Portable Music Players

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
I guess what I'm after in earlier terms is a portable CD player.

But **** that, Fourex don't use CD's no more man.....he's got his PC loaded with MP3 's that can play on one continuous loop.

I want to stick those mp3's on a USB drive and plug it into "something" to take with me anywhere.

What is that "something" I'm looking for ....

I guess its like a docking station but without the phone. (I don't want to fill my phone up with music)

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
You're after a portable speaker then. Does your player have Bluetooth, if so, there are some fantastic little Bluetooth speakers around at the moment. Most of them also have aux inputs too, but not USB.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
What about your phone? Or can you not afford the space to music?

There are portable speakers around that have USB input. Do you want a remote?

We have a little mini system that cost $300 here. Battery or plug. Its not separate speakers though.

Where will you be using it?

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
What about your phone? Or can you not afford the space to music?

We have a little mini system that cost $300 here. Battery or plug. Its not separate speakers though.

USB drive input, as in plug & play? Remote ..yes.

Back yard ...parties etc etc

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
I guess I can get an mp3 player ....Put the music from the pc onto the mp3 player.....and hook it up to speakers or a docking station?

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
I bought a UE Boom portable speaker that pairs wirelessly via bluetooth (can be connected via USB). That means I can play music from my laptop, ipad, phone, anyone elses device, anywhere I want. The sound quality is really impressive for $200.

Logitech UE Boom review - Engadget

You get about 15m range depending on walls or things between device and speaker, and you can get a good 12+ hours battery time. I paid the $25 for two more years of replacement warranty, mostly for the battery.

Very happy, you can even pair multiple speakers to an audio source.

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I've got a Logitech unit too. They are impressive.

You might want to look at Mini HiFi Systems for what you're looking for [MENTION=7980]Mr Fourex[/MENTION].

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Ghetto solution:

iPod shuffle/phone with music on it + PC speakers & sub + AUX cable + power outlet = good times!

Probably cheaper, but a tad more inconvenient. :D

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
I guess what I'm after in earlier terms is a portable CD player.

But **** that, Fourex don't use CD's no more man.....he's got his PC loaded with MP3 's that can play on one continuous loop.

I want to stick those mp3's on a USB drive and plug it into "something" to take with me anywhere.

What is that "something" I'm looking for ....

I guess its like a docking station but without the phone. (I don't want to fill my phone up with music)
Found and purchased......works great.

Plug in the usb stick (circled) and play

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
That's about the size of our little one. Which we never use for the love of Bluetooth.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
I enlarged the photo.
Thanks Admiral Smartmouth. I just meant that if it requires a power point, and has external speakers that require plugging in to the main unit, that's like saying that my PC is portable. I'm sure someone will post a pic of someone at Starbucks with a full PC setup.

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
Thanks Admiral Smartmouth. I just meant that if it requires a power point, and has external speakers that require plugging in to the main unit, that's like saying that my PC is portable. I'm sure someone will post a pic of someone at Starbucks with a full PC setup.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter