training earlier than the experienced blokes? Is that who the end of season review blamed everything on?

EBA says you have to have four weeks off, most of the younger guys finished earlier. Also get the ISC guys and younger guys in so you can do testing, you don't have any data on them.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • eggstar10
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrMoore
  • kiwibronco
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • Justwin
  • ezpz
  • RodF
  • Redux
  • broncs30
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.