Potential Nrl players from other sports.

Given the success of fijian wingers in the past and present (I.e. semi, korobeite, sivo and ravalawa to an extent) i have always thought it could be an idea to look at some of the fiji 7's players.

Prime Bakkies Botha.

Or Eben Etzebeth

Honestly, if the NRL could just completely pillage Union on a global scale, you could put another 4 teams in the comp and they would all do well.

Give teams a bit of cap relief to pillage? Sounds good to me.

I want to know peoples opinions on players from other sports that you think the broncos would be great to poach from Union, Afl etc.

For me I'd love to take the risk with a bit of a left field option and sign Semi Radradra to play fullback. He's fast, strong, elusive and is getting close to the end of his career which means guys like Cobbo won't feel like they're stuck long term behind another fullback then leave our great club.

We all remember what he did on the wing for Parramatta back in the day and he's running game but now playing Union he's developed a great short passing game and an even better offload. He's definitely someone we should look at.

Check out his highlights below.

I'm not sold on the idea of Radradra at all. Would rather roll the dice with Cobbo, Farnworth or even Staggs (as a last resort) if we can't get Manu or Ponga.

But in terms of other sports, I reckon anybody who plays as a small forward or small defender in the AFL could possibly make it as an NRL Half, if they were willing. There is a lot of tactical kicking out from the back, so if a club really wanted to take a risk, they could look into delisted AFL players.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • marw
  • Wolfie
  • Yem
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncsNBundy
  • DrGee
  • I bleed Maroon
  • vertigo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • westy316
  • Kev_Guz
  • Volvo Driver
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Inknition
... and 73 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.