Post Your PC Specs

Alec

International Rep
So anything reliable about how it compares with Intel in terms of price and performance? Is a 3700x a good investment? What's the comparable Intel CPU?

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
So anything reliable about how it compares with Intel in terms of price and performance? Is a 3700x a good investment? What's the comparable Intel CPU?
From the little I've seen so far, from a gaming perspective, there seems no real reason to get the 3900x for todays games. For the most part they're almost identical. The 3700x looks the pick of the bunch to me...

Check those guys out, they go in depth.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
You're getting similar to a 9900k with far less money down. These chips look impressive.

Waiting for MSY to open ...

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Waiting on my payment summary as well as the 2nd gen prices to come down...

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
3700X is a beast of a chip. At $519 it's basically the indisputable best CPU out there now.

You'd need to be paying $800-$900 for a comparable Intel with a cooler. It blows the i9 in anything non-gaming and it competes within 5 or so percent in gaming. It's basically the best gaming CPU out there for the money.

The 3900X if you're purely gaming is probably a waste of money but if you do any heavy compute workloads it destroys the Intel i9 and it's not even close.

Intel is in a lot of trouble, if they're not dropping prices by about 30% they are simply not competitive, only marketing can save them for now.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The 3600 is showing some killer gaming results too, and I think that's like $315 here. It's just about matching the 3700X in all but the most intense games and it's easily the best mainstream CPU for the next year, Intel cannot compete in that price range.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Waiting on my payment summary as well as the 2nd gen prices to come down...

They've already dropped in price. Boards haven't really as they perform just as good, and RAM is still normal.

This upgrade ended up costing about $1700 all up with reusing my case and PSU.

We went full wanker on our mobo though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter