Policing...

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
If a non Australian resident is driving your car and you get a speeding fine from a camera, can you still use the Stat Dec to nominate the actual driver?
Yeah, then they sort it out like they would roadside if you produced it.

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
If a non Australian resident is driving your car and you get a speeding fine from a camera, can you still use the Stat Dec to nominate the actual driver?
You can, the likely reality is that fine will never be collected and that person will be SPER suspended from driving in Australia should they ever come back.

Renegade

NRL Captain
I'm sure Jason Simmons Jason Simmons and Browny Browny are very nice people individually but I don't have a lot of time for cops. I totally get they do a thankless job and do their best to help protect the community, but my limited experiences with them have been less than ideal.

My best advice to anyone would be: never say a word to a cop unless you are legally obligated to. Even if you have nothing to hide - don't assume taking the good samaritan approach will help you out - they will take your own innocuous words and use them against you. Refuse all questions and get a lawyer if necessary. Don't. Answer. Questions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.