VOTE POTS 2016 Round #2 vs Warriors

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Please click the image to vote your Player of the Season MOTM, 2nd and 3rd best for this round against the New Zealand Warriors.

3. Gillett
2. Glenn
1. Boyd

3. Boyd
2. Gillett
1. Milford/Glenn

3.Gillet
2.Oates
1.Reed (first game since the GF.Farkin owned it)

3. Gillett (no doubt this time)
2. Oates
1. Milf

The two and one could go to any of Oates/Milf/Boyd/Kahu/McGuire/Thaiday/Glenn

3- Gillett
2- Milf
1- Boyd

3 Boyd 2 Gillett 1 Glenn

Would have given points to Mcguire except his knock on in the first half was a massive momentum changer.

If Parker is going to slip passes early in the tackle count then the boys need to be awake for this. Mcguire looked in a daze,

Roberts is a passenger and needs a stint out of the NRL to get fit or sharpen up.

Thaiday also looks like he is out to pasture and already feet up retired / given up on being a serious player.

I'd drop both Roberts and Thaiday to send a message that ok is not good enough.

Broncs play like this - and they won't make top 4.

3 Boyd 2 Gillett 1 Glenn

Would have given points to Mcguire except his knock on in the first half was a massive momentum changer.

If Parker is going to slip passes early in the tackle count then the boys need to be awake for this. Mcguire looked in a daze,

Roberts is a passenger and needs a stint out of the NRL to get fit or sharpen up.

Thaiday also looks like he is out to pasture and already feet up retired / given up on being a serious player.

I'd drop both Roberts and Thaiday to send a message that ok is not good enough.

Broncs play like this - and they won't make top 4.

I shouldn't dignify half of this with a reply, but for the record:

Thaiday played the perfect bench weapon's game last night. Heavy hitting and hard running with quick PTB's. The casual observer wouldn't notice how many desperate last-ditch tackles he made, something sorely lacking between 2012-2014.

Roberts can't do much with zero ball and zero room. He's injecting himself from dummy half when he can, but for now, I'm satisfied if he works on his defence, not only on his own but in combination, and let the attack happen naturally.

3. Oates
2. Gillett
1. Boyd

Really hard to split Gillett and Boyd.

Oates gets the edge this week for his immense efforts getting us out of our end.

His carries on tackle one and two, as well as two incredible efforts to make it out of the in goal denied the Warriors the opportunity to build pressure when they looked most likely.

Highly impressed by his growing understanding in defence with Boyd. The careful pass in goal and covering that grubber all the way over the dead ball line? Superb stuff.

Gillett was immense again. A bastion in defence, ran hard lines all night too. Fantastic try, I really hope we see that kind of play more often. He's really matured as a player in my eyes.

As for Boyd, I just love the professionalism he brings to the role. Shut down sneaky kicks close to the line, defused bombs, made hard kick returns when our forwards were back peddling. Chimed in well in attack, support play, the whole works. He's not the best fullback in the comp, but I'd argue he's the most complete. Seems to have improved following injury/slow start last year.

Both our halves were good too. Milford certainly looked more dangerous, but Hunt got our right side ticking this week. Roberts will come into play soon, it's just a case of attaining that synergy. I realise it's frustrating for people, but players aren't just cogs in a machine. It's not as simple as swapping one out, one in. See Milford start of last year, comparative to now?

Most pleasing for me was Hunt's long clearing kicks. He found open space more often than not, and got some spin on them resulting in a few awkward bounces.

Says volumes about this side that we can win comfortably even while playing that ugly.

Lesson for this week is ball control. If we cut out those silly errors we'll be well on our way to another bumper year.

3. Josh McGuire - stood up the warriors forward pack and was a beast.
2. Matt Gillett - **** he is looking solid this year
1. Darius Boyd - he had a boss of a game. Good position throughout the game and scored a big try in the second half to set us up. He is starting to find his Dragons form for us

Active Now

• Reds2011
  • Dexter
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • Gaz
  • Stix
  • Strop
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.