Post-Covid Rugby League

Also with new coaches coming in, which marquee players do you see on the chopping block?

Could we potentially see these players on the free market this pre-season?

Brisbane: Jack Bird, Anthony Milford, Joe Ofahengaue, Corey Oates
Canterbury: Will Hopoate, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Dylan Napa
Gold Coast: Tyrone Peachey, Ash Taylor, Jarrod Wallace, Bryce Cartwright
North Queensland Cowboys: Esan Marsters, Scott Drinkwater, Michael Morgan, Jordan McLean, Jake Granville, Coen Hess
St George Illawarra Dragons: Matt Dufty, Corey Norman, Ben Hunt, Tariq Sims
Warriors: David Fusitua, Kodi Nikorima, Adam Blair

A lot of these teams have to make changes, it's just going to be interesting to see whether the impacts of Covid are going to allow it.

Brisbane: Jack Bird, Anthony Milford, Joe Ofahengaue, Corey Oates
Canterbury: Will Hopoate, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Dylan Napa
Gold Coast: Tyrone Peachey, Ash Taylor, Jarrod Wallace, Bryce Cartwright
North Queensland Cowboys: Esan Marsters, Scott Drinkwater, Michael Morgan, Jordan McLean, Jake Granville, Coen Hess
St George Illawarra Dragons: Matt Dufty, Corey Norman, Ben Hunt, Tariq Sims
Warriors: David Fusitua, Kodi Nikorima, Adam Blair

I’ve highlighted the guys that I think could realistically get deals of comparable value elsewhere. Everyone else I feel is either unlikely to get a new deal at their current value, so are not going anywhere, or unlikely to be re-signed by their current club either.

Last edited:
If they reduce to 25 players... how will that work with players currently under contract??

What if a team already has 27 players under contract next year

Broncos have already used 27/28 players this year so reducing the squad sizes would've had us digging into the second tier cap.

NRL may only be thinking about reducing squad sizes to spread the playing talent around the rest of the comp.... cut 5 players from each team and suddenly there's 80 players without a first grade contract
Well they need to find enough depth (which to be fair I think already exists) to fill at least one new team in the next three years, and probably a second one in the 3 years after that to give us an even number of clubs again.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • mitch222
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • lynx000
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • theshed
  • Skathen
  • mrslong
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.