THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Did either of you two circle jerking bumchums even watch the last two months of football?
Who cares? He's gonna be coach next season, might as well get on board. You can throw whatever tantrums you want, just like your prediction that TPJ should be captain of the broncos, kevy isn't gonna be sacked before the 2025 season!

Wayne Bennett - "its my way or the highway". Legend coach

Kevin Walters - "its my way or the highway". Screams nepotism......poison....don't disagree with KW or you'll get the sack.

?

Its not surprising than an old school guy walks into a modern day environment and goes wtf is happening here. Welcome to the world we now live in old mate.......
its completely cooked.
Crazy that Bennett, Bellamy and Robinson would be doing exactly what Walters is trying to do

Wayne Bennett - "its my way or the highway". Legend coach

Kevin Walters - "its my way or the highway". Screams nepotism......poison....don't disagree with KW or you'll get the sack.

?

Its not surprising than an old school guy walks into a modern day environment and goes wtf is happening here. Welcome to the world we now live in old mate.......
its completely cooked.
That’s an oversimplification imo. Wayne can be pretty collaborative with his assistants as said in the interview. On the Ikin thing I think that was Kevvie trying to do Wayne, the difference being Wayne can handle coaching and running a footy department where it looks like Kevvie can’t.

Crazy that Bennett, Bellamy and Robinson would be doing exactly what Walters is trying to do
Except they are succeeding
It doesn’t matter what you do as long as it works
Whatever Kev is doing, it isn’t working
The criticism he is copping is totally deserved

Did either of you two circle jerking bumchums even watch the last two months of football?
They don’t know the first thing about what is necessary to succeed in the NRL
Their only contribution is to mindlessly support Kev in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
I have them both muted because I can’t bear their opinions

Some people just don’t have what it takes to be a head coach though. For mine that doesn’t make them shit assistant coaches. By all reports JD is a tremendous assistant coach, put him in a position where he has to manage relationships more intricately and he completely fucked it over.

Coaching is a balancing act and some just don’t quite have the skills, creativity, personality to cut it as a head coach. Assistant coach is a lot less like that. I’ll take Trent especially in attack any day of the week. I think Peter Wallace and JD are probably the only two assistants I’d have taken before him personally. Sure his head coaching record is grim but at the end of the day he is the one getting head coaching jobs, interim coach promotions and shit like that which means he is a lot better than the average assistant running around. Obviously his head coaching record is rough but the best he has gotten to work with was manly all those years ago. He was an absolute deadset dickhead for taking the doggies job and idk what on earth he could have done to turn the Eels team around. Filled with past it has beens, journeyman plodders and rookies.

The acquisition of Ben Te’O has been criticised a bit as well but I genuinely rate that signing so highly. I think he is probably one of if not the most promising young coaches going around tbh.

Within 3 seasons of retiring he coached Redcliffe colts to a grand final (beaten by a stacked blackhawks team) whilst simultaneously coaching the Nudgee 2nd XV first year out of the NRL and at a different club to the one he retired at.

Within 12 months of retiring he was appointed into the cup head coach role whilst doing a fair bit of work with and around the NRL team that year. They bowed out first round of finals after coming 5th with a 11-3-6 record and losing by 6 points against a stacked Falcons side that had the likes of Fa’alogo, Anderson, Olam, J Nik, Vaalepu, Wishart, Pene, Howarth, Lewis all playing for them.

Come to this season and the dolphins have finished 3rd. Found themselves in some strife in the finals series with a mixture of injuries and a squadron of players being called up to NRL so it’s likely to end this afternoon but that’s life you can’t tarnish Te’O for that result.

To wrap it all up he also was the u19 maroons coach this year and that is by far the best they have looked in some time whilst definitely not having the same level of quality that NSW had littered throughout there side.

Not to mention the bloke might be just about be the most experienced cross-coder to go into coaching. NRL premiership, 174 NRL games across 3 different clubs (essentially 4), 7 Origins, a test match for Samoa, 98 club union games in 4 different teams and 3 different comps, 16 tests for union and 2 British and Irish Lions appearances. Not to mention he has the experience of playing in the forwards in the NRL and backs in union. Fair to say the bloke has seen it all and has a shit ton of knowledge and experience to go with his clear knack for coaching.
This is actually a great post. Good perspective to consider

the eels attack looked pretty decent under Barrett. They didn’t have Moses for most of that as well.

Attack is the least of our problems
Is it? We have looked pretty poor at it nonetheless this year. He is our attack coach after all. Fair to say it would be pretty hard going to not give an attacking coach with a good assistant coaches resume’ a job because of his interim teams defence.

Some people just don’t have what it takes to be a head coach though. For mine that doesn’t make them shit assistant coaches. By all reports JD is a tremendous assistant coach, put him in a position where he has to manage relationships more intricately and he completely fucked it over.

Coaching is a balancing act and some just don’t quite have the skills, creativity, personality to cut it as a head coach. Assistant coach is a lot less like that. I’ll take Trent especially in attack any day of the week. I think Peter Wallace and JD are probably the only two assistants I’d have taken before him personally. Sure his head coaching record is grim but at the end of the day he is the one getting head coaching jobs, interim coach promotions and shit like that which means he is a lot better than the average assistant running around. Obviously his head coaching record is rough but the best he has gotten to work with was manly all those years ago. He was an absolute deadset dickhead for taking the doggies job and idk what on earth he could have done to turn the Eels team around. Filled with past it has beens, journeyman plodders and rookies.

The acquisition of Ben Te’O has been criticised a bit as well but I genuinely rate that signing so highly. I think he is probably one of if not the most promising young coaches going around tbh.

Within 3 seasons of retiring he coached Redcliffe colts to a grand final (beaten by a stacked blackhawks team) whilst simultaneously coaching the Nudgee 2nd XV first year out of the NRL and at a different club to the one he retired at.

Within 12 months of retiring he was appointed into the cup head coach role whilst doing a fair bit of work with and around the NRL team that year. They bowed out first round of finals after coming 5th with a 11-3-6 record and losing by 6 points against a stacked Falcons side that had the likes of Fa’alogo, Anderson, Olam, J Nik, Vaalepu, Wishart, Pene, Howarth, Lewis all playing for them.

Come to this season and the dolphins have finished 3rd. Found themselves in some strife in the finals series with a mixture of injuries and a squadron of players being called up to NRL so it’s likely to end this afternoon but that’s life you can’t tarnish Te’O for that result.

To wrap it all up he also was the u19 maroons coach this year and that is by far the best they have looked in some time whilst definitely not having the same level of quality that NSW had littered throughout there side.

Not to mention the bloke might be just about be the most experienced cross-coder to go into coaching. NRL premiership, 174 NRL games across 3 different clubs (essentially 4), 7 Origins, a test match for Samoa, 98 club union games in 4 different teams and 3 different comps, 16 tests for union and 2 British and Irish Lions appearances. Not to mention he has the experience of playing in the forwards in the NRL and backs in union. Fair to say the bloke has seen it all and has a shit ton of knowledge and experience to go with his clear knack for coaching.

Thanks, Mrs Te'o. Can Ben speak for himself now?

I like the way whenever a Te'o side has lost the other side is stacked and you're ignoring the NRL players he has at his disposal.

The Colts he lost 46-32 and that the Blackhawks didn't even win the minor premiership they only won one more game than the Dolphins- the Blackhawks weren't the best side Wynnum were all year. 46 points against in a Grand Final and you don't give that defence a second thought? Dolphins scored the first two tries and then let the Blackhawks score the next four!

Onto Cup- Falcons stacked again just unlucky. Faalogo hadn't played NRL yet and had played 27 Cup games. Howarth had been on the Coast since 2021. Wishart played 8 games for the Falcons, Pene Cup since 2019.

But you leave off that Te'o had Cameron Cullen, Trei Fuller, Te Whare, Max Plath and was down 34-6 at half time. Again, nothing wrong there?

Last week 46-18- another 46 against in a final- no thoughts there?

Unread

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  • barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.