Post Your PC Specs

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ningnangnong, Nov 24, 2013.

Ah Scomo and his taxes.

1. I'm fairly sure Dell warranty is international... But... Customs, shipping, I'm not sure it works out much cheaper TBH.

2. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

[​IMG]

Harry Sack, Fozz and Tom like this.
    Pretty sure he's going to 'Murica.

3. 'ngland.

4. Was thinking about this earlier today. GST works out to $255 so the actual equivalent price is $2,545 and the GST would be applied at the border for a laptop shipped here. And the standard drive on the US version is cheaper than the AU so adding that in brings the US price to AUD $2115 so the Aussie premium is $430.

It's bad....but it's not Adobe bad.

Anyway, I'm still weighing it up. If I go with the base M15 I'd up the storage to 256GB SSD and 1 TB drive. And maybe the 144 Hz display.

5. That being said the Aero 15X is on sale $2900 with better specs (minus the extra HDD).

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  6. The Aero 15x is really nice! Gigabyte also carries International warranty as standard, but I'd definitely check what local support options they have, just google for Gigabyte authorised repair centres and see if they have any around Brisbane. That's pretty important for me as I hate shipping expensive tech across the state if something goes wrong. These gaming laptops also have higher than average defect rates simply because they just have a lot more going on (RGB, more ports, etc).

7. Doesn't seem like they have an authorised service centre in Brisbane.

I originally spotted the deal on Scorptec (based in melbourne) but Umart has the same price.

And they're open tomorrow.

Hmm....

8. I condone impulse buying. Do it.

Jason Simmons and soup like this.
  9. If you can get it from Umart that's ideal. Just drop it back in if there's an issue and make it their problem again.

New CPUs and GPUs released are no better than the current gen realistically (for laptops anyway) so it's as good a time to buy as any.

10. I'll 3rd getting it from Umart, purely for the pressure factor. Get it done!

11. Tell you what, there wasn't much of a queue there today.

12. Still downloading Battletech so I don't have any games installed yet but the Aero screen....

[​IMG]

Oh yeah....

Kimlo and Harry Sack like this.
  13. Canga

Canga NYC Player

Looking to purchase a new machine Jan / Feb, mainly used for gaming is there anything missing that i should add?
    Don't know alot about these bloody things other than to play games and log into work lol.

GPU SeriesnVidia GTX 1060
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-8700 Processor (Up to 4.60Ghz)
    RAM8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram
    Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit
    MotherboardGigabyte B360M HD3 Chipset Motherboard
    Solid State Drive Storage240GB SATA 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Hard Drive StorageNo Hard Drive Included | Optional Upgrade Available
    Graphics CardNvidia Gefore GTX1060 6GB Graphics Card
    Optical DriveNo Optical Drive Included | Optional Upgrade Available
    LightingNo Additional Lighting Included
    CaseGMR 101 Tempered Glass Gaming Computer Case
    PowerThermaltake Lite Power 650W Power Supply Unit
    NetworkingGigabit LAN
    Processor CoolerIntel Stock Fan

14. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

I'm not as in the loop as I used to be, but I'd be wanting more storage and RAM if it's going to be for gaming.

15. Yeah 16GB RAM minimum IMO, go for a 512GB SSD at least, or 1TB if your budget is flexible, and I'd try to nab a good priced 1070Ti.

Just bought my first Windows based Ultrabook from PLE computers. Asus Zenbook UX331UAL 13.3 inch. Thought I’d play around in the Windows environment again for a change...

Memory: 16GB (Onboard) LPDDR3 2133MHz (16GB Max)
    Optical Drive: None
    Also Includes: VGA Webcam, Illuminated Chiclet Keyboard, 3 Cell 50Wh Lithium Ion Battery, microSD Card Reader, 2x USB3.0 Ports & 1x USB3.1 Type-C Port
    Display: 13.3" Widescreen Full HD LED (1920x1080)
    Lan: N/A
    Hard Drive: 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD
    Wireless: 802.11ac & Bluetooth 4.2
    Warranty: 30 Day DOA period with PLE / 1 Year limited international parts and labour warranty, includes complimentary courier pick-up and return service
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Quad Core Processor (1.8GHz up to 4.0GHz)
    Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 620 (HDMI)