[POLL] Five-eighth for 2014

Who should be the Broncos #6 in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Strasser will dominate after a slow start and Hunt will continue to grow, meanwhile Macca will drift out of it leaving us in 2015 with,

1. Barba

6. Milf
7. Strass

9. Hunt

I know, i know Strass isn't a halfback... Shut up, I don't care he will be fine. *fingers crossed*

Strasser actually is a natural five-eighth that can also play halfback and fullback. I too agree that he just needs an opportunity. He will do extremely well if given time.

You can't tell me you want Hunt to play hooker. Whatever potential he had as a junior was completely destroyed in his stints there. His talent and skill is completely wasted as a hooker in the four seasons he played there because he is a halfback that needs an opportunity to shine.

If he played halfback after the U20's he would of already been a really skillfull, classy and smart halfback, but as usual Broncos development screwed it up so that he had a place in the team playing first grade. If he continued playing halfback, even in QCup, I have no doubt he would've forced Wallace out of the team in no time. Instead his development got stopped when they tried to mould him into a makeshift hooker and now when he is our first choice halfback, he doesn't have that experience of leading the team around for the whole 80 mins. Hence, he drifts in and out of games as he is used to playing 40 mins or so each game.

However, given more time, he'll live up to the hype that surrounded him when he was a youngster.

I don't think many people actually appreciate how crucial this was to the Broncos failing to make the 8 this year.

Ben Hunt's blinder against the Knights should have reaped about 3 or 4 more try assists but for Wallace and Maranta ****ing things up.

Same goes for the game against the Warriors.

Same goes for the game against the Storm where Maranta was held up 4 times.

3 more wins puts us in 5th.

You could single out a bunch of factors why we didn't make the 8. If our defence wasn't so terrible, we likely would have made it too, even with Maranta and Wallace.

[MENTION=8440]bazza[/MENTION] out of the options at the club (Milf, Strass, Hunt) if all three fire Hunt is the better option for the 9 given to keep those three I'd gladly let Macca explore his options.

Strasser will dominate after a slow start and Hunt will continue to grow, meanwhile Macca will drift out of it leaving us in 2015 with,

1. Barba

6. Milf
7. Strass

9. Hunt

I know, i know Strass isn't a halfback... Shut up, I don't care he will be fine. *fingers crossed*

HE played half the year at halfback for the dolphins when cullen came up from the NYC so its not unreasonable.

However some say Milford at halfback in the NYC was his best position

HE played half the year at halfback for the dolphins when cullen came up from the NYC so its not unreasonable.

However some say Milford at halfback in the NYC was his best position

No he didn't be played 5 games at half.

Don't want to put a damper on things but he also worked with Parker during 2012.

Halligan did a session with the kickers this arvo at Purtell, working with Kahu.
Is anyone doing any general play kicking . Or just kicking technique generally . Preferably an AFL player?

Is anyone doing any general play kicking . Or just kicking technique generally . Preferably an AFL player?

Could get K Hunt in as a kicking coach. We could pay him all his wage out of the cap. That's a great plan.

What's the deal with Ashley Taylor? He was getting talked up pretty big in the middle of last year and now he's seemingly not in the conversation. Is he still injured as has he just died in the ass development wise?

What's the deal with Ashley Taylor? He was getting talked up pretty big in the middle of last year and now he's seemingly not in the conversation. Is he still injured as has he just died in the ass development wise?

Someone said he has a serious injury, won't be back for a while.

I don't believe he is nearly nrl quality yet either. He is a prospect for the future. He has only played roughly half a season of twenties and he is tiny (i think he is 17). But id guess he would be under 80kg. In a year or two he might be ready but depending on how hunt is going might need to do a qld cup apprenticeship.

Unread

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • Footy Fanatic
  • thenry
  • Alec
  • johnny plath
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mister Wright
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Spike
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • levikaden
  • jd87
  • Hoof Hearted
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.