THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Should it though? This is all too little, too late. They are kind of relying on Stephen Bradbury'ing their way into the finals at this point where it's not all within our control. Nor is this team beating a serious top 8 team in the finals. Fitness and defence are bottom 4 and have been all year.
Kevvie is still under massive pressure, and always will be while he's the Broncos head coach. We finally found a team capable of having a collapse against another shit team. And we beat them.

He gets the credit.

But I think how we came back and buried them shows there's at least life in the roster even with three of our most expensive players out, and if Kevvie can coach he should be able to work with it.

He'll be able to point at this game in his season review.

Yes, confirmed.

Others confirmed for 2025 include gender reveal legend Darius Boyd who will continue to coach our edge defence to make sure they don't "try too hard."
Great news😩
Now all we need is Ashton sims to come on board as a forwards coach🤮

All we can really do is improve week by week. There has to be something that we can look to build on to give us hope in the coach and team for next year.

I dont disagree with your points either, i just think its inevitable Kevvie gets some time to put things right next year. If we keep collapsing though, i think he might actually call it a day himself.
How do you think he puts things right?
He wasn’t able to change anything over the last few months, pretty much all season the team hasn’t been close to where they were last year..

Anyone know if that burly sun weathered bloke, ( pretty sure he had a shaved head and some tatts on his arms), who doesn’t mind yelling and getting fired up that was involved in defensive drills and wrestling, from a few years ago, and maybe last year, is still at the club?

My 2 cent.
Kevvie and the coaching staff may be too one dimensional with the stay positive and it’ll all work out kinda attitude I get from watching his interviews. I think it is important to have that, but also looking at a lot of successful coaches and teams, it’s equaling as important to have a bit of the angry ass hole accountability tyrant that keeps players on their toes, working their asses off and focussed on winning that you get from Bennett, Bellemy, Hasler, McGuire etc..

Parker had a good rant last week on his radio show about the possible lack of accountability in this current group, and the earlier bennett days and the assholeness of Bennett and some of the senior players that kept the younger guys focussed and in check.

90’s Chicago bulls is a good example
They had the ultra hard working tyrant Jordan that would lose his shit if guys weren’t putting in 100%.
With Phil Jackson balancing it out with his Buddhism and Native American stuff.

We need more tyrant assholes around, to balance thing out and keep the young group from getting complacent and big heads, especially after how well they went last year.

Do you think it is an attitude thing as well?
Has complacency crept in after last year?

To a certain extent it wouldnt surprise me. Maybe a few of them are believing the hype and taking a few short cuts in their preparation and when things go wrong you see the results from this.

We need more tyrant assholes around, to balance thing out and keep the young group from getting complacent and big heads, especially after how well they went last year.

I whole heartedly agree......but
ask the Bulldogs how it pans out.

Aren't they being sued by a former player because the coach was tough & mean to him?

It's a bit weird that the bloke who replaced Ezra had a shocker but somehow we managed to play better than with Ezra.

Did we miss Payne? I'm not sure.
Payne hasn't been payne since his injury. He's still been one of the premier props in the competition. The bench rotation with the forwards was great I thought despite sailor being a useless sub.

That whole edge just defended better I thought. Piakura, Mariner etc. Maybe rogers is more competent defender but i dont think so. Put mam in the side and we probably put 50 on em.

It's a bit weird that the bloke who replaced Ezra had a shocker but somehow we managed to play better than with Ezra.

Did we miss Payne? I'm not sure.
Mate you’re a bit of a hard marker if you’re saying Rogers had a shocker. His try came off his own bomb and he also had a try assist. What did he do to be seen as having a shocker?

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
  • Rambstien
  • Porthoz
  • broncsgoat
  • Spooky1013
  • Midean
  • BooKhaki
  • RolledOates
  • theshed
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Strop
  • Hurrijo
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Maddy
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.